PDA

View Full Version : Any free tours anymore?

PETE FROM NYC
05-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Circa 20+ years ago, we did a behind the scenes type tour in EPCOT, future world.
It took less than 1 hour , if I remember right.
Do they have any more free tours like that anyplace ?

joanna71985
05-22-2010, 07:07 PM
No unfortunately

faline
05-22-2010, 08:13 PM
There are lots of tours in the parks but I'm not aware of any that are free.

thejens
05-22-2010, 09:01 PM
free? at WDW?

Fastpasssteve
05-23-2010, 01:33 AM
At first, Disney was probably flattered that anybody wanted to know how it all worked. Probably not many asked for tours of that kind. Now, in this age of colossal WDW and Disney groupies like we have on Intercot and other web sites, I know that number has grown expotentially. At a certain point, it probably became a problem (a good one, but a problem, nonetheless). They were going to assign special staff to man these tours. That costs money...that's why the Behind the Seeds tour costs money...although it's one of the less expensive tours available.

Patti
05-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Back in the early '80s, I remember taking a free tour in MK's utilidors.

LandFan
05-23-2010, 11:14 AM
No but the Behind the Seeds tour is fabulous and is only about $12-$14! It is in the Land Pavilion in EPCOT. You sign up at the desk to the left of the entrance to SOARIN'. It is the closest thing to free and it is really informative and interesting. You don't need a reservation, you just sign up when you first get to EPCOT for a tour time (there are several tours each day and they are around an hour to an hour and a half or so long).

We've done it a bunch of times now and highly recommend it:thumbsup:

artyboy
05-23-2010, 11:25 AM
No but the Behind the Seeds tour is fabulous and is only about $12-$14! It is in the Land Pavilion in EPCOT. You sign up at the desk to the left of the entrance to SOARIN'. It is the closest thing to free and it is really informative and interesting. You don't need a reservation, you just sign up when you first get to EPCOT for a tour time (there are several tours each day and they are around an hour to an hour and a half or so long).

We've done it a bunch of times now and highly recommend it:thumbsup:

I totally agree...not expensive, and it's very cool to actually walk in the greenhouses!

Genie1953
05-23-2010, 04:53 PM
We just did this last month. Picked up a fast pass for soarin and then took the Behind the Seeds tour that was leaving about 15 minutes later. By the time we got done with our tour which was extremely interesting we were ready to ride soarin. The Behind the Seeds tour was wonderful. They show you different growing techniques used by Disneyworld. We even were given an information sheet on where to go for further information and to purchase supplies used in these growing techniques. Was an awesome tour!

ILoveLegos
05-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Two free tours that come to mind are in Epcot's Innoventions:

1. The house of tomorrow where you see how new technology can enhance you security system, kitchen, entertainment system, bathroom, laundry room, bedroom and garage.

2. The home theatre tour - where you see a clip from the movie Armageddon with sub woffers maxed out and rumble seats then you spend a cool 6 minutes in a 1 million home theatre room watching the likes of Venus Williams and white water rafters, I could have sworn water hit me, LOL!

(I don't remember the real name of either tour - but they are free and pretty cool to me, a professed tech geek).

magicalmom
05-25-2010, 10:38 PM
:haha: Sigh< I wish they would. Although, the tour of the Land (Behind the Seeds?) isn't expensive -