PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Bathrooms - Revisited

azcavalier
05-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Just thought it was time to introduce the newbies to the discussion of where the best -and worst- bathrooms in the parks are. It seems that there are some restrooms that are overused and always crowded. Whereas there are some others that seem to be completely hidden that no one uses.

For example, the restrooms next to Peter Pan's Flight are always busy. But just next to them is Columbia Harbor House, which just might be the best (cleanest, least used) restroom in all the parks. It would take you an extra 30 seconds to get to it. Of course, sometimes you don't have 30 seconds.

In Epcot, next to the Into Imagination with Figment ride, if you go around the right side of the building are some restrooms that always seem vacant. They're a little out of the way, obviously, and a lot of people avoid that whole building due to the attractions there, but that makes it nicer. How sad is it when many people think that the bathrooms are the best attraction in the area.

What about DHS? I can't really think of any.

bdm@pga
05-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Not sad at all! noticing things like this distinguishes you from the "regular" park goers and makes for a more enjoyable trip sometimes. I remember one time we went with a friend who was pregnant...we visited the same restroom 4 times before leaving that area...(EPCOT Living Seas) and every time it was packed! like knowing these little secrets...thank you!:thumbsup:

moe513
05-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Great info

clausjo
05-25-2010, 11:43 AM
The bathrooms next to the American pavillion in Epcot are usually clean and not crowded. I guess because they're off to the side of the restaurant on the outside of the building??? I agree with the one near the Imagination pavillion - we always go to that one!

Rosanne
05-25-2010, 11:48 AM
As a person living with Ulcerative Colitis, I feel like I can write a how-to guide for navigating WDW bathrooms!

I :cloud9: LOVE the Figment bathrooms you described... probably my favorite in all four parks.

Also in EPCOT, I like the bathrooms in the Odyssey building as well. Spacious, plenty of stalls and not too many visitors.

I used to love the Space Mountain bathrooms in the old sky ride building, but the last time I was there they had it closed for refurb. Everyone always waited on line by Stitch and I never understood it.

DHS is a little more complicated, but my favorite bathroom there is towards the back of the park by the Back Lot Tour.

Thanks for sharing! These threads really help people in NEED :)

i'm grumpy
05-25-2010, 11:54 AM
LOL. The Harbour House downstairs was closed. Isn't there one near the camera shop just as you enter the DHS?

DizneyRox
05-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Don't forget to check the companion bathrooms. Often people avoid using them so they are more often than not available.

So many times I see a line out the door for the mens and women's room, pull on the companion door and BAM! I'M IN!

Ms. Mode
05-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Our first trip to WDW in 2004 there was not a bathroom anywhere that wasn't spotless...really! But that's not true now.

One of the worst is in MK right past the Plaza Restaurant, very nasty...at least it was in January when we were there. :sick:

i'm grumpy
05-25-2010, 12:20 PM
They seemed to be farily ok last week. I think part of the problem is the messes some guests leave. In the bathrooms, queues (sp?) and on tables! CMs aren't paid enough for that! :mad:

#1donaldfan
05-25-2010, 12:29 PM
.....is there any place on earth we can discuss the bathrooms and it be a good conversation.....I really do like the bathrooms at Disney...like everything there, they put a lot into em, no pun intended......:thedolls:

WVParkfan
05-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Best bathrooms at DIS are by the entrance to Rock n' Roller Coaster. A little out of the way, but always empty.

Lots of good ones at Epcot: The best is at the Odyssey Center, Norway Pavilion (where the old ship was), By the phone booth in the UK Pavilion, and the ones by Figment (Imagination Pavilion).

Animal Kingdom: Behind Chester and Hester's in Dinoland, Behind the Dawa Bar in Harambe (you've got to walk through the smoking section).

At the MK: The bathroom at the exit for Splash Mountain.

azcavalier
05-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Columbia Harbor House's restrooms are upstairs, BTW. You have to go under the bridge to enter the restaurant, and then go upstairs. But worth it, trust me.

