PDA

View Full Version : Renting points?

CardCollector
05-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I have heard that renting points is cheaper than booking a stay through Disney. Is it possible to rent points from members for the nights of Dec 26-30? We have never done this before but are thinking about doing it. We are hoping to get either a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom villa.

Can anyone give us an idea of what price range we would be looking at and maybe point us in a direction we would need to go?

dlpmikki
05-21-2010, 11:19 AM
We don't do point rental on Intercot but if you do a google search on DVC rental you should find some places that do. Points can cost between $10 and $14 each. Think you may find it hard to get the dates you want as that is a very popular time!

DizneyRox
05-21-2010, 11:46 AM
The way DVC works, is it costs more points to book at holiday times, but the cost per point doesn't necessarily have to increase.

It may be difficult to get those dates as the member would probably need to book those 11 months in advance to get them. I don't normally know at that point if I'm not going to use my points, so it might be tougher to rent them..

There are cash rooms available though, but you're asking about renting. If you NEED a villa though, that is an option. And, yes, they will be more significantly than the cost of renting points for the same room.