PDA

View Full Version : Shipping with UPS

DisneyWhirled222
05-19-2010, 01:28 AM
I will be going to WDW in the upcoming weeks, and I wanted to ship some stuff down there to be delivered to our hotel (water, snacks, baby items, etc.). I've never shipped UPS but the box is semi-big, so I'd rather use UPS over USPS... not to mention i'd prob trust UPS more. Only question is, how long will it normally take to ship a box to WDW? I would like the box to arrive somewhat towards the beginning of the trip. I will be visiting family in New York and shipping from there down to Florida. I also don't know how to address the package? Do I need to know the room number in order to ship something to the hotel or can i just write the hotel address and a persons name on it to be received? I will be staying at the contemporary... can someone show me a sample of how to address the box? any information will be great! thank you! :mickey:

KylesMom
05-19-2010, 01:33 PM
You want to address your package similar to this - making sure that the information is on several sides of the box:

Guest: First Name, Last Name
c/o Disney's Contemporary Resort
4600 North World Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Guest Arrival Date: June XX, 2010

We typically ship FedEx 3-day & have never had a problem receiving our "goody box" upon arrival. However, I do track the package to ensure it was received at the resort prior to our arrival.

Dznygrl79
05-20-2010, 06:24 AM
I have not done it for two years but on the UPS website there is an estimated time tracker. They ask you to enter the size of your package and to and from what zip codes and they give you an estimate. You could also do this by calling UPS but they have a very automated phone line.

DisneyWhirled222
05-20-2010, 10:42 AM
We typically ship FedEx 3-day & have never had a problem receiving our "goody box" upon arrival. However, I do track the package to ensure it was received at the resort prior to our arrival.

Are you saying that I can ship my package so that it purposely arrives before we check-in to the resort? They will hold it till our arrival? Cause that would be great!!! :thumbsup:

elorac
05-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Yes, the resort will hold your package until you arrive. You will get your box upon check in.

EpcotChic23
05-26-2010, 09:42 AM
We just shipped our LARGE box yesterday for our arrival on June 1st. We used Fed Ex (but that is b/c my father has an account with them). But when we talked to Disney about sending the box they were very nice and said pepople do it all the time and they will hold it if it arrives before you do as long as it has the proper info which was our last name and date of arrival. They also told us to have it sent to rooms control at the Poly. We will see this is the first time we are doing this (b/c this is the first time we are traveling with a LO my 11 month old daughter)