PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE send some pixie dust to my sister!

BrerGnat
05-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey guys! My older sister has been trying to have a baby for over a year. She just had surgery last month for endometriosis, but she also has a septated uterus. She JUST got a positive pregnancy test this morning, and I really, really want this to be it for her!

Please send some baby dust her way! She has had a very rough time with all this emotionally, I just want to see her and her husband happy.

Thanks!

SallyMcQueen
05-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Congrats to your sister and here's an extra helping of baby dust!

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

DizNee143
05-19-2010, 03:05 PM
how i hope and pray this is really it for her!!!
pixie dust on the way!!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

SBETigg
05-19-2010, 03:16 PM
:pixie::pixie: and best wishes!

WishingStar2006
05-19-2010, 03:32 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: All the best for your sister...I'll add her to my prayers as well.

KylesMom
05-19-2010, 03:39 PM
On its way . . . :pixie::tink:

DisneyOtaku
05-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Of course! :pixie::pixie::pixie:

Disney4us2
05-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Congrats to your sister.... Best wishes for a normal pregnancy...

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Daisy'sMom
05-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Hoping that you will be an aunt before to long. Congrats to your sister and her husband. i suffered from the same thing and was told I would never conceive. I have three grown boys and one daughter. Tell her not to stop praying.:mickey:

:tink::tink::tink::tink:

Tinksalot
05-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Congratulations to your sister! I will keep her in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby, :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::
stork:

RedSoxFan
05-19-2010, 08:06 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

DVC2004
05-20-2010, 08:09 AM
More pixie dust on the way!!!

PirateLover
05-20-2010, 04:49 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Joannelet
05-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Sending pixie, pixie and more pixie dust your sisters way!!!!
Congrats on her GREAT news!!!

crazypoohbear
05-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Praying that God blesses them with a beautiful, healthy baby!

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:: pixie:

faline
05-20-2010, 08:50 PM
I do hope this will be the beginning of a wonderful family!

ElenitaB
05-20-2010, 11:09 PM
:pixie: on its way!

mrsgaribaldi
05-20-2010, 11:11 PM
Loads of :baby::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way.

BrerGnat
05-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks everyone! So far, I'm the ONLY one who knows, and it's driving me crazy! Well, her husband knows too, of cousre. And, all of you know, but I trust you to not tell. :secret:

She's doing great! She has symptoms; all the classic ones, which is a good sign. She will see her primary care doc on Tuesday to have an initial blood test to confirm and measure HCG levels.

Thanks again everyone!

pianobabe
05-21-2010, 07:03 PM
I promise I won't tell anyone:secret:. Sending lots of :baby::pixie::pixie::pixie: their way. I hope everything goes well.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-21-2010, 11:02 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: Best wishes to your sis & bil.

WDWFanatic
05-22-2010, 02:40 PM
wishing her all the best! It's it funny how it's the only time you feel happy to feel gross.

Pixie dust and prayers headed her way!

diz_girl
05-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Here you go... :pixie:

As a fellow sufferer of endometriosis, the problem with conceiving is getting the embryo to properly attach. So hopefully per doctor has already prescribed progesterone for her to help the baby attach and stay attached. If it's a good pregnancy, then she'll only need to take the progesterone until the end of the first trimester, then the placenta takes over from there. Best of luck to her.

BrerGnat
05-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Here you go... :pixie:

As a fellow sufferer of endometriosis, the problem with conceiving is getting the embryo to properly attach. So hopefully per doctor has already prescribed progesterone for her to help the baby attach and stay attached. If it's a good pregnancy, then she'll only need to take the progesterone until the end of the first trimester, then the placenta takes over from there. Best of luck to her.

Her problem is more the uterine septum. The endometriosis was blocking her tubes, so the doctor removed it via laser. She conceived successfully immediately after the surgery (after trying unsuccessfully for a year). The doctor tried to remove the septum during the surgery, but due to poor visibility, he didn't want to take the risk of perforating her uterus. It's unsure what effect the septum will have on this pregnancy, so it's just a "wait and see" thing now. Prognosis for her condition is not great, so just keep the prayers/pixie dust coming.

TheVBs
05-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Baby :pixie: from me too. :mickey:

diz_girl
05-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Actually, what I meant to write was that AFTER surgery to help repair endometriosis damage the main problem with endometriosis was that the embryo would have difficulty attaching. Sorry about that.

It's great that you're sister got pregnant so soon after her surgery. I had my surgery over a year ago and I've had three miscarriages since then (but I'm also 40 - so some are age-related - and I don't mean to worry you). I'm actually in the same boat as your sister. I just got a positive test a couple of days ago and had my first blood test today. My levels are good. Yay! But next are more blood tests and waiting to (hopefully) see a heartbeat on the ultrasound.

Best of luck to your sister.

BrerGnat
05-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Actually, what I meant to write was that AFTER surgery to help repair endometriosis damage the main problem with endometriosis was that the embryo would have difficulty attaching. Sorry about that.

It's great that you're sister got pregnant so soon after her surgery. I had my surgery over a year ago and I've had three miscarriages since then (but I'm also 40 - so some are age-related - and I don't mean to worry you). I'm actually in the same boat as your sister. I just got a positive test a couple of days ago and had my first blood test today. My levels are good. Yay! But next are more blood tests and waiting to (hopefully) see a heartbeat on the ultrasound.

Best of luck to your sister.

Congrats and good luck to you too! My sister has her first appt. today to do blood work and check her hormone levels.

What I'm worried about it weeks now-10, which is the highest chance of miscarriage IF the embryo implanted on the septum. Although, her doctor that did the surgery said the septum looked very vascular, and like it could support a pregnancy, but who knows since this is the first time she's actually conceived.