PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette: Ali (discussion)

DisneyPrincess21
05-25-2010, 01:57 AM
So what did everyone think of the show tonight?

I don't like that one guy "with the hair", he's looks like he might get on my nerves fairly early on. I don't know his name, but he reminds me of Dean Mcdermont (Tori Spelling's husband)

I don't know why everyone was giving the weather guy such a hard time.

I think Ali will make a great Bachelorette, of course she was my favorite on the Bachelor so I could be a little partial.

Disney4us2
05-25-2010, 02:32 AM
I agree!! I don't like the guy with the hair. Hopefully he will be sent home next week. The one with the glasses (Frank or Fred) reminds me of the girl from last season that was so sure Jake would choose her.

I don't know why all the guys voted for the guy with the broken foot. Hope he turns out to be a nice guy.

I guess we will see next week.

DisneyPrincess21
05-25-2010, 12:41 PM
I agree!! I don't like the guy with the hair. Hopefully he will be sent home next week. The one with the glasses (Frank or Fred) reminds me of the girl from last season that was so sure Jake would choose her.

I don't know why all the guys voted for the guy with the broken foot. Hope he turns out to be a nice guy.

I guess we will see next week.

Yeah I don't get why they were all against the wrestler guy "Rated-R" LOL with a name like that I just can't help but laugh at him. But I don't really see why they all voted for him, he seemed like he came from a nice family and looked like he was close with his mom and grandma.

I am interested in trying to figure out who the guy with the girlfriend is, I will be watching for signs! LOL

Magic Smiles
06-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Did anyone notice that in the group shot before Ali handed out the last rose that the weather guy was already wearing his rose? Poor editing! I am so glad that they guy with the hair was sent home. He certainly appears to have some issues......

ozmom
06-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah I don't get why they were all against the wrestler guy "Rated-R" LOL with a name like that I just can't help but laugh at him. But I don't really see why they all voted for him, he seemed like he came from a nice family and looked like he was close with his mom and grandma.

I am interested in trying to figure out who the guy with the girlfriend is, I will be watching for signs! LOL

This week people magazine has lots of info.

KarenP
06-09-2010, 02:20 PM
I like the guy with the broken foot. I hope he does not end up being the one with a girlfriend!

The weather guy totally creeps me out!!

eam
06-09-2010, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE The weather guy totally creeps me out!![/QUOTE]

Ditto!

DisneyPrincess21
06-09-2010, 11:36 PM
I like the guy with the broken foot. I hope he does not end up being the one with a girlfriend!

His name is Justin aka "Rated R"
I like him too and don't understand why everyone is giving him such a hard time :confused:

Niecyboo
06-10-2010, 01:26 PM
I just read the People Magazine article about Ali. It's quite surprising that they managed to get several spoilers into it. They don't say who wins but explain a lot of the hints we've been getting.

I think she's keeping the Weatherman (poor guy has a name but nobody remembers) because he's like a little brother and has her back.

I like Justin, but do you think if it had been anyone else, they would have gotten stopped by the producers when they tried to walk to Ali's? Aren't there rules about leaving the Bachelor house? I thought it was a sweet idea, but might start a precident. Whose to say next week the creepy guy won't show up while she's sleeping?

KarenP
06-15-2010, 12:06 PM
So glad the weather dude went home! He was very clingy and needy. Now if we can just get rid of the creepy psycho with the tattoo! He scares me.

I still like Justin a lot! I think he and Roberto are my faves.

BellesRose
06-15-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't like Justin but that's because I've read the spoilers. I do like Roberto. How awesome was it that they got to be in The Lion King on broadway?! I noticed that Roberto was the first guy Ali really seemed to like...I think she'll pick him. And if not...we have our next Bachelor! ;)

KarenP
06-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't like Justin but that's because I've read the spoilers.

I have not read any spoilers but I guess I know now who has the girlfriend.

DisneyPrincess21
06-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Now if we can just get rid of the creepy psycho with the tattoo! He scares me.

Kasey aka Creepy guy, he remids me of Michelle from Jake's season. He seems a bit unstable and becoming more so as the season is going on, much like Michelle did.

I know if I was Ali, I would be majorly creeped out and afraid if some guy went and got that tattoo that soon after we met.

