PDA

View Full Version : Please help me pick a restaurant!

southerngirl
05-20-2010, 01:58 PM
We're heading down for a four night trip in late July. We're staying on the club level at the Poly, so for the most part, we'll be doing only one big meal a day, and it'll probably be lunch. Our DS will be 2, so we'll be hitting the parks (mostly MK) early in the morning and then taking a lot of breaks from the heat and exploring resorts, swimming, etc., in the afternoons.

We have lunch ADRs at Chefs de France and Liberty Tree. I'm trying to pick one other restaurant, and I was thinking it might be fun to go to a resort. We've done GFC several times and love it, but I'd like to try something different, preferably in the MK or Epcot area. We're pretty adventerous eaters (even my son) and actually would prefer some place that serves things other than burgers and fries.

I'd really appreciate your input!

artyboy
05-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Try Narcoosee's or Citrico's...both have great food...and the service is incredible!

JROriole8Fan
05-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Best option is Boma in the AKL. Superb food, amazing resort and after dinner you can search for the animals with night vision goggles!

moe513
05-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Wow you have lots of choices
For a resort you might want to try Whisper Canyon at WL. Good food and fun.
In Epcot my kids love Coral Reef. The food is good and the aquarium is great.
In the epcot countries Mexico has okay food with great atmosphere.
We also love the food at Crystal Palace.

Good Luck

Celakip
05-20-2010, 05:27 PM
How about Artist Point? We tried it for the first time last November and loved it!:mickey:

CaptSmee
05-20-2010, 08:09 PM
if your staying at The Poly are you eating at either Kona Kafe, or Ohana? They are both excellent choices. I also like the idea someone else suggested...Whispering Canyon! Take the Monorail to The Contemporary, then a boat to Wilderness Lodge...it's as easy as that and it's always fun there. :cool:

PopeCharming
05-20-2010, 08:14 PM
I recommend Boma, too...something for everybody.

Since you're already at the Polynesian, why not give the Kona Cafe a try?

Fastpasssteve
05-21-2010, 12:42 AM
For me, it's not a trip to Disney without dinner at 'Ohana.

But, since your son is a young one, I would suggest Chef Mickey (at the Contemporary) for dinner. All the major characters are there and it's an on-going party.

Another child-friendly lunch/dinner would be Whispering Canyon (at Wilderness Lodge)! It's a lot of fun. Crazy shenanigans from all the servers!

Good luck with your planning.

plutosnana
05-21-2010, 06:53 AM
Ohana's rox! you should really do that one! :D But that's just my idea not your's :blush:

AllDisney
05-21-2010, 05:30 PM
With a little one I'd suggest :

Whispering Canyon
Coral Reef
Ohana

brownie
05-22-2010, 03:45 PM
I'd give Chef Mickey's a try. I've never eaten there, but I want to try the Wave at the Contemporary.