PDA

View Full Version : Singing with the Dapper Dans

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
05-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Have any of you sung with the Dapper Dans on Main Street? I've seen some videos on youtube from when they let somebody sing with them, and I swear I've read it somewhere.

Do they still let you do this? I've been dying to ask them if I can sing with them, and I think I'm gonna try it this time.

Mickey'sGirl
05-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Just wanted to pipe in to say that I sung with the Sister Suffragettes when we ran into them last year (and I am NO singer!). It was a highlight for me! Ask, and you may find yourself singing with the Dapper Dans!

magicalmom
05-18-2010, 10:15 PM
I am a singer, and once sang with the pianist at Casey' s - so much fun! He was impressed, my kids were embarassed. All good!

Fastpasssteve
05-19-2010, 02:36 AM
I don't know how willing they would or wouldn't be to a temporary addition to their group. I do know they know all the standard barbershop songs. So, if you know any of the classic 'war horses' of the genre, you have a better chance to seize the moment, if it should present itself.

vilewmn
05-19-2010, 08:45 PM
My Dad has sung Barbershop harmony since before I was born. On one of our first trips to The World in the 1980s, Dad showed the Dapper Dans his SPEBSQSA (Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barbershop Quartet Singing in America) hat and he was invited to sing with them on Main Street. They did one song. Dad loved it. We got some great pics. To top it off a little girl walked up to Dad and asked for his autograph. Good Times!!!!