PDA

View Full Version : How do I go about doing this?

phlo8810
05-19-2010, 06:58 PM
We have 11 nights booked in a 2 bedrrom villa at BWV. We have annual passes and are getting the Deluxe dining plan. My sister-in-law and her boyfriend are coming dowwn for the middle four days. So I have a few questions.

1) Are they allowed to stay in our room
2) If they get the same dining plan as us can we add their credits to ours for the length of their stay or do we just tell the waiter to make two seperate checks.
3) If we make two seperate checks can they dine with us and have the basic dining plan.

Thanks for any help!

Pirate Granny
05-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Well...two bedroom...how many other people are staying with you...
EVERYONE has to have the same dining plan and for the entire stay. I have researched this a bit...as we're going in March and Daughters BF will only be there the last 4 days out of 8. We are in a Grand Villa and his name is on the reservation, he'll just have a different Magic Express for a later date...BUT we have to purchase the 8 day dining plan for him also...we'll use up his extra 4 days worth of credits between the 12 of us...so, I'm going to have to pay $40 x 4 which is $160 extra even though he'll not be there.
:pirate:

Basket Mommy
05-19-2010, 08:59 PM
I agree with the 2nd poster - we did this in October with my parents. They came down two days after we arrived and stayed with us in our room. We had to pay for the dining plan for 8 people for the entire length of our stay even though my parents were only staying part of the time. We all had to have the same plan - we chose the 1 table, 1 counter, 1 snack plan, and all 8 of us had to have that plan. We just used the extra credits on a 2-credit meal and let my parents use the extra counter service the day we left because they had a later flight and stayed in the parks until around 4 pm.

VWL Mom
05-20-2010, 05:19 AM
Since you are AP holders, have you considered using TiW rather than pay for all those meals they will not be there for. I believe only one person in the group would need the card and that would cover up to 6 people at a meal. It may be worth looking over menus and getting an idea of the actual costs. Added plus would be the 20% off adult beverages.

Basket Mommy
05-20-2010, 09:56 AM
I believe only one person in the group would need the card and that would cover up to 6 people at a meal.

It actually covers up to 10 people.

"Members receive a 20% discount on all food and beverage (including alcohol) for up to 10 people at participating table-service Disney restaurants."

Also, "Effective January 1, 2008 a charge of 18% gratuity will be added to all Tables in Wonderland table service transactions, regardless of party size."

After tip, you're effectively saving 2%, but you have to also factor in the cost of the card, which is $75.

We have a family of 6, and my husband did all the math because he's a numbers nerd. We came out better using the DDP, but we usually only take 5-night trips. For longer trips it might make more sense to use the TiW card.

phlo8810
05-20-2010, 01:15 PM
This is very confusing. We researched using the TIW card and found we beat it using the ddp. I can't believe they make you pay for people that aren't there the whole time! Now I don't know what to do. Thanks for the replies. Maybe if we drink enough "adult beverages" the TIW will come up on top. Time to rethink things!

Pirate Granny
05-20-2010, 01:28 PM
TiW will not work at the resort counter services if you have a sit-down restaurant. TiW was a deal when it was $50 and paid for gratuities and tax...but like everything else, prices are up.

Is there are reason why you are getting the deluxe dining plan...maybe the TiW would be better if compared to that plan rather than the normal (not quick service) dining plan.
:pirate:

Robbieligh
05-20-2010, 02:02 PM
We went with friends and they got a 1 bedroom villa. We stayed with them for 2 nights before moving into our own villa. We were both getting the deluxe dining plan but we did not want to start ours until we moved into our own villa. We just did not add our names to their reservation. We stayed with them for 2 nights but did not receive keys. It worked out fine!! They had the deluxe dining plan but for the first 2 nights we used our tables in wonderland card.

Ian
05-20-2010, 02:31 PM
I can't believe they make you pay for people that aren't there the whole time!Yep. This is one of the biggest irritations I have with Disney and their antiquated, ridiculous "computer system" (which what they blame for this problem).

Apparently it isn't smart enough to be able to break up the DDP between different guests with different statys, which is maddening and borderline absurd.

Personally, I think it's a lame excuse they use to get away with overcharging people for food they aren't going to eat, because I've been working with software for fifteen years and the notion that any system is this inflexible is impossible for me to believe.