The restrooms next to RnR at DHS are pretty good...and much better than the super crowded ones right at the entrance to ToT, about 100 yds away.

IIRC, there is also a little used (well, relatively speaking) restroom on the side of Cinderella Castle, not too far from where Belle's Storytime is. Compare that to the really busy one next to Cosmic Ray's.

Imagineer1981
05-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Over in Tomorrowland by the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station there is a nice clean bathroom. Since that restruant isn't always open the bathrooms are barely used. Great place to stop if you are walking from Mainstreet to Tomorrowland

5MemphisTiggers
05-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I've only used it once or twice, but the restroom near the exit of POTC has been clean and relatively unused.

DisneyLuver91
05-25-2010, 02:33 PM
I love the restroom at the exit to Splash. It smells like the water in the ride, so you feel like you never got off. :cloud9:

And it's always really funny to see all the soaked people trying to dry off. :fresh:

BrerGnat
05-25-2010, 03:40 PM
So many times I see a line out the door for the mens and women's room, pull on the companion door and BAM! I'M IN!

We LOVE these! Our whole family goes in. (just me, DH, and our little guys).

At Disneyland, they actually call them "Family" rest rooms, and they have a toilet and urinal. SO convenient and quick!

I like how AK has a lot of those...

Pigtunia
05-25-2010, 03:59 PM
This is a very useful thread!

I've got to say I agree with:

Magic Kingdom: under the skyway terminus(near Space Mountain)
EPCOT: Oydessy pavillion (it's ALWAYS quiet & clean)
DHS: Adjacent to Rock N Roller Coaster (I think people forget it's there)
Animal Kingdom: Next to Dinosaur Gertie's

sgdisney
05-25-2010, 04:03 PM
At AK there is a nice one just inside of Pizzafari. It also has an entrances from the outside as well.

And speaking of WDW bathrooms, as soon as we leave we always joke about missing the self flushing toilets and having to rough it again!

disneykid@hrt
05-25-2010, 04:55 PM
The one by Peter Pan has to be the WORST on property. Always busy. Always a mess. Last year somebody was smoking in there. (UNBELIEVABLE!! And I looked at the map and one was literally 150 feet away at the Tomorrowland Speedway. :thedolls:)

The one by Odyssey is usually pretty empty. It's also a good way to break out of the mass exodus at the end of Illumnations... off the beaten path.

I really don't like the baby changing stations in the parks though. They're like the ones at airports- a counter top. They seem so uncomfortable to me, maybe its just me?

jmj18
05-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Ms. Mode.....I agree! Our last trip was in April...and I must say....very disappointed with the bathrooms!

kathiep
05-25-2010, 07:17 PM
The bathrooms next to the American pavillion in Epcot are usually clean and not crowded. I guess because they're off to the side of the restaurant on the outside of the building??? I agree with the one near the Imagination pavillion - we always go to that one!

I couldn't agree more! We discovered these by accident one trip and they can't be beat. Never a wait and always very clean.

I've also had good luck in MK using the restrooms on Main Street next to City Hall.

For what it's worth - there is an entire website dedicated to the bathrooms at Disney. Very thorough complete with pictures. It can be found fairly easily using google.

FamilyBand1
05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Tom Sawyer's Island "Powder Rooms"!

finaldynasty
05-25-2010, 10:59 PM
My family and I have used the restrooms by the Prince Caspian exhibit in DHS. We have never had to wait in long lines and they are pretty clean. We also duck into the Toy Story Pizza place by Muppets 3-D as well to use there restrooms. That way we can cool off and play a game or to while everyone takes turns using the restrooms...:mickey:

Mousemates
05-25-2010, 10:59 PM
The one between space mountain and COP usually isn't crowded when we visit.

Fastpasssteve
05-25-2010, 11:37 PM
I love the bathrooms in Innoventions...in the hallway that connects to the Coke tasting building. Always empty.

