PDA

View Full Version : ticket question

bdm@pga
05-25-2010, 10:43 AM
If I have a 6 day basic ticket, can I enter 2 parks on one day if I am willing to use 2 days?

Nascfan
05-25-2010, 10:44 AM
No. You have to purchase the Hopper option in order to enter two different parks on the same day.

bdm@pga
05-25-2010, 10:48 AM

tcswife
05-25-2010, 10:51 AM
I would investigate further, I don't see why it would matter!!:mickey:

05-25-2010, 11:08 AM
I would investigate further, I don't see why it would matter!!:mickey:

Nascfan is correct, one park/one day. No further investigation is necessary.

The system does not allow for the scenario that the OP mentioned.

CleveRocks
05-26-2010, 02:11 PM
I would investigate further, I don't see why it would matter!!:mickey:No need to investigate. Disney's base ticket is a "one day - one park" ticket ... it means you can only go to one park per day. If you want to go to more than one park in one day, then you need to add the Park Hopper option for $52 + tax ... it's a flat fee no matter how many days you have tickets for.

It makes no difference if all of this doesn't make common sense ... it is Disney's rule, and they are very very strict about it; a lot of Disney's policies don't make common sense, but just like with any business, it doesn't have to make sense, they get to make the rules. On a multi-day ticket, Days 5 through 10 cost only $3 each ... Disney would make a lot less money if they let people enter a second park for only $3 as opposed to the $52 they charge for the park hopper ... THAT'S pretty much why it matters.

If you went to Magic Kingdom in the morning and try to enter Epcot that afternoon, the Epcot turnstile won't unlock for you. The display will say something like "access denied." On the cast members' side, the display will say something like "crossover not permitted" and will tell them information about your ticket and where you've been. The CM will tell you your options, which are: go back to the first park; or go to the ticket window and pay for the park hopper option in order to enter that second park.

disneymom2000
05-28-2010, 10:22 PM
If you really wanted to visit two parks, you could use your regular ticket from your 6-day park pass and then go to the other park and buy a one-day ticket at the window. It doesn't really seem to be worth the money but that is the only way to get around when you don't have park hopper. I would splurge for the park hopper addition for the cost.

DizneyRox
05-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Park hopping costs $52, a one day ticket would cost close to $80. Seems to ne "splurging" on the parks hopping is a better option.

ddcrna
05-29-2010, 06:50 AM
As others have said above - One day, one park. We learned the hard way that Disney is NOT flexible on this rule. When you look at the dollars and cents, it makes sense.

wdwfansince75
05-29-2010, 09:03 AM
The glass is not half empty, as some seem to think...rather, it is half full. Disney provides a benefit of allowing extra days beyond the first four at the incredible discount rate of $3 per day. This would make no economic sense if they had to honor the $3 rate to go between parks. I, for one, dearly love the $3 price of extra days.