PDA

View Full Version : What is left on a ticket?

PETE FROM NYC
05-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Is there any way to find out if any days are left on a ticket?
I mean without going up to the gate.

DizneyRox
05-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Not really... Unless things have changed. I bleeie this was done to cut out on the transferring of tickets in prior years. Now with the biometric scans, it seems less important, however that would take people, which cuts into the bottom line.

Pirate Granny
05-23-2010, 04:16 PM
I have always had the resort CM check how many days are left...they will only do one or two at a time...one time I had eight, and yes, they were all my tickets...don't ask the check-in CM, ask the ones that make the dining reservations. If you're at BLT you may need to go to the regular Contemporary CM's.
:pirate:

GoBlueLacheta
05-23-2010, 04:18 PM
We always go to Guest Relations at downtown disney and they'll take the time to do as many as you'd like. Just make sure everyone who you are checking is there.

Georgesgirl1
05-23-2010, 06:23 PM
We went to the ticket place at Fort Wilderness campgrounds a few trips ago and they were able to check the number of days for us. So no, you don't have to go to the gate, but you have to be on property.

TheRustyScupper
05-24-2010, 12:12 AM
I have always had the resort CM check how many days are left...they will only do one or two at a time...one time I had eight, and yes, they were all my tickets...don't ask the check-in CM, ask the ones that make the dining reservations.

1) The Concierge Desk at resorts can check it for you.
2) If busy, you are limited to six tickets.
3) If not busy, they usually will do more.

pixiedustct
05-24-2010, 10:13 AM
And just make sure you have your ID! Obviously if you are vacationing down there you'd have it- but we tried to send ours with a family friend who was visiting to check how many days we had and they would not allow her because (obviously) she was not any of us and did not have our id's.

PETE FROM NYC
05-26-2010, 10:45 AM
What I really want to find out is it can be checked outside of WDW, like before I leave home.

DizneyRox
05-26-2010, 11:35 AM
What I really want to find out is it can be checked outside of WDW, like before I leave home.
That's what I figured, which is why I responded no...

Goofy4TheWorld
05-26-2010, 01:31 PM
And just make sure you have your ID! Obviously if you are vacationing down there you'd have it- but we tried to send ours with a family friend who was visiting to check how many days we had and they would not allow her because (obviously) she was not any of us and did not have our id's.

I do not understand this rule, since tickets bought at the Disney Store are never associated with your name, just your finger.

pixiedustct
05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
I do not understand this rule, since tickets bought at the Disney Store are never associated with your name, just your finger.

We had sent our actual hard ticket with the names on them and the number...the ones that you receive at check in. I get that they would not want you to have someone else check it in case they had just found it and were trying to take your days, but I don't understand why disney would not have another way to check the number of days! Oh well! Such is life!

Fastpasssteve
05-26-2010, 11:38 PM
I know with the Magic Your Way Tickets, one must have purchased the "No Expiration" option for it to be good beyond the normal 14-day limit.

Good luck with finding out. It might be a bad surprise...but it might be a GOOD surprise.

Goofy Pluto
05-27-2010, 10:40 AM
They should really find a way for people to be able to do this from home. I have several tickets at home that I don't know what's on them any more. I'd like to be able to use them when we go in August but we need to plan things in advance and decide on things before them. If we knew what was on our tickets we would know what tickets we need to buy or not buy. It's such a pain. Make it easier for us, Disney!

faline
05-27-2010, 10:50 AM
It's such a pain. Make it easier for us, Disney!

They used to do this. However, what makes it easier for people who legitimately need to plan also makes it easier for folks who illegally sell partially used tickets.

05-27-2010, 12:51 PM
However, what makes it easier for people who legitimately need to plan also makes it easier for folks who illegally sell partially used tickets.

You got it! Hit the nail right on the head. The resellers on 192 and I-drive would love to just be able to call in and check.

Goofy Pluto
06-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Let me ask... what difference does it make to DIsney? They sold their ticket, they made their money... why should they care if tickets are resold? Seems selfish and greedy to me. But maybe I'm missing something and don't know enough about the subject.

joonyer
06-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Let me ask... what difference does it make to DIsney? They sold their ticket, they made their money... why should they care if tickets are resold? Seems selfish and greedy to me. But maybe I'm missing something and don't know enough about the subject.

Because scammers could buy 10 day tickets (cost per day is much less than 1, 2 or three day passes), and then sell the remaining days at much less than the cost of a new park pass. (per day). By enforcing the no transfer rule, Disney guests who enjoy staying for longer stays can get the benefit of cheap admissions on their lengthy passes. Otherwise WDW would end up selling only one-day passes and the legitimate multi-day vacation guests would be the ones who get shafted. And yes, It does mean Disney makes more money that way. They would make even more if they only sold one-day passes, unless, everybody shortened their trips. Longer stays = more hotel, food and merchandise sales. That's where the big profit is.

billandlaura
06-02-2010, 06:45 PM
I asked the same question last year and here is the response I got. I don't know if it still works though.

This is a relatively new service from Disney, so not a lot of people know about it.

Call 407-566-4985 and, when prompted, choose option 2. The CM will ask you for each ticket's serial number.

This service is available only during normal business hours on weekdays.

PETE FROM NYC
06-02-2010, 08:15 PM
BillandLaura seem to have the response I was looking for.
What happened was like this:
In past trips we would always buy tickets for the next trip, this was in the good old days before they robbed you with paying extra for hopping or non-expiring. Before last years trip, we had accumulated over 15 days each for the two of us. I know we still have some brand new old media tickets because I can't remember exactly how many we converted last year.
Thanks for all the answers.

06-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Information with serial numbers only is a bit "iffy" if the tickets are more than a year or two old.

Seems to work best and a higher percentage of the time with the newer tickets.

CleveRocks
06-03-2010, 08:49 AM
I asked the same question last year and here is the response I got. I don't know if it still works though.

This is a relatively new service from Disney, so not a lot of people know about it.

Call 407-566-4985 and, when prompted, choose option 2. The CM will ask you for each ticket's serial number.

This service is available only during normal business hours on weekdays.From what I've read on another board, that phone number/service was available only for a short time and then Disney discontinued it. I can't verify, but I've read that others have.