PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland Transit Authority Question...

wdwluv
05-25-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't know if I actually EVER rode it, but my brother did while my Grandpa and I were waiting in line for Space Mountain (1983). I SWEAR it went right through the Space Mountain building so that I actually SAW him ride through while we were waiting in line. Am I imagining things? Or is that how it used to be? We rode it last week - and there were really long stretches of pitch dark (IMO) and no recording going on, just silence. It was actually a bit scary for my kids. Wuttup with that?!

CU Tiger
05-25-2010, 12:43 PM
TTA does go through SM, but you cannot see anybody in line or see anyone on the ride itself. You may get a peek at it going by fast, but you will not see anyone. Before the referm of SM, I think you could see people.:mickey:

Gusgus
05-25-2010, 12:51 PM
If I remember correctly... the only part you can really see is the ascent to launch. There are two different tracks and they both pull the cars ahem.. rockets up the ramp for the first BIG drop. The transit authority goes between the tracks near the bottom. You only have a few seconds to see and when you do it's the back of heads..

Gusgus

Imagineer1981
05-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Before the refurb you could look into the queue line and also see the rockets going on the track above. Now that its all closed off you only get to see the small section of the mainlift

GreenB
05-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Before the refurb my Son and I were spotted by my Wife right before we boarded our car while she was riding the TTA.
So you weren't imagining things.
It did happen to us too!!

Regards.

DisneyLuver91
05-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Please tell me the upside down astronauts are still there... :confused:

WiltonJohn
05-25-2010, 10:29 PM
When it was the Wedway People Mover you could see stuff inside Space Mountain. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

...........john

Fastpasssteve
05-25-2010, 11:39 PM
You're right; it is much darker now. I think they wanted to up the 'cool quotient' from what it was. It was a little boring and uncool before...to some people.

Ian
05-26-2010, 08:16 AM
You're correct ... before the recent refurb, you used to be look down into the queue area and see the people waiting in line. But, with the refurb, they've enclosed the queue area now so you can no longer look down into it.

You can, however, still catch a glimpse of the cars as they're going up the lift hill.

minnie-mouse
05-26-2010, 09:23 AM
I remember that you do go through Sm, but it is not really dark for very long. You are in and out pretty quick.

kemps@wdw
05-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Nope! You're not imagining it!

E-OR
05-27-2010, 12:11 PM
We went on the ride the year SM was down and we got to see what it looked like with all the light on. Was really cool

wdwluv
05-27-2010, 05:03 PM
That would have been SUPER cool to see! Lucky you!

And glad to hear I am NOT crazy.

well - I am - but not about this anyway.

eeyorepoohfan
05-27-2010, 05:21 PM
We went on the ride the year SM was down and we got to see what it looked like with all the light on. Was really cool

On our last ride on Space Mountain in December, it broke down while we were on it! The car going up the first hill, stopped at the top but we kept going. The lights turned on immediately and we rode all of Space Mountain with the lights on! :thumbsup:It was really cool to see and experience. But I felt bad for people in our car, I overheard them say it was their first time on it. Sadly, the ride doesn't seem near as fast with the lights on :( But it was still great to see! :mickey: :coaster:

:mickey:I too remember back when you would see more of Space Mountain while on TTA. I hadn't been there in years and wondered if it seemed like I could see more since I was younger. But I still love riding the TTA! Fun place to rest! :cloud9:

i'm grumpy
05-27-2010, 08:07 PM
I saw the Choc chip cookie the first time. Second time I think I nodded off. :D

Victor Kelly
05-27-2010, 09:48 PM
I have been inside SM plenty of times with the lights on, lots of pics and video of it. The people mover is a favorite of my family to juts sit and relax on.