PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Ressie Opening Up?

onjbj
05-21-2010, 12:58 PM
I usually book our trips well in advance and getting the ressies that we want have never been a problem. This year, we booked late and I am now trying to get ressies for late August.

What are the chances that things will open up as the trip gets closer and people cancel trips?

I'm trying to get into Ohana, Chef Mickeys, and Teppan Edo- sometime between 5 or 6 pm. Am I dreaming at this point? Thanks!

Ms. Mode
05-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Have you tried an hour earlier/later? You can always cancel if something opens up between now and then. August has always been quick to fill up. Good luck :mickey:

Strmchsr
05-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Don't know about that exact time. I agree with Ms. Mode that being flexible on dates/times gives you the best chance. Teppan Edo is probably a better shot that Chef Mickey's. For CM, don't count on it, though it doesn't hurt to try.

TysMomTink
05-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Definitely do NOT give up. We booked our trip last year late and tried unsuccessfully to book 'Ohana for about two months. I would check online every few days. Then about a month before our trip I tried and there was an opening at the time we wanted. You just never know. Sometimes things open the Day you want. Keep trying.

5MemphisTiggers
05-21-2010, 02:08 PM
I agree with TysMomTink (and Sir Winston Churchill), Never give up!

I was able to sneak into Le Cellier about 2 weeks before my last trip -- after weeks of trying to get it booked. On-line ressies are a good way to go. No long distance charge, and you can check every few minutes if you like. Alter your preferred times, too, as I think the system only checks within a certain range around your requested time (maybe +/- 30 minutes?).

Good luck!

Schmiv
05-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Had a friend who went during peak season (spring break vacation) and she did not make any ressies :oops:. They just decided that day where to go for dinner or had concierge call in the morning for a ressie at night and they got in everywhere they wanted :party:.

I've also read a few posts where people have said that they just walk up to the restaurant and there are tables available so I think, like other people have said, if the times do not matter that much you should be good to go.

Good Luck!!!!

wdwluv
05-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Tried CONSTANTLY for the month before our trip. I got Chef Mickey 2 days before our trip.

Got 'Ohana just a month before our trip - I actually got it 3 times, I kept wanting to change our time slot based on our changing schedule.

I got Teppan Edo just a couple weeks before our trip.

And got the Garden Grill just days before too.

Ours was a May trip versus summer - but I think the same rule applies...JUST KEEP TRYING! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

wdwnomad
05-21-2010, 10:13 PM
I am going probably going the same time as you and I was just able to switch some of my ADR's around. We had five people but are now down to four people. I probably could have just left them alone but I felt like there was the possibility I was cheating someone else out. So I decided to change them. I was able to book new ADR's for both Ohana's and, belive it or not, LeCellier plus a few others. Both times I got were primetime dinner hours. I cancelled both of times I had orginally booked. So definetly keep trying. Of course, it took about a month of persistence to do this but you never know what might pop up. People cancel all of the time.

Fastpasssteve
05-22-2010, 02:31 AM
There is always hope and there are always people changing and tweaking their iteneraries. I would advise you to be a little more flexible with your times, if possible. Look at it this way, would you rather adhere to some self-imposed schedule, or would you rather miss eating at one of your favorite restaurants during your one and only visit to WDW for the year?

I've learned to be flexible (especially where Le Cellier is concerned!) and never look a gift fillet in the mouth. If they want to serve me dinner at 4:30 instead of the 7:10 I wanted, so be it. I will simply shuffle my lunch plans earlier...maybe not eat so much for lunch...snack around. Stay loose.

Jillirose
05-22-2010, 09:34 PM
We have shown up at 4:30 or just before 5:00 and had good luck. I think they leave a small amount of tables for 'walk ins'.

onjbj
05-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I am flexible with my times, although right now the only times that are available are after 9pm! I'm not THAT flexible- especially not with 2 five year olds in tow! I will keep trying... just wanted to see what other people's experiences have been in a similar situation. :)

faline
05-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Last week, we were able to get a same day reservation or Teppan Edo. Last December, I was able to get Chef Mickey's for breakfast hust two days before we left on our trip. Keep trying. Things may open up!

epceddie
05-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Had a friend who went during peak season (spring break vacation) and she did not make any ressies :oops:. They just decided that day where to go for dinner or had concierge call in the morning for a ressie at night and they got in everywhere they wanted :party:.

I've also read a few posts where people have said that they just walk up to the restaurant and there are tables available so I think, like other people have said, if the times do not matter that much you should be good to go.

Good Luck!!!!

Really? During peak season? I find that hard to believe. We were there the first week of May and the concierge at OKW couldn't get us into the Crystal Palace for breakfast on either of the two days that we asked for.