PDA

View Full Version : Any reports on Star Wars weekend yet?

thejens
05-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Just wondering how Star Wars weekends at the studios is. I think it starts this weekend? We will be there next week. Just wondered if there are any changes from last year. I am worried because my youngest really wants to do the Jedi Training. Is there a fast pass system for this now? Would love any feedback!

Imagineer1981
05-23-2010, 11:43 PM
just got back. It was hetic and pretty crowded. FP for the autographs were gone by 10am and lines for TSM were 120 minutes, RnR and TOT were 60. Didn't really see any new mechandise that you couldn't get on a normal day accept for the event tshirt and pin

KylesMom
05-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Hopefully a returning member will post some details in the Trip Reports forum upon their return - I, too am curious how the first weekend was! DH, DS and I are sadly lamenting that we're not part of SWW this year!

joanna71985
05-24-2010, 10:54 PM
JTA is done on a first-come, first-serve basis

thejens
05-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Hmmm...does Jedi Training academy work on a first come basis or is it the old way with kids randomly being picked out of the crowd? I really didn't like the old way. Even though my oldest son was always picked I felt horrible for the little ones who were mysteriously "not chosen." Very little ones just can't understand that whole random thing! First come first served sounds fair.

joanna71985
05-25-2010, 09:20 PM
It is first-come, first-serve (the kids wait in line for the shows).

BTM
05-27-2010, 06:58 PM
We were there last Friday and it was great. The park was crowded but was to be expected. We did not really try to do any rides or see shows. We were there just see what it was all about. The waits for Boba Fett, Vader, etc were anywhere from 30min to an hour. The line for Jedi Training was at least a hundred deep. The line to get into Boba's Bounty was 2-3 hours. We only stayed for half a day but there seemed to be a lot going on.

cajunmickey
05-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Just got back today. This was our first time for SW weekend. The line for the rides were extremely long. Went to Boba Fetts for merchandise. I thought they would have had more. You are limited to certain items. DS was able to get what he wanted without any problems. The lines for the SW characters were very long up to an hour. We really enjoyed the parade, except for this one family who believed they could just walk up 5 minutes before the parade and push their family through the gaps between my family. My husband went off. Still managed to enjoy the parade.There always seems to be one person who tries to ruin a trip. Everyone else we met were so nice and friendly!

crltkcagle
06-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Just got back today and boy was it crowded! We were there at the same time last year and the lines weren't nearly as long then. BUt I found that to be the case at all of the parks. Attendance is definetly back up.