PDA

View Full Version : Leave This at Home!

mickeys_princess_mom
05-25-2010, 09:52 PM
For once I'm trying to get ahead on my packing for our trip (leaving Saturday!:mickey:), and I am truly trying to go lighter....What items have you stopped bringing because you found you could live without them? :lift::D

SurferStitch
05-25-2010, 10:11 PM
I've stopped packing a hair dryer. The ones at the resorts are fine, so that's one thing that's permanently off the packing list.

DisneyLuver91
05-25-2010, 10:41 PM
I usually only bring a few pairs of clothes and wash them at the hotel when I need to. More room for "souvenears" (:mickey:) that way!

Mousemates
05-25-2010, 10:45 PM
extra clothes...i invariably pack way more than I end up wearing...especially jeans...I don't know why I bring them, I never actually end up wearing them.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Yep--jeans are off my list for this hot trip! Will wear on the plane only--it's often a little chilly there. Shorts will be in carryon! :mickey:

kemps@wdw
05-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Less clothes (I do laundry @ the resort one afternoon), hair dryer, less shoes (2 pairs sneakers, 1 pair flops), no food or drinks this year since we're flying, less electroncs (now that DD is older) all she needs is her phone and her Ipod, my camera/camcorder (all-in-one), less luggage since we're flying. I'm hoping to board the plane w/one checked bag and one carry-on per person (maybe one extra for returning souvenirs).

mickeys_princess_mom
05-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Less clothes (I do laundry @ the resort one afternoon), hair dryer, less shoes (2 pairs sneakers, 1 pair flops), no food or drinks this year since we're flying, less electroncs (now that DD is older) all she needs is her phone and her Ipod, my camera/camcorder (all-in-one), less luggage since we're flying. I'm hoping to board the plane w/one checked bag and one carry-on per person (maybe one extra for returning souvenirs).

Your list sounds very close to mine, down to the extra bag for souvenirs...:mickey: :high5:

DizneyRox
05-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Since I've started making everyone carry their own bags, they have remarkably gotten lighter. Wish I knew what was in them before, I couldn't figure out what they needed that was so heavy!

Probably liquids! Do you really need the brand new economy size bottle of shampoo and conditioner or maybe a smaller bottle will do? Same with gels, harispray, toothpaste, deoderant, etc, etc...

Michelle15
05-27-2010, 01:16 PM
:DI stopped bringing my hairdryer and limited my shoe quantity to 2.

luvdiznee
05-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Iron, extra pants (one pair or capris are usually enough) and books about Disney. Flights not long enough to get into them. :mickey:

forever a child
05-27-2010, 02:40 PM
We just got back yesterday!

I agree with the PP that stated to leave the hairdryer, iron home. Also limit your clothes and shoes! We took flip flops/sandals and tennis shoes only. We took a mini pack of Tide laundry detergent and washed out some T-shirts, undies and shorts in sink once or twice as well as bathing suits washed. The room (in the value @ POP has a line in the shower that we hung clothes on to dry. Took one day and then if needed we ironed them.

Alaska Disney Fan
05-27-2010, 11:17 PM
One of these years I'm going to leave my kids at home. That would certainly cut down on the amount of luggage I have to deal with. Another benefit is my wallet won't be as light :D

IloveDisney71
05-29-2010, 04:38 PM
We drive so I don't really have to worry about packing too much (within reason). I saw a lot of people mention leaving hair dryers at home. If you have really thick hair, I'd bring your hair dryer from home. If I try to use a hotel hair dryer on my hair (it's not even shoulder length) I am drying my hair for at least 15 to 20 minutes. My daughters both have the same problem. We have really thick hair so hotel hair dryers just aren't an option for us. We don't want to spend that kind of time trying to dry our hair on a trip -we'd probably burn up the poor hotel dryer anyway!:blush: