PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "Official" word on Top of the World Lounge

wedoada
05-24-2010, 05:09 PM
We are planning a trip (the 4 of us and 4 friends who took us to WDW our first time) in late October.

We just joined DVC in January (BLT) - We'll all be staying in a lock off double at BLT under my name.

I called member services this morning with a few questions and in passing asked about what our friends "status" would be on the trip.

The CM said that since they were staying IN OUR ROOM...and we would BE PRESENT on the trip...that all 8 KTK cards would read "DVC Member" and that they would have access to the Top of the world lounge as well as other "Member" perks. He went on to say that if they were staying in a different room (or reservation) OR if they were staying on our points but we were not going to be present...the cards would not have the "member" notation and they would NOT be eligible for the perks.

Probably everyone knew this but it was a new interpretation for us. Just thought I'd share.

151 Days and Counting !

RGW

BluewaterBrad
06-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Have fun!:mickey:

Ropachs
06-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Anyone know if members staying at other resorts can go to the top of the world?

faline
06-03-2010, 06:35 PM
My understanding is you need to be an owner and must be staying at Bay Lake Tower.

slegrant
06-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Have a great time:mickey:

DisneyDudet
06-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Anyone know if members staying at other resorts can go to the top of the world?

Only DVC members staying at BLT using points have access to the TotWL. You do not need to own at BLT, but must be staying at the resort on points.

Example: You own at OKW but are using your points at BLT, you have access. If you were staying at BLT on a cash reservation, you would not have access.

DVC Mike
06-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Only DVC members staying at BLT using points have access to the TotWL. You do not need to own at BLT, but must be staying at the resort on points.

Actually, you must be staying at BLT via a reservation made through DVC Member Services. It doesn't matter if you booked the reservation using your points or cash.