Figment52
05-26-2010, 12:12 AM
I couldn't agree more! We discovered these by accident one trip and they can't be beat. Never a wait and always very clean.

I've also had good luck in MK using the restrooms on Main Street next to City Hall.

For what it's worth - there is an entire website dedicated to the bathrooms at Disney. Very thorough complete with pictures. It can be found fairly easily using google.

Guess we hit the American Pavillion one on a bad day or something. One day during our last trip the line for these bathrooms was out the door and down the walkway.

The one next to City Hall in MK has always been a good pick :thumbsup: I'd imagine it's somewhat busy first thing in the morning, though, when all of the characters are out and people are first entering.

SoaringEpcot
05-26-2010, 11:08 AM
And speaking of WDW bathrooms, as soon as we leave we always joke about missing the self flushing toilets and having to rough it again!

We had the same problem after our trip this past December. On the way home we stopped to eat, I went in the bathroom. I stuck my hands under the sink and the water did not turn on, I thought the sink must be broken. Then I realized I had to turn the knob.

indytraveler
05-26-2010, 11:16 AM
It seems we use the same bathrooms while on property each time. It all depends on the time of day. Here are our stops:

Adventureland: around corner from POTC
Tomorrowland: between Space mountain and COP and at the Terrace Noodle Station (park closing)

Worst: inside Liberty Tree Tavern and by Peter Pan (most used)

diz_girl
05-26-2010, 03:16 PM
The worst bathroom is really by the Refreshment Port when you are walking from FW into WS. There are two stalls in the ladies room. That's it. Two. Real fun when you're pregnant and don't know this and are waiting in line for 20 minutes. :mad: It actually takes less time to walk over to the Odyssey, use the restroom there, and walk back to the Refreshment Port bathroom than it does to wait in line at the Refreshment Port bathroom. I've learned my lesson.

azcavalier
05-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Funny story about the Odyssey bathrooms.

A couple of years ago we ran into my wife's best friend from Freshman year of college on vacation in Illinois. She lives in California, and we haven't had hardly any communication over the years. We hung out with her and her husband for a while, had dinner, and said goodbye. That was sometime in the spring.

Later that year, in early December, we were at WDW. Specifically, we were in Epcot and stopped at those Odyssey bathrooms. I was outside waiting with the littlest one, when from behind me I hear, "No way."

I turn around, and there she is! Ran into her twice in one year on two separate vacations. You can't tell us there's no magic at Disney!

eeyorepoohfan
05-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Tom Sawyer's Island "Powder Rooms"!

This is a SMALL powder room but soooo clean! I think it's just 2 stalls. I happened upon it in December and it was such a great find!

I seemed to have lucked out on our December trip because nearly every restroom I went into was clean and little to no wait!

Pirate Granny
06-04-2010, 08:05 PM
my FAVORITE is the bathroom right before the bridge going into Dinoland...it has frogs on the floor (in the ceramic tile)...i go EVERYTIME I'm in AK...I want that floor at my house. two sides and lots of stalls...always clean.
:pirate:

LudwigVonDrake
06-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I like the one by Splash Mountain and the one by City Hall. I hate the one in the walkway connecting Adventureland and Frontierland (ALWAYS busy) and the one by Peter Pan is usually packed as well :mickey:

ANG
06-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Remember if you have a LO, don't forget the baby center! If you're taking LO to the potty or changing your baby, they let you use the bathroom there. And they are nice.

Georgesgirl1
06-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Over in Tomorrowland by the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station there is a nice clean bathroom. Since that restruant isn't always open the bathrooms are barely used. Great place to stop if you are walking from Mainstreet to Tomorrowland

I always think of this one when I think of great bathrooms in WDW.

azcavalier
06-07-2010, 12:08 PM
I always think of this one when I think of great bathrooms in WDW.

And how sad is it that we think about, and talk about, the restrooms at Walt Disney World.