And why is it Kasey was found out to have lied, creating a story of how he burned himself on the stove, spent the whole day in the hospital, and has a terrible burn, but the guys didn't jump all over him for it? Now if it was Justin, they would have all flipped out on him.

Niecyboo
06-15-2010, 04:43 PM
What about Chris N? I have never seen him talk to Ali, he has never had one on one time. They don't even show his interviews, yet every week there he is. Maybe I'm forgetting some big scene between them to make him stay, but to me he seems like he's just an extra, filling a spot. He's always listening to the other guys, but never talking.

BrerGnat
06-15-2010, 05:37 PM
What about Chris N? I have never seen him talk to Ali, he has never had one on one time. They don't even show his interviews, yet every week there he is. Maybe I'm forgetting some big scene between them to make him stay, but to me he seems like he's just an extra, filling a spot. He's always listening to the other guys, but never talking.

I was wondering the same thing!!! He's like "that one guy", in the corner. I didn't even know his name!!! I think he is the guy she is keeping around because towards the end, he's easily expendible.

BellesRose
06-16-2010, 05:51 PM
I have not read any spoilers but I guess I know now who has the girlfriend.
There was something in the news about him when he was walking to Ali's place on crutches. If you watch the video, he switches his legs back and forth. Faking it? I don't know, but to me he just seems insincere in general.

KarenP
06-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Woooohooo! I am so glad Ali gave Kasey the boot. If I had to listen to him say "I'm here to guard and protect your heart" one more time I think I would have screamed!

Disney4us2
06-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Woooohooo! I am so glad Ali gave Kasey the boot. If I had to listen to him say "I'm here to guard and protect your heart" one more time I think I would have screamed!

I totally agree. He needed to go. Kind of mean to just leave him on the glacier though.

BrerGnat
06-22-2010, 10:21 PM
I totally agree. He needed to go. Kind of mean to just leave him on the glacier though.

It's not like he was alone. There was another helicopter waiting for him...

But, really, now WHO is going to "guard and protect Ali's heart", huh? I mean, obviously EVERYONE else is there for the wrong reasons...

:D

BellesRose
06-22-2010, 11:03 PM
LOL!!! I'm here to guard-and-protect-her-heart, guardandprotectherheart!

Niecyboo
06-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Well, Chris N. finally spoke, and I guess I understand why he hadn't up until then. LOL. Poor guy just seemed painfully shy. I'm guessing that he must have had some sort of interactio with Alie, it just wasn't worth screen time.

I think the producers couldn't "warn" Allie about Casey, but they set him up to go home. She has an obvious attraction to Justin, and putting the two of them against each other was there way to get rid of him. I was so happy to see him go.

I did feel like I saw a different side of Justin a couple of times though. When he was talking about the date (both before and after) he sounded a little calculating and cockey. Maybe that is what the other guys see that we haven't.

KarenP
06-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Well, Chris N. finally spoke, and I guess I understand why he hadn't up until then. LOL. Poor guy just seemed painfully shy.

I was thinking about you when he finally spoke, Denise!

But I know, it was painful to watch. I felt bad for him. He seemed like a sweet guy. He just did not have a way with words and was very insecure

BellesRose
06-24-2010, 01:13 PM
I may be wrong, but I seem to remember Jillian left Ed on the side of train tracks. Anyone remember this? I thought it was weird that they just stopped the train and threw him off. Not that he was really alone, but maybe that's what they do so you feel bad for the guys?

KarenP
06-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Wow, Justin turned out to be a major jerk! Why do I always like the wrong people on these shows??

Next week looks like Frank backs out maybe? Poor Ali!

I am rooting for Roberto! Uh oh, maybe that is a bad sign! LOL!

BellesRose
06-29-2010, 04:59 PM
I love Roberto...so sweet! And the only good-looking guy on the show, in my opinion.

Niecyboo
06-29-2010, 09:07 PM
I did love how Ali handled it, though. She showed him who was the stronger person and who was the spineless jerk. I had really liked him and kept hoping the spoilers were wrong, until last week when I thought he did start acting like a jerk a little bit. Boy, they really left you no doubt as to whether Justin was just "misunderstood" or really a conniving jerk, did they?

