PDA

View Full Version : 14 Day Park Tickets???

KAT1811
05-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Am I right in assuming that my mother will have to purchase an Annual Pass if she wants to have 14 days of park visits? I am a little surpirsed that Disney does not offer a 14 day ticket. I can see not offering anything above that amount but 2 weeks seems a reasonable time frame to accomodate. I'm not missing anything am I? No other option I am overlooking am I?

doombuggygal
05-25-2010, 10:58 AM
10 days is the maximum number of days on a ticket available to U.S. residents. With the "and more" option you can get 10 days of main park admissions as well as 10 days of "and mores" (waterparks, golf, disney quest). Tickets are available to overseas guests for up to 14 days but not to U.S. residents:down:.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-25-2010, 11:02 AM
I have no idea why they don't offer 14-day tickets.

I guess they figure once you're staying that long, an annual pass is about the same price, at least with the funky pricing structure, and then you might come back again to use the pass before it expires.

retiredfigment
05-25-2010, 11:46 AM
We are going to Disney in October 10 and again in May 11, each time for 5 days. We priced getting a 10 day hopper versus an annual pass and the annual pass was cheaper. I imagine it would save even more if you needed 14 days.

magicalmom
05-25-2010, 10:24 PM
The break even point for APs used to be 12 days - is that still true? In which case, isn't it more cost effective to get the annual pass (w/ its attendant benefits) than to buy a 14 day ticket? By the time you buy a ten-day ticket, aren't you awfully close to the cost of an AP?

Laughin' place
05-26-2010, 01:26 PM
I really miss the "length of stay" ticketing, when you were able to visit the parks from check in until a certain time on the day of check out. This gave us some much more flexibility, did away with some of the stress and "budgeting" of admissions, and, most of all, contributed to the "immersion". Really felt "there" and surrounded by the magic when we felt welcome at the parks for our entire stay

joonyer
05-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I really miss the "length of stay" ticketing, when you were able to visit the parks from check in until a certain time on the day of check out. This gave us some much more flexibility, did away with some of the stress and "budgeting" of admissions, and, most of all, contributed to the "immersion". Really felt "there" and surrounded by the magic when we felt welcome at the parks for our entire stay

It's really no different now, you just pay for it up front using different terminology. Instead of the words "length of stay", they use "Magic your way". You can still visit the parks every day of your stay from the morning of check-in until park closing on check-out day. You just buy a MYW park pass that matches your length of stay, and for anything more than 10 days buy an annual pass. It really just adds more flexibility for those guests who don't visit theme parks every single day of their resort stays.

Fastpasssteve
05-26-2010, 11:45 PM
HAVE to buy an Annual Pass??? It's cheaper by around $100 bucks to buy an Annual Pass as compared to a 10-day + a 4-day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper Option! Save yourself the $100, get all the accommodations benefits, as well as the dining discounts, and call it a day!

KAT1811
05-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Annual Passes for them it is!!! :mickey:

KAT1811
05-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Now the whole family has annual passes!! :cloud9:

Pirate Granny
05-27-2010, 01:16 PM
ENJOY THEM...you will find that you think of ways to sneak back down to get a couple of more trips in...my highest number of days in parks with my annual pass was 31 days...and being in Michigan and never going longer than 6 days at a time...that was a great year...cheap airfare of $50 round trip...pushed me to these extra days...I still smile thinking about that year.
:pirate:

Scar
05-27-2010, 02:08 PM
By the time you buy a ten-day ticket, aren't you awfully close to the cost of an AP?Not really. AP is $520 and 10-day w/ hopper is $310.

I think Disney might be missing something here. I'll bet some people do come down for a 2 week vacation and just get the 10-day and say "I'll just spend the other days at Universal or Sea World or wherever."

But they've tweeked their pricing structure so many times I guess they have if figured out.

Fastpasssteve
05-27-2010, 02:26 PM
She wasn't going for 10 days, she was going for 14 days.

