PDA

View Full Version : Veggie Burgers

Figment52
05-20-2010, 10:16 PM
I've noticed veggie burgers are popping up on the menus more and more for cs locations. Anyone know what brand(s) they serve?

ElenitaB
05-20-2010, 10:49 PM
They used to serve a Boca burger (like Boca's "All American" burger) but I've heard rumor that they have switched brands recently and are more "veggie" now (think along the lines of the Dr. Praeger veggie burgers).

Figment52
05-21-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm not familiar with Dr. Praeger, but I'm glad they aren't Boca Burgers anymore :sick: Although we're not vegetarians, we do like some of the Morningstar Farms products - would these Dr. Praeger veggie burgers be similar?

Jillirose
05-22-2010, 09:37 PM
I've had their veggie burgers several times and would have guessed they were Morning Star or quite similar ;)

ElenitaB
05-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Yes, they're now more like GardenBurger veggie burgers or Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie Patties. Each to his own... I really prefer Boca burgers to GardenBurgers so it's back to the drawing board for me to find something to eat at QS locations. Thank goodness more and more locations have alternatives.

debandbub
05-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Any idea if the veggie burgers are vegan? Some brands use egg whites as a binder, and so we read labels very carefully! Thanks!

ElenitaB
05-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Aspiring vegan here... yes, from what I've read, they are vegan. However, you need to ask for a vegan roll as the regular rolls aren't. When you get to the register, be sure to tell them that you need the "special" roll. A manager will more than likely come out and talk with you to make sure they get it right.

debandbub
05-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the info! 142 days to go!:party: