PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for IoA for one day in June?

Dream'nDisney
05-21-2010, 01:29 PM
We will be going on a Monday in June. Any tips for a one-day visit? We will be renting a car from Disney and driving over, so any driving / parking tips would be great as well. fyi - we love rollercoasters, so any tips on which ones to do first would be great! Thank you!!

joonyer
05-21-2010, 04:24 PM
IOA will be absolutely JAM PACKED because of the opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. (soft openings probably within the next week or two).

There are only 2 big coasters at IOA, "The HULK" and the former "Dueling Dragons", which is being renamed "Dragon Challenge" and will be part of the new Wizarding World. Prepare for very long lines for everything in the WWofHP, so I would head to the HULK if you want to ride a coaster instead of waiting in line. No doubt everything in the Wizarding world will be very cool, but the crowds will be enormous there.

GrandFlo
05-25-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm not sure if Universal still does this, but I remember that there was a way to purchase express passes (same as fast pass). I don't know how much they cost, but it may be worth it if it is going to be very crowded.

DizneyRox
05-25-2010, 07:15 PM
IoA was a very long day last time I was there. The rides are top quality, you're talking Jurassic Park, SpiderMan, Popeye's Bilge Boat (whateer they call it), Dudley Doowrights Ripsaw Falls, Dualing Dragons, etc.

We had a front of the line pass and it was very handy! I can't imagine a summer day without it. With Happy Potter, the crowds will probably be a little higher, although it seems attendence is down this year again in the Florida parks.

Just prepare for a long day... It's a hot park as well, not as bad as AK, but it's up there.

DVC2004
05-26-2010, 08:34 AM
I agree with all that has been said. If you can swing it buy the express pass- it will allow you to wait alot less once per attraction where it is accepted (unlike the onsite hotel pass which you can go on the attractions multiple times using pass). It really saves time. There is a preferred parking lot but it's up to you. We did it once and it was good but other times we did regular parking and it was fine. Bring as little as possible because they will require you to put stuff in lockers prior to riding most of the attractions. The lockers are free for an hour or so but again it will be less time having to stop at locker before and after the attraction.

Dream'nDisney
05-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the advice. I would get an Express Pass, but our child will be with a large group, and they won't be able to afford it. We will be walking around on our own, but I think I would feel guilty about buying one for the two of us. :secret: