PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan

kemps@wdw
05-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Hi fellow Intercoters :hi:. We've never done the dining plan before, but are seriously considering it this year (as it is free). So, how does it work? I know that there are certain dining options that require use of 2 credits, but other than that, I'm lost. Do we receive anything @ check-in that shows we're on the plan? Can it be used at any/all restaurants? Is there any place that it cannot be used? And, I'm assuming that ADRs are still recommended or necessary? When making ADRs, do I let them know I'm on the plan? Is the plan good on all days of our stay? Alot of questions, I know. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. :thanks:

KylesMom
05-25-2010, 02:26 PM
I'd read this thread as a primer Disney Dining Plan (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180) and then ask more specific questions as they come up. :mickey: Regarding ADRs, I would recommend them for all TS credits you intend to use.

littlechris1977
05-25-2010, 02:58 PM
You get a certain number of meals per person based on the number of days. Ex. Full-service dining you get 1 sit -down, 1-quick-service and 1-snack per person per day. So if three people are on your trip for 5 days that would be 15 "credits" for sit-down, 15 for qs, etc. You can use more than 1 of each per day or you can not use any. We went last year and had 5 snacks left of our last day, so we went to Goofy's candy co. and pigged out----1 item for credit--- before we headed home.

There is also a guide on WDW website that explains what restaurants accept credits, you just tell the waiter you're on the plan when you're seated and that's it. You'll just need to leave a tip..

Tinker Fan
05-25-2010, 03:08 PM
The dining plan is great once you figure it out and is not as hard as it seems but the first year we just asked alot of questions and everyone at WDW was very helpful as to what we get. We got to try alot of different places that we wouldn't have. It does take some planning.:mickey: Happy eating.

DizneyRox
05-25-2010, 03:12 PM
It's pretty easy to tell what restaurants are on the plan and which are not. The selection is much more diverse on the non-participating eateries.

I would make your reservations online for any table service meals you want to get into. I believe it will tell you right there if they are participating or not. If you are on a plan though, I strongly suggest you make reservations. Without them, you may be shut out and have no place to use your credits. Well, no place you want to, or inconvenient, etc.