PDA

View Full Version : Rate Kona

readytogo2
05-23-2010, 06:54 PM
just made ressies for Kona in sept and was looking for reviews from people who have been there recently

faline
05-23-2010, 07:58 PM
What meal will you be eating there? We had lunch there last week and it was very good! Kona has long been a favorite of mine!

merrymouse
05-23-2010, 08:04 PM
I ate there many years ago and remember it being the best breakfast I had anywhere in the parks. Decent coffee too. But back then we did many buffet breakfasts because the kids were into the characters etc. Are you eating Breakfast, lunch or dinner?

AnnaMom
05-23-2010, 08:42 PM
The Tonga Toast is a must eat! We ate breakfast there last year and will be there again in 27 more days!!!

readytogo2
05-23-2010, 08:46 PM
What meal will you be eating there? We had lunch there last week and it was very good! Kona has long been a favorite of mine!

Yeah that would help knowing what meal . we are looking at dinner

caryrae
05-23-2010, 08:49 PM
We ate there our last trip and I had the Tonga Toast and the 100% Kona pressed pot and it was very good. The only thing we didn't like was how close we were to people around us. It was like we were all at one table with the people on either side of us. I know they have to squeeze as many in as possible to make money but a little more space would be nice.

faline
05-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah that would help knowing what meal . we are looking at dinner

Our last dinner at this location was a couple of years back but was very good!

Fastpasssteve
05-23-2010, 09:05 PM
On our last trip to WDW this last March, we had dinner for the first time at the Kona Cafe. We had been several times for breakfast in the past, but this was our first evening meal there.

First of all, I dare you to save room for the desserts...they are fabulous. The bread they brought was fresh and enhanced by the macademia nut butter. We started with the Crab Cakes and Pot Stickers which were both delicious. My friends had the Miso-glazed Mahi Mahi and the Shrimp and Scallops, while I had the Ginger-crusted Rib Eye, all of which was delicious. My steak was perfectly prepared.

I am glad to say that they serve Lapu Lapu's there, which is a rum and fruit juice drink served in a fresh Pineapple...just like at the bar over at 'Ohana.

Enjoy.

buzznwoodysmom
05-23-2010, 10:38 PM
We had dinner at Kona in Nov. and it was one of the best meals of the trip. Everything from the bread and butter, down to the desserts were amazing. As a matter of fact, I'd say it was one of the best meals we've had in WDW in all our trips.

PopeCharming
05-23-2010, 10:54 PM
10/10-- my favorite place for either breakfast or dinner in WDW. The mahi mahi and the coconut chicken were both fantastic. I highly recommend going.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-24-2010, 09:44 AM
We ate there for breakfast Dec. 2008 and it was the best breakfast we've had on Disney property and easily one of the top 3 meals we've ever had in DW

Joannelet
05-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Ate dinner there in December and it was one of the best meals of our trip!!! The food was DELICIOUS and the desserts were SOOOOOOOOo good!! I have pictures of my dessert :) Loved it there!!! :)

lightyearfan
05-24-2010, 10:30 AM
me and dw were just there this March, for breakfest and dinner, and both meals were excellent. we discovered Kona for breakfest around the same time that Boatwrights stopped serving breakfest( still miss those sweet potato pancakes), so we had to find another staple to goto, because we would always do boatwrights at least twice per trip. well Kona has more than fit the bill, :mickey:, there tonga toast is incrediable, which is what dw always gets, i always lean toward the steak and egss combo, they seem to have the best scrambled eggs, and you won't go wrong if your choosing dinner, can you say sticky wings mmmm. so as you can see we love Kona and yes we will be going back this September adr already made

hope this helps

victor

renecat
05-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Have eaten all three meals here and they were all wonderful. Kona is a must do for us.

tinkergal
05-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Another :thumbsup: for dinner & desserts. Their chocolate-banana creme brulee is the BEST!

luvDaMouse
05-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Just ate breakfast there this am:mickey: fantastic as always! Had dinner there sat night 5/22 dh had coconut chicken I had stir fry noodles and chicken dessert was:cloud9: coconut tart for dh and I had a chocolate banana creme brulea (sp?) one of the best meals we have had on property! :)

MNNHFLTX
05-24-2010, 01:43 PM
One of my favorite restaurants at WDW! I love the teriyaki steak tip salad they serve at lunch, so that is usually the preferred meal-time for me. But dinner has some good choices too. I don't think you can go wrong!

LandFan
05-24-2010, 02:15 PM
We LOVE Kona for dinner! DH LOVES the teriyaki steak! We've eaten there a lot and never had a bad meal.:thumbsup:

Granny Jill A
05-24-2010, 02:50 PM
I always find someone in my party to split the following appetizers for dinner:
Crab Cakes
Pot Stickers
Kona Salad
Kona Coffee - well, we don't split the coffee :D

This is my favorite dinner everytime I come down. I tried ordering a regular dinner, but it's just way too much food. This fills me up and gives me lots of variety.

StitchFan#1
05-24-2010, 04:53 PM
:papple:Kona is a must do! Its really good. I usually have the teryaki beef bowl thingy(Asain noodlebowl?). We have been for lunch and dinner before and loved both! They have Kona Cones, they are just basically giant icecrem with all this candy and cotton candy! Now I really want to go and have dinner there now!!

MinnieMommie
05-24-2010, 09:31 PM
We had breakfast and dinner at Kona in January. Kona is a must do for us. The food is so yummy from appetizers, main course, desert and don't forget the French press Kona coffee. Really everything on the menu is good. :thumbsup: