PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaur in "B" mode?

Imagineer1981
05-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Rode Dinosaur a few times last week at AK and the big carnataurous(spl?) was in what I can only assume was B mode. When he is usually on the right side of the car, right on top of you and they snap the photo, they had a strobe light and what looked like a picture of the dinosaur to the upper left side of the car. It was a bad effect and the photo at the end was really funny cause my whole family was looking right while everyone else looked left at the "B" mode version. Anyone else experience this?

BluewaterBrad
05-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Yup!! I sure did notice. I thought it took away from the ride. Hope it does not stay this way! This was on Fri. May 21.

Strmchsr
05-25-2010, 02:13 PM
The Carnitorous is currently undergoing a refurb. You weren't imagining it, but it's only temporary.

Imagineer1981
05-25-2010, 03:31 PM
good to know, but yes it did take away from the ride, big time

Strmchsr
05-25-2010, 03:36 PM
good to know, but yes it did take away from the ride, big time

Oh, yeah, it was a huge let down. we saw it the beginning of this month and was really disappointed to not have the Carnitaur chasing us. Hopefully it'll be back to it's nasty self soon, better than ever.

Pigtunia
05-25-2010, 04:00 PM
"DEFINITELY not our dino"

;)

DizneyRox
05-25-2010, 04:15 PM
A somewhat famous gent named Martin recently released a Dinosaur video covering the original CTX and the conversion to Dinosaur. It's actually pretty sad how many of the original effects are no longer working, have been abandoned or changed to tone it down. Glad I got to ride it during the first few years, it's still fun, but not as good as it used to be (and now there's proof!)

thejens
05-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Unlike Yeti, this is one ride that really has no point without the special effects. I can't believe they would leave it unrepaired or tone it down. I hope this isn't a trend for Disney. I try to be understanding about the stupid fillers like Narnia, but if the signature attractions are neglected it will drive us to Harry Potter World!

Tink#64
05-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Ah! We'll be there a week from Saturday & Dinosaur is one of my fav's! Does anyone have any idea when it will be back to up to snuff? :confused:

Strmchsr
05-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Ah! We'll be there a week from Saturday & Dinosaur is one of my fav's! Does anyone have any idea when it will be back to up to snuff? :confused:

Nope. Since they haven't even announced that's down they also haven't announced when it'll be back up. There's actually 2 Carnos down right now - the one that chases you and the one that comes out when you get your picture taken. Both have really cheap, cheesy stand-ins at the moment. As for when the "real" ones will be back - no idea.

SurferStitch
05-26-2010, 10:41 AM
We had the chasing Carno when we were there on 5/5, but the final Carno was in "B mode". DH and I looked funny in our pic because we kind of had a bewildered look on our faces. I thought maybe they changed the ride, but glad to see it's just temporary.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Pterodactyl overhead actually move when the ride was new? Now it's just a sound effect and lighting, right?

DizneyRox
05-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Pterodactyl overhead actually move when the ride was new? Now it's just a sound effect and lighting, right?
You are not wrong... One of the many effects that have been allowed to... deteriorate...

#1donaldfan
05-26-2010, 12:29 PM
.....this is not Disney's way...I wonder what's "really" going on ???? hopefully, it will be up n runin' n 3 weeks.....:mad:

limegreenmonorail
05-26-2010, 09:06 PM
"definitely not our dino"

;)

lol! :d

Tink#64
05-27-2010, 12:07 AM
Nope. Since they haven't even announced that's down they also haven't announced when it'll be back up. There's actually 2 Carnos down right now - the one that chases you and the one that comes out when you get your picture taken. Both have really cheap, cheesy stand-ins at the moment. As for when the "real" ones will be back - no idea.

Ah Chris! Not the answer I was looking for!:nono: What a bummer, I REALLY LOVE this ride!

But, thanks for the info, at least I can get used to the idea of a less than WOW experience on Dino, but at least it's not closed & we'll get to check it out! :goodbad:

Gusgus
05-27-2010, 12:26 PM
"DEFINITELY not our dino"

Indeed a cleaver and funny quip!

Gusgus

Pirate Granny
05-27-2010, 01:05 PM
We were at Disney for the soft opening way back when...that ride was wild and crazy...when we got off, we actually had bruises on our hips/thighs from the seat belts...remember...it had the really scarey dino in the courtyard of the ride. Needless to say, it went down for a few days, and the next time we rode at the end of the week, it truly was more tame...I have noticed over the years, that it has seemed to get gentler and gentler...
:pirate: