PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 where to eat?

merrymouse
05-23-2010, 06:47 PM
We will be spending day 2 at MGM (yup, cannot remember the new name oh, yeah DHS, it just came to me) Anywho....we are looking for a TS place close by, maybe boardwalk area, is boardwalk close. We are trying to avoid signature dining. We absolutely hated Mama Melrose's so that is off the list. Is Captains Grille any good? Im open to suggestions and Im very late in making my ressies so looking for help. Would it be closer to go to DTD to eat? Im not sure of the layout. Thanks

SBETigg
05-23-2010, 06:53 PM
There's Captain's Grille, which I haven't tried but have heard good things. Also, Kouzzina is getting raves at the Boardwalk (formerly Spoodles). Beach Club has Cape May Cafe, a seafood buffet, which might be okay if you're into buffets. All of the above are 1 ts credit per person.

cajundisneyfreak
05-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Have you tried 50's Prime Time? It's my favorite TS at DHS. The food and atmosphere is great.What about SciFi ? It's another good one.I hope this helps.Have a magical time!!!! :mickey:

faline
05-23-2010, 07:56 PM
There are no busses from the parks to Downtown Disney so it might be easier to get to Boardwalk. Have you thought about looking at the dining options at the Swan and Dolphin hotels? ESPN could be an option at Boardwalk.

renecat
05-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Cape May is a great place to eat. Also we do love 50's Prime Time Cafe at HS. Hope this helps.

LandFan
05-24-2010, 02:14 PM
I know it is not in the Boardwalk area but we always take the bus to AKL and eat at BOMA when we are at DHS because we don't really like most of the food at DHS...

It's actually not bad to get there because it is a deluxe so the bus stop is fairly close to the front of the park, and getting buses back to parks from AKL is not hard either. It's a nice quiet, cool respite from the park.

JMHO:D

bkfree
05-24-2010, 03:25 PM
On our last trip we ate at 50's Prime for the first time and really loved it. We will definitely return there next visit. Not only was the food really good and plentiful, but we loved the atmosphere. Really Unique.

While many do not particularly rave about the food at Sci Fi, the unique dining experience more than makes up for that for us. I think it is a place everyone should visit at least once.

diz_girl
05-24-2010, 04:01 PM
How about the Big River Grille and Brewing Works at the Boardwalk? It seems that many people overlook this one. They have a pretty extensive menu. I've never eaten there myself, although I plan to do so on my next trip. But I've heard few, if any, bad reviews.