PDA

View Full Version : Hoop de doo

merrymouse
05-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Which park do you visit on the day you go to the Hoop de doo? In other words which park is the best one to spend the day at and easily get to the Hoop de doo? I remember it being a little difficult to get to and I cannot for the life of me remember where it is. Wilderness camp ground maybe? Also are there two seatings or just one? I guess basically I want an entire overview of Hoop de doo. How to get there? What they serve etc? All I remember is that we went with a huge crowd last time and had a fantastic time. Thanks

vicster
05-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Hoop de doo is at Ft. Wilderness. It's very easy to take the boat to Ft. Wilderness from Magic Kingdom. Seems that would be the easiest park to go to the day you go to Hoop de doo.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-19-2010, 11:17 AM
We love Hoop Dee Doo in our family!

You are right, it is at Fort Wilderness, so although MK is the closest (and a nice boat ride away), you can take a bus there from any theme park. What can make it a bit tricky is that the theme park busses drop you off (I believe) at the outpost, and you have to take an internal Fort Wilderness bus to Pioneer Hall where the show takes place. If you take a boat from MK, it is just a walk from the boat dock to the show. Getting back to your resort is easier, there will be busses for each resort waiting when the show lets out.

If you have a car, you can drive to Fort Wilderness, and then take an internal bus from the parking lot to Pioneer Hall.

There are usually three shows at night, at 5pm, 7:15pm and 9:30pm. They are all the same, although the earlier ones can be busier, it really don't matter.

As you probably remember, the show is great, tons of laughs and the food is good. Enjoy :thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
05-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Getting back to your resort is easier, there will be busses for each resort waiting when the show lets out.

We're going to Hoop Dee Doo also. We are visiting MK on the day of our ressie. Do you mean from above that when we leave the dinner show, Ft. Wilderness will have a bus waiting to take us back to Coronado Springs?

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Yes, we've been to HDD three times, and each time, at the end of the show there was a bunch of busses waiting to take people back to their resorts. I'm not sure if they combine resorts, but the good news is that you don't have to travel back to a theme park to get back to your resort.

kemps@wdw
05-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Mk is the closest, and you simply go the front dock, board the boat for Fort Wilderness, and enjoy a very pleasant, albeit brief, nautical journey to Fort Wilderness, and Pioneer Hall is just a short walk from the dock. If you get there a little early that's OK...simply relax on the front porch @ Crockett's Tavern till it's time for the show, or take a little stroll around the FW area.

Fastpasssteve
05-22-2010, 02:17 AM
Be sure to leave plenty of time to get from the MK to Ft. Wilderness Campground via boat. There has been a couple times when I've had to wait for the second boat when there was room for me. Disney is not a great time when you feel late for a reservation.

CU Tiger
05-24-2010, 01:45 PM
We go to the HDDR every other year and love it.:thumbsup:
There are two answers to this one question. You can get to the HDDR easiest from MK by taking the boat over to FW. But, this also means you have to cut your day a little shorter to go to dinner. MK is a full day park for us and my family can do both AK and DHS in 3/4 of a day. Doing one of these other parks instead of MK, gives us more time to get to the HDDR and do not have to rush. Take the time to check out FW and maybe go to the camp fire after dinner.:mickey:

DizneyRox
05-24-2010, 03:50 PM
If it were me, I'd go to whatever park you want that day. Take a bus back to the Contemporary and boat over from there. If you decide on MK, then walk over to the Contemporary.

I'm not sure if the busses run after the show for all show times. It may depend on the tine of year and the time of the show (possibly when MK closes too). It's been a while since I've been to a 5pm show, I don't know if I saw them there.

I'm fairly certain they always run them after the 9pm show.