PDA

View Full Version : Military Discounts?

disney1122
05-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Does anyone know how that works? How much is the discount on tickets? What do you have to provide? Who does it apply to (currently active?) ?

Thanks!

wdwfansince75
05-19-2010, 02:18 PM
On all of our WDW trips, since SoG opened, we have bought our tickets at SoG, even when staying at CR or Dixie Landings. The current prices are posted on the SoG website. Active duty, reserve, or retirees are eligible. You just go to the ticket office in SoG and show your ID. If the spouse has a card as well, the spouse may also buy the tickets.
Not sure if they are discounted, but there is no tax. I believe you can also buy them on military bases, at the welfare and recreation offices.
Also, there is currently a length of stay pass (Stars and Stripes) which is essentially a parkhopper and waterparks and more ticket, for considerably less than the MYW PH and WPAM.
Check out the shadesofgreen.org website. There are also reduced price tickets for other (non-WDW) places.

mama2six
05-19-2010, 09:24 PM
I just booked my rooms and got a 40% military discount. We will also get the military tickets - up to 6 for $99 4 day passes.

Disney sent me to www.disneymilitarysales.com (http://www.disneymilitarysales.com)for all the fine print.

I think we got a great deal (I hope!)

My one question is, the website says we can get our military tickets at a main entrance and someone else told me that we have to go to Shades of Green or our MWR office. Does anyone know for sure?

wdwfansince75
05-19-2010, 09:51 PM
The SoG ticket office told me that they can be bought at the park ticket windows, as well as base MWR office, or SoG. They can only be activated at the park ticket windows.

mama2six
05-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Thank you!

We are going with our six kids before my husband deploys for 408 days. It is going to be a crazy trip.