PDA

View Full Version : how many people for grand gathering?

momof3+twins
05-24-2010, 08:54 AM
I think that it is called grand gathering. But, it is the large group thing that Disney has. Didn't see anything on website. Do they do anything special. When my mom called to have our rooms near each other, they told her that we will be next to each other cause we are a grand gathering. I have no idea what this is about. Never paid any attention to it.

ShanPooh
05-24-2010, 09:25 AM
I believe it is 8 or more people. Have fun planning!

Strmchsr
05-24-2010, 09:39 AM
It's called "Magical Gatherings" which is a party of 8 or more people. You work with a specific section to set this up, not just the normal booking line (or, better yet, work with Magical Journeys). You can click here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/planning-guides/in-depth-advice/large-party-planning/) for the WDW site on larger parties, though it isn't very helpful. The Magical Gatherings package doesn't do much other than help keep your large party together. It also makes you eligible to do "grand gatherings" which are special experiences for large parties. Those are a Wishes cruise, a safari "celebration" dinner at Tusker House, a dinner and special viewing of Illuminations and a special character breakfast at MK. All of those extra events cost extra, but they are available to you as a large group.

peemagg
05-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Does it have to be 8 or more adults or does children count in the total?

In 2012, we will be a group of 6 adults and 3 kids. Will we qualify for this or not? I thought that I read somewhere that it was at least 8 adults.

Strmchsr
05-24-2010, 01:17 PM
It's 8 paying guests, meaning for a child to count they must be above 3.

diz_girl
05-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Just to clarify a little more, for a child to count as a paying guest, they must be at least three years of age. Above 3 makes me thing that they need to be older than 3. Sorry to be nitpicky.

We actually had ten people in our party during our last trip, with seven adults and three children, ages 5, 2 3/4 and 17 months. We actually had enough for a Grand Gathering, but never took advantages of any of the offers, as they were a wee bit expensive, although the Safari Celebration ride sounds nice.

yjgirl32
05-24-2010, 06:03 PM
We were able to do the grand gathering safari ride. It was fun. We got special pins, the safari ride was ok- but I thought they would give more detail and drive a little slower so we could get better pictures- but our driver didn't then got to eat at the Tusker house which was a lot of fun. We also got to see a couple of animals up close. To qualify it just needs to be 8 paying people wether kids ages 3 & above or adults. Good luck with your decision.

Pirate Granny
05-24-2010, 07:57 PM
CAREFUL...they try, but will not guarantee rooms close together...we were registered the last time November 08 and we were four rooms and they weren't even going to put us in the same building let alone the same floor (FQ)...I complained and finally got all of us on the same floor, only to find out that they gave two rooms away to other people before our family could check in...we had to call at 6am to the room advisor and first they told us...all filled up...I asked to speak to her Manager, and low and behold they found four rooms in close proximity to eachother...on the same floor (main level) within 12 rooms of each other...SO...this time, I've fooled them...I booked a Grand Villa and so we will all be together in the same place...smile...very expensive, but well worth the experience, I Hope.
:pirate: