PDA

View Full Version : Christmas decor mid-November??

johnfunkwriter
05-21-2010, 09:21 PM
hi all.
we're trying to decide whether to attend MVMCP.

what is there to see or do that is "Christmassy" during normal park hours versus the MVMCP?

would you recommend the MVMCP?

(travelling with DW, DD (7) & DD (9)

john

faline
05-21-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm not sure how much is up mid-November but I would certainly recommend attending the Mickey's Christmas party! I love the holiday parade, shows, and fireworks!

johnfunkwriter
05-21-2010, 09:47 PM
so i guess that means that through the normal day at the park there aren't any holiday shows or parades?

are there any holiday must-sees that you'd recommend (i don't know when gingerbread houses go on display... is that something we should seek out?)

CaptainSad
05-21-2010, 10:03 PM
There is not much Christmas stuff going on during non Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party days except for Christmas week. They do have the taping of the Christmas Parade the first weekend of December. They also light up Cinderella's Castle nightly. And they have the music and decorations. But the shows are pretty much the regular things that go on during the year. No snow except for MVMCP. Now I don't know if they have snow during the week of Christmas, you would have to ask someone that has been there during that time. It still feels like Christmas though.

CaptainSad
05-21-2010, 10:12 PM
As for the Gingerbread houses. The most popular is the one in the Grand Floridian. Visit the Resorts and see all the different themed trees in the lobbies. I don't know exactly when the WDW puts them up. I'm sure not all are up the same day. Osbourne Lights at DHS is a must see. Candlelight Processional at EPCOT and Holidays Around the World and the Holiday version of Illuminations/ Reflections of Earth also @ EPCOT. There are other things also I just have a Brain cramp right now.

johnfunkwriter
05-21-2010, 10:15 PM
appreciate your tips :)

Strmchsr
05-21-2010, 10:26 PM
For mid-November you can see the decorations at MK and some other places. Most of the shows - Candlelight Processional, Holiday Storytellers at Epcot, etc - do not start until Thanksgiving weekend. Osborne Lights is a "depends on the year." Some years it starts mid-month with MVMCP and some years it's after Thanksgiving. No way to know until they announce it what it'll be this year. The Gingerbread houses, also, tend to be finished around Thanksgiving Day.

As for parades, I'm not sure when the DAK holiday parade starts, but the MK holiday parade is only shown at the MVMCP until later in December.

plutosnana
05-22-2010, 07:10 AM
The decorations are a must, I must say! :mickey: The real gingerbread houses and the chocolate carousel! Alot is at the Poly. We usaually go in November so then we stop at the Polly, get some candy and take a peek at a few things, and take the monorail to MK! :D

JERSEYDISFAN
05-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Last year we were at WDW for the final weekend of the IF&WF (Nov. 7-8) and by Tuesday (Nov. 10) all traces of the festival were gone from EPCOT and Christmas trim was up on most of the walkways. The big tree was not up nor was there much up in the pavilions yet. DS had its big tree and street decorations up already. MK had its trim up but, not sure if the big tree in the town square was up yet. Didn't get back to AK so don't know where they were in decorating. However, there were lots of poinsettia beds planted everywhere.