I was a little miffed at the end. If you noticed, they were actually showing previews of the next several weeks, and pretty much let you know at least 2 people who were going to make it to the final 4 and one who would make it to the final 3. I think they are in Portugal next week, then hometown dates, then Tahiti, and they showed her w/ specific guys at all three spots. Kind of takes part of the surprise out.

Disney4us2
06-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Justin.... what a jerk!!!!

I have a feeling that Frank is going to break Ali's heart. If he does and she is just not as into the others as she seems to be with Frank. Who knows, she just may not choose anyone. I hope she does find her happiness and hubby.

Magic Smiles
07-07-2010, 09:39 PM
No comments on Jakes appearance on this weeks Bachelorette?

The more I see of him, the less I want to see. Never again would be good.

I personally think that it is time to end the Bachelor/Bachelorette series. Not too many success stories. Gillian and her fiance have now broken up also.

BellesRose
07-13-2010, 12:53 PM
I really like Chris. If he were the next Bachelor, I would actually sign up, which is so unlike me. I really really like him. However, I don't like him and Ali together. I think he can do better. Same with Roberto, although since it's coming down to them, I'd rather see her choose Roberto. I just think Ali is too career-oriented for Chris.

Kirk and Frank were weird from the beginning and I don't understand why they made it that far.

KarenP
07-13-2010, 05:19 PM
I agree with some of the others here in that I don't think Ali has real chemistry with any of the men.

I loved Chris's family to death! But somehow I don't think Ali is going to choose him. I think something is missing for her.

She appears to like Frank the most of all but I do not know what it is she sees in him. Not sure what is going to happen from the previews but if he stays I would not be surprised if she ends up choosing him.

My personal fave is still Roberto. I do agree with Ali. Dang he looked hot in that baseball uniform!

indytraveler
07-20-2010, 08:18 AM
After watching last night, I think this series has Jumped the Shark! I believe that every person who enters this show is wanting fame and recognition. The fiasco that was Jake and Vienna gets played out a few weeks ago in front of TV cameras. Who would really want to subject themselves to this? My opinion is that Ali chooses NOBODY. Is that really a stretch since she couldn't make up her mind last season with Jake? Boy did she get lucky. This show is a train wreck. I guess that's why we watch.

BellesRose
07-20-2010, 12:20 PM
After watching last night, I think this series has Jumped the Shark! I believe that every person who enters this show is wanting fame and recognition. The fiasco that was Jake and Vienna gets played out a few weeks ago in front of TV cameras. Who would really want to subject themselves to this? My opinion is that Ali chooses NOBODY. Is that really a stretch since she couldn't make up her mind last season with Jake? Boy did she get lucky. This show is a train wreck. I guess that's why we watch.
The whole time I was watching, it felt so FAKE. They have to be paid actors. Frank's ex supposedly didn't know he was coming, yet didn't even blink at the cameras? And we could hear her so well, she must have had a mic on. It also felt rehearsed. I don't believe anything on this show is real, but I'll finish out this season and probably watch the next. I will not watch the Bachelor Pad, though. I think they are trying to phase out the original Bachelor and make it more like the BP, which just looks like trash, in my opinion.

DisneyPrincess21
07-20-2010, 03:09 PM
For all of you Reality Steve followers, I heard that the Bachelorette's producer/people have said that there is an alternate surprise ending to the show that Reality Steve didn't know about, and that he didn't make a correct prediction. I hope it is true that Steve got it wrong. I guess we shall see.

Magic Smiles
07-20-2010, 06:31 PM
For all of you Reality Steve followers, I heard that the Bachelorette's producer/people have said that there is an alternate surprise ending to the show that Reality Steve didn't know about, and that he didn't make a correct prediction. I hope it is true that Steve got it wrong. I guess we shall see.

I have no idea who Reality Steve is, but the way this show is going, Jake will show up and Ali will pick him. :ack::oops::rotfl::haha::crazy:
I couldn't resist!

Niecyboo
07-21-2010, 12:12 AM
I had never heard of Reality Steve, but just looked him up, along with the rumors that ABC is playing with him. It also turns out my husband has been reading his website for weeks! (After looking it up, I thought I'd ask and he admitted to it). He keeps telling me he knows what is going to happen, and now I know how. Funniest part is he has never watched any "Bachelors" until this season, and he only was watching so that we could spend those hours together. Now he's looking spoilers up online.

