PDA

View Full Version : crew change of voices of liberty

drosenbe
05-19-2010, 07:07 AM
A couple of years ago, there would be one performance of the Voices of Liberty where 2 groups of singers would participate. I think one was leaving for the day and the other was coming on, but they would both sing at this show.

Does anyone know if that still happens, and if so, which show it is?

Thanks

Gator
05-19-2010, 03:32 PM
I've haven't seen it in the 5 trips I've made. I've never even heard of it.

MaxPower
05-20-2010, 12:17 PM
During busier times of year, the Voices of Liberty have had two "squads" that perform in the main lobby of The American Adventure.

One squad would do the morning and mid-day performances and the second squad would do the afternoon and early evening performances.

So, during one performance in the early afternoon you could see something unique:

When Squad One did its last performance of the day, Squad Two would already be there ready to start their day. So during Squad One's finale song, Squad Two would appear above your heads at the railing of the upper level of the rotunda singing the finale song as well - thereby doubling the voices and harmonies. It's very impressive.

Unfortunately, it is not regularly scheduled - and only happenes during the busy times when there is need for two squads. Most days, there is only one squad. Your best bet would be to ask an attraction cast member the week you are there if there will be a day when both squads sing.