PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question

wedoada
05-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Okay...We've been a few times but we have always gotten park hoppers. For our trip in October we've done the math and single park tickets make more time and $$ sense.

Just one Question...

If we have a base - 1 park per day - ticket and we are staying on site - can we go back to our resort and then return later to the same park with that ticket or is it 1 visit in 1 park per day ?

Am I making any sense ?

We will have a couple of small children and my wife has had bariatric surgery so sometimes things she eats can disagree with her and she needs to go lie down. We want to make sure if some in our party of 8 need to leave that they can rejoin the rest of us (in the original park) later on the base ticket.

Thanks...probably a very obvious answer but we want to make sure before we buy the tickets.

Randy W

Fangorn
05-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Yes, with a base ticket, you may leave a park and then return to the SAME park later in the day. You will not have a problem.

Steve

tundramom
05-23-2010, 05:11 PM
I think you have to get a hand stamp too.

faline
05-23-2010, 05:22 PM
I think you have to get a hand stamp too.

So far as I know, hand stamps were phased out quite some time ago.

You can return to the same park on the same day as many times as you'd like if you don't have a park hopper.

05-23-2010, 06:34 PM
DisneyLAND does hand stamps. The World does not unless there is a computer outage on the turnstiles.

5MemphisTiggers
05-23-2010, 08:17 PM
My understanding is, with base tickets, you can only visit one park per day, but you can go in and out of that park as much as you want on the day you visit.

At WDW, your ticket will be linked to the park you visit when you enter and "scan" your finger. If you try to enter a different park on that day, it won't let you. But as long as you are going back to the same park you should be fine.

I'm considering this same option for my next trip with DW, as we will probably spend most of our time at Epcot and DTD. No sense in paying for a feature that you won't use. :)

diz_girl
05-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Park Hoppers are a good idea during peak times, when there is a chance that the park will deny entry because it has reached a certain level of capacity. Since you are going in October, I doubt that you need to worry about this happening to you, so you should be fine with the base ticket.

I kind of miss those hand stamps.

wedoada
05-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks everyone ! As usual I knew I could count on you guys for the answer.

We priced it out and are planning 4 days in the parks so we're buying 5 base tickets each plus tickets to MNSSHP so that gives us a day in each park and two alternatives (Party and maybe an EMH night) and it was still a big savings over the hoppers.

We'll try it this time and if it doesn't work then...lesson learned ! LOL

faline
05-24-2010, 05:29 PM
If, after a day or two, you find that you really need the park hopper option, you can still add it.

PopPhan
05-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks everyone ! As usual I knew I could count on you guys for the answer.

We priced it out and are planning 4 days in the parks so we're buying 5 base tickets each plus tickets to MNSSHP so that gives us a day in each park and two alternatives (Party and maybe an EMH night) and it was still a big savings over the hoppers.

We'll try it this time and if it doesn't work then...lesson learned ! LOL

If you are planning 4 days in parks, then why buy 5 day tickets? You cannot use two days on a ticket to enter two parks on the same day. I can see, and understand, the MNSSHP ticket gaining you access to MK on one evening (after 4pm) - but not the extra day on the base tickets.

But, maybe I am missing something.

Fastpasssteve
05-24-2010, 11:29 PM
If you are staying at a Disney Resort, you can not be turned away from a park, even if you had visited earlier, left, then returned at a later hour to that same park.

Those staying 'off-site' might have trouble on maximum capacity days trying to return later, but you won't.

Goofy4TheWorld
05-25-2010, 08:36 AM
If you are staying at a Disney Resort, you can not be turned away from a park, even if you had visited earlier, left, then returned at a later hour to that same park.

Those staying 'off-site' might have trouble on maximum capacity days trying to return later, but you won't.

Not really correct. There are four "phases" of capacity closings, and while on-property guests get turned away much later (and MUCH less often) in the chain of closure phases, NOBODY is guaranteed re-entry. If the park reaches phase 4 (the worst level) everybody but Mickey and Minnie get turned away, even if you left and wanted to re-enter, even if you have a PH, even if Walt used to be your neighbor.

I think Phase 4 closures are, in reality, usually limited to only MK and Epcot and usually just around some long weekends and July 4th & Christmas, but are possible at any time.

wedoada
05-25-2010, 07:31 PM
We planned on buying the 5th basic ticket per person so we could go to say....Animal Kingdom during the day...and use the "spare" ticket to go to EMH at epcot later that night.

Wouldn't that work ??? Or am I missing something ? LOL (wouldn't be the first time !)

Randy W

Goofy4TheWorld
05-25-2010, 07:38 PM
We planned on buying the 5th basic ticket per person so we could go to say....Animal Kingdom during the day...and use the "spare" ticket to go to EMH at epcot later that night.

Wouldn't that work ??? Or am I missing something ? LOL (wouldn't be the first time !)

Randy W

Sorry, won't work. The computer will stop you out the turnstiles if you try to enter a second park on the same day UNLESS you have paid for the $55 park hopper option.

There are no other ways to enter two diffrent parks without the park hopper option, regardless of how many days are on a ticket.

05-25-2010, 09:59 PM
When you go into one park on a "one park per day ticket" and then try to come to another park, the screen on the turnstile will say "crossover denied".

Only one park entry is allowed per business day regardless of how many days are on the ticket. Once that ticket is inserted into the turnstile, that one day is for the that business day and that is ALL it will read. It will not read and take off an additional day for another park during that business day.

5 days on the ticket, 5 DIFFERENT business days.

Really very simple. Trust me, I see this every day that I work turnstiles. Always have guests that want us to take off another day so they can go to 2 parks the same day. Doesn't work that way. Always hear, well "they told me at the hotel it would", but they can never tell us who "they" is and won't say which hotel.

wedoada
05-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Ok...I guess that will save us the cost of the extra ticket. THANKS !

So one more related question then....we planned on doing Disney Studios in the morning and then MNSSHP that night....since the party is a hard ticket I assume that we'll be okay....or is this a one park - one day situation too ?

CleveRocks
05-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Ok...I guess that will save us the cost of the extra ticket. THANKS !

So one more related question then....we planned on doing Disney Studios in the morning and then MNSSHP that night....since the party is a hard ticket I assume that we'll be okay....or is this a one park - one day situation too ?The MNSSHP is what's called a "hard ticket" event. Your MNSSHP is a totally separate ticket from your regular theme park ticket.

Think about it this way: It wouldn't make any financial sense, but you could buy two totally separate 1-day theme park tickets (NOT a 2-day ticket), and use one of those 1-day tickets at DHS in the morning and then use the other 1-day ticket at MK later that same day.

The MNSSHP work in that same way. It's separate from your regular Magic Your Way ticket, so there are no rules about entering one park with your MYW ticket and then later entering another park using a totally separate ticket.

So yes, you can use you non-hopper to visit Disney's Hollywood Studios in the morning and then later that same day you can use your separate MNSSHP "hard ticket" to enter the Magic Kingdom as early as 4 p.m.