BrerGnat
07-21-2010, 11:47 AM
The whole time I was watching, it felt so FAKE. They have to be paid actors. Frank's ex supposedly didn't know he was coming, yet didn't even blink at the cameras? And we could hear her so well, she must have had a mic on. It also felt rehearsed. I don't believe anything on this show is real, but I'll finish out this season and probably watch the next. I will not watch the Bachelor Pad, though. I think they are trying to phase out the original Bachelor and make it more like the BP, which just looks like trash, in my opinion.

I don't think they are actors, but the show is DEFINITELY both scripted and staged. OF COURSE the girlfriend knew he was coming. There are all sorts of contracts, and legal things that have to be taken care of before ABC can just show up and film someone's apartment (and, for the record, I'll be shocked if that was ACTUALLY her apartment...). The stuff that Ali and the guys say in their monologues is SO repetitive and similar. They use the same phrases over and over and over again, and no one really talks like that. Even the dates are all staged, controlled, etc. (cue the director saying "okay, go hold hands and frolic in the surf"..."now hug each other and kiss in the ocean."). I mean, if it was truly a REALITY show, it would be SO boring. They have to tell these people how to behave, what to say, etc. so that it will make for interesting t.v.

I think Frank, along with Justin, was there to try to make a name for himself in Hollywood. I mean, seriously, a 30 something year old guy living at home working a retail job while he tried to "make it" as a screenplay writer? Come on. Who would want to marry THAT??? Especially a supposedly "career driven" woman? Okay...

Disney4us2
08-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Kudos to Ali for not putting Chris through the last date and building up his hopes. I hope that Ali and Roberto make it.

Maybe Chris will be the next bachelor.

BellesRose
08-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Honestly, Chris seems too real to be the next Bachelor. He seems like he doesn't need to publicly display all of his dating drama, so I hope he isn't the next Bachelor. But if he is, I may just sign up :secret:

I will say, Ali and Roberto do seem real. Most of the couples on this show seem forced and over the top, and they never make it. I do hope that Ali and Roberto last.

KarenP
08-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Ali and Roberto looked so cute together! They seemed real happy but then their relationship is really just starting out. Who knows if they will last or not. I hope they do!

Now I am looking forward to watching Bachelor Pad. Anyone else going to give it a shot?

Magic Smiles
08-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Now I am looking forward to watching Bachelor Pad. Anyone else going to give it a shot?

Unfortunatley I will be watching Bachelor Pad. What is wrong with me?

I do hope that Ali and Roberto make it, even though I was hoping that she would pick Chris. Chris would have been so thrilled:mickey: As for Chris being the next Bachelor, I think that he is too shy and private a person to have to pick from 25 woman throwing themselves at him.

BellesRose
08-03-2010, 09:20 PM
As for Chris being the next Bachelor, I think that he is too shy and private a person to have to pick from 25 woman throwing themselves at him.
Exactly! Plus, I think Chris needs to find a girl in Cape Cod. He seems like a family guy, and Ali is more career-oriented and would have moved him away. And while they really could have ended up a good couple with time, Ali seemed a little more comfortable around Roberto. All in all, I was pleased with the ending. Plus, Roberto and Ali are closer in age. I think Chris will want kids soon and Ali doesn't seem like she's there yet.

BrerGnat
08-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Chris isn't looking for a wife; he's looking for a replacement for his mother. He seems to be still grieving her loss, and I think going on a show like this was the wrong thing at the wrong time for him. This poor guy is obviously still reeling from the loss of his mother, and NO relationship in the near future is going to work until he resolves these issues. I mean, I can certainly understand his feelings and motives, but it seems like he mentioned TOO MANY times that he was looking for what his brothers had (mentioned being jealous of them), looking for what his father had, etc. He needs to figure out what HE wants and needs, and I agree that he is, at heart, a "small town" type of guy, who will probably only be happy with a similar type of woman (ideally, one from eastern Mass. who has no desire to leave there).

I'm happy for Ali and Roberto. I think they are going to last. Reminded me of Trista and Ryan.

Hasn't ABC figured out that the BachelorETTE is more successful than the BachelOR? They should keep it that way...