PDA

View Full Version : Just returned from our first trip as DVC members

mjm12000
05-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Just returned from our first trip as DVC members, stayed in our home resot at the BLT then did the 4 day cruise and while on the cruise bought our second DVC home at the Grand California Villas.. YAY! two home resorts and twice the points, can't wait for our next trip now.

tundramom
05-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Congratulations and Welcome Home!

vizsla
05-26-2010, 04:52 AM
Congratulations

DVC Mike
05-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Congrats!

PlutoPlanet
05-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Yep, we love DVC too. How big was your room at BLT? We had a studio, which is fine for 2. I could not imagine 4 in a BLT studio though. Even though we had a view of Bay Lake, we could (barely) see the MK fireworks from our balcony. That was a treat. We've never done a cruise. How did it compare to a stay at WDW?
Thanks.

mjm12000
05-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Yep, we love DVC too. How big was your room at BLT? We had a studio, which is fine for 2. I could not imagine 4 in a BLT studio though. Even though we had a view of Bay Lake, we could (barely) see the MK fireworks from our balcony. That was a treat. We've never done a cruise. How did it compare to a stay at WDW?
Thanks.

We also stayed in a studio , which agreed perfect for two but would feel very cozy for 3 or 4. We had a BAylake view room but it was smack in the center of the outside curve facing the magic kingdom as well on the 6th floor so we had a full view of the MK and wishes as well as half of Baylake... what a treat.

Best of all on the cruise they offer DVC members some fantactic deals you can not get anywhere else for adding on points. We ended up buying into a Second home resort at the Grand Californian so now we have East and West Coast DVC homes to visit.

We did the 3 night 4 day bahamas cruise for the second half of the vacation and it was heaven, like staying at a super deluxe hotel and being treated like a rock star. The Disney Wonder is a beautiful ship and the staff were so much fun. I would recommend a cruise to anyone looking for a relaxing way to enjoy the Disney Magic. What I liked most surprisingly is how social a cruise is, you eat with the same group of people each night and the same staff come with you to each new restaurant so you really get to make friends and share wonderful memories with new people from around the world.

PlutoPlanet
05-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Great report, thanks so much!

Michelle15
05-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Congrats!! I want to go on a cruise so bad but now we have to wait because we now have a 5 month old. :mickey: