PDA

View Full Version : Night Of Joy Questions

DisneyPrincess21
05-23-2010, 02:55 PM
This will be my first year attending the Night Of Joy, and I was wondering how do the concerts work? Meaning, while watching the concerts in front of Cinderella's Castle, does everyone stand, or do they sit down?

Are we allowed to bring fold-able camping chairs to sit in?

Is there an area in front of Cinderella's Castle where people who can't stand to watch the concerts, can sit and still be able to see the concert?

From how I am understanding it, all the "Main" groups perform on Cinderella's Castle stage, while the "smaller" groups play the other stages, is this correct?

Where are the different stages located at?

While watching the groups perform at Cinderella's Castle, can you get a nice shot of the group and Cinderella's castle? Or does their stage/equipment block the view of getting a good picture with the castle?

Coleby
05-24-2010, 05:01 PM
While I haven't been to NOJ in the MK, I did go when it was in HS. When it was there from what I recall everyone was standing up. I didn't see any chairs. Personally, I wouldn't want to keep track of the chair anyways, as you would want to ride some of the rides, or they may not have all of the artists that you want to see in the same spot. I could be wrong, but I don't think chairs are allowed in....

As far as sitting down, I am sure there are the benches that are there normally. Again, if you sit down, you might not get to see.

I am still waiting on more details for this event this year as I am the leader for my group to go. Hopefully when I get more info I can pass it on. I am sure you might be able to call the NOJ hotline.....I think it's 877-NITE-Joy

Hope this helps!

disneymom2000
05-28-2010, 10:36 PM
I went last year when it was held at Disney Studios. There were several concerts going on at the same time and they would change every hour and a half or so. After each concert, the CM's tried to let out the crowd before the next group of people could get in at the main concert venue (such as where Lights, Motors, Action is held). Some people left but others stayed in their seats and continued to watch the concert again. It got extremely crowded. The open stage concerts (like the one that will be held in front of the castle) people came and went as they pleased and they used the seating that is already in the parks (curbs, benches etc). I was able to walk around and catch several of the groups at different times. I really enjoyed it.

Coleby
06-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Now that they have released group prices....I am really considering going to RTU instead of NOJ....but RTU hasn't posted yet.

DisneyPrincess21
06-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Now that they have released group prices....I am really considering going to RTU instead of NOJ....but RTU hasn't posted yet.

Shame! :nono:
How dare you mention that places name in my presence! ;) :D

We have decided to postpone our September trip to Disney, we don't like the hurricane forecast and decided to stick with our favorite time of year to go to Disney, December. :santa3:

Whatever you and your group decide to do, I hope you guys have an awesome time! :wave:

Coleby
06-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Well it's not really a big choice, whichever is cheaper lol. Keep in mind about Sept and hurricanes.....there aren't many that go to disney. typically Sept is less crowded too....just fyi!

DisneyPrincess21
06-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Well it's not really a big choice, whichever is cheaper lol. Keep in mind about Sept and hurricanes.....there aren't many that go to disney. typically Sept is less crowded too....just fyi!

Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

We were also going to be going on our first cruise to the Bahamas, and 12 out of the 16 approximate hurricanes are suppose to be hitting the Bahamas the worst. And there is just to many "what if's" about that. And since we are driving all the way from Jersey, we dont really want to risk it.

But let me know how the concerts go, whichever you decide to attend.