Recalculate: the price of a 10 day ticket + a 4 day ticket. Then get back to me.

Scar
05-27-2010, 02:31 PM
She wasn't going for 10 days, she was going for 14 days.

Recalculate: the price of a 10 day ticket + a 4 day ticket. Then get back to me.I wasn't responding to the OP. Read what I quoted.

CleveRocks
05-27-2010, 07:01 PM

I agree with joonyer's response. There is NOTHING in the new system that makes me feel less welcome or less immersed than I did before ... NOTHING.

If I am arriving on a Saturday morning and I'm leaving on a Saturday evening, I'll buy an 8-day park hopper pass (and if I like the water parks, I'll add the Water Park Fun & More option). I can go to any of the theme parks any time in any combination during my length of stay (and if I buy the WPF&M I can go to 8 water parks etc.).

I just don't get where this adds any stress. I just don't understand where anything has to be "budgeted" in this scenario.

Like I said, I've done it both ways, and this way is no different, and I think you'll discover that once you realize that you can buy the ticket you want, immerse yourself, and be as welcome as can be!:mickey:

caryrae
05-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Do you get any extra perks with an annual pass then with regular park passes besides going as much as you want in a year?

LVT
06-06-2010, 10:17 AM
I may have calculated wrong on this myself. We get the hopper and plus options. For 16 days I did buy 10 and 6 day tickets. The AP that allows the waterparks and Disney Quest is way more expensive than the regular AP. Am I missing something. I did not think AP included waterparks at all. We only go once every few years and will never use the AP for multiple trips.
My next options would have been the no- expiration version of 10 day hopper plus. I think I would lose the tickets in the meantime though.

LVT
06-06-2010, 10:19 AM
I may have calculated wrong on this myself. We get the hopper and plus options. For 16 days I did buy 10 hopper plus and 6 day hopper tickets. The AP that allows the waterparks and Disney Quest is way more expensive than the regular AP. Am I missing something. I did not think AP included waterparks at all. We only go once every few years and will never use the AP for multiple trips.

PopPhan
06-06-2010, 10:53 AM
I may have calculated wrong on this myself. We get the hopper and plus options. For 16 days I did buy 10 hopper plus and 6 day hopper tickets. The AP that allows the waterparks and Disney Quest is way more expensive than the regular AP. Am I missing something. I did not think AP included waterparks at all. We only go once every few years and will never use the AP for multiple trips.

(Prices below do not include taxes)
10 day MYW + PH + WPF = $347 ($52 per ticket for PH; $52 per ticket for WPF)
6 day MYW + PH + WPF = $335 ($52 per ticket for PH; $52 per ticket for WPF)
Total for 16 days = $682

Premium Annual Pass = $619
Regular AP = $489
(Difference to AP for adding PH & WPF = $130)

Save approximately $63 by purchasing the PAP!!

Even if you did not get the WPF on the 6 day ticket, you would still be saving around $11 with the PAP!

VWL Mom
06-06-2010, 10:58 AM

Looks like 10 day hopper plus is 347 and 6 day hopper is 283 for a total of 630 pre tax. Premium AP which included water parks would be 619 pretax so you would have saved 11 with the AP.

DizneyRox
06-06-2010, 11:03 AM
I think it would have been cheaper to get the PAP @ $659

10 Day Hopper with Water Parks = $362
6 Day Hopper with Water Parks = $350

Total in MYW tickets would be $712

If you don't get hoppers or need the 16 days of WP, you can sae a little money and it might work out to go with MYW tickets, but I still like the AP as when it's close, I err on the side of multiple trips or possible discounts with the AP. I'd rather risk a couple bucks than 100% for sure lose out on a room discount, etc.

Generally, once you need to get a ticket on top of the 10 day MYW ticket, the scales really start to tilt towards the AP (or PAP)

Loads of others have already piped in, I spent too much time figuring it out to not post, so I'll report. WITH TAX! hehe