PDA

View Full Version : Need tips for dealing with EMH at MK

Euby
05-19-2010, 05:13 AM
The only day that our schedule allows us to go to the Magic Kingdom happens to be a EMH day. Does anyone have any tips of how to survive this day? Should we be there for normal open or closer to lunch time? Any suggestions are welcome.

gerald72
05-19-2010, 05:57 AM
Is it morning or evening emh?

Gibbs
05-19-2010, 10:57 AM
I will be taking a few thing for granted here. 1st is that you are staying on property, since you are asking about EMH in the first place, and second that EMH is in the evening rather than the morning.

That being said, We normally get there at park opening, and stay untill just after lunch. This is when it really gets hot and the normal melt down of the kids starts to get going. We will then head back to the resort and take a dip in the pool and a catch a power nap. We had back around 4 or 5 pm. This gives you plenty of time to catch the attractions you didn't get to in them morning, and also repeat the ones you really like. One big piece of advise I can give is not to try to fit everything in one day. Remember you are on vacation. Prioritize what you want to do and give yourself a break. Most of all have fun. That is what it's really all about:mickey:

renecat
05-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Since you are off property and you can't take advantage of the EMH I'd say get there as soon as the park opens for you. June will be very hot so the AM is probably a better time to go. MK usually gets crowded later in the AM. Also if the heat becomes to much you can leave and take a break. I haven't been to Florida in the summer for many years because of the heat. I know when you have children you have to go when you can. Hope you have a magical trip.

wdwfansince75
05-19-2010, 11:44 AM
If you are going on a Tuesday or Thursday (In June, MK has morning EMH those days), I have found that MK does a great job of absorbing the AM EMH crowds, so I would go for normal opening, and enjoy the day.

When MK is open until 11, (most of June) and DHS and AK close much earlier, off-site guests with park hoppers seem to flow to MK as those parks close. This keeps MK full right up to closing.

If your trip has you at MK on Friday or Sunday, the evening EMH days, get there at opening, and stay as long as possible....afternoon crowds at MK seem to be lighter than most other afternoons...by just a little bit.

Since you have been there before, and hopefully, will be back, just go, use fast passes, and do what you can. Going as early as possible allows you to maximize fast passes....

Also note that BTMRR and Splash are not open for morning EMH...I would head there first...FP one and ride the other....do PotC while waiting for FP time...after the FP ride, take the train to TuneTown, use the Tomorrowland walkway, and get a FP for Space...gets the big 3 covered, usually by noon...If PP or Pooh are a must, get a FP for one on the way to HM ....as soon as it is time for the FP, before using it, get one for the other Fantasyland FP ride....
Remember, for FP rides, you can get additional FP's after your initial FP time...or earlier...your FP gives you the time you can get a new one...for most FP rides, if I want to ride again, I get another FP before getting in the FP line...
Also remember that the current policy is to allow you to use the FP at any time after the first allowable time...so you can get FP's, and collect them for later (same day) use....

PlutoPlanet
05-19-2010, 11:54 AM
Do what you can that day. Find another vacation to see more there.