PDA

View Full Version : Luggage question

Scrappy2
05-18-2010, 10:11 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a safe place to leave luggage and if they deliver to your room. We will arrive very early by car but would like to bring our luggage in. I know we will not be able to get our room as early as we arrive but would like to go ahead and clean the car out and head to the parks. I just do not want to come in late and have to unload the car. Does Disney have a place to store the luggage and if so will they deliver to our room or do we have to come back and get the luggage? Oh and we are staying at the ASMO.

Thanks!

Mickey'sGirl
05-18-2010, 10:15 AM
We have stored our luggage (including electronics) in the past for both early arrivals and late departures. We simply tip the attendant for their trouble.

We have done this at the All Stars and at the Boardwalk, so it doesn't make a difference where you are staying.

renecat
05-18-2010, 10:47 AM
We have arrived before our room was ready and left it with the front desk they have a place to store it. It has always been delivered to our room later.

Gusgus
05-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Does Disney have a place to store the luggage and if so will they deliver to our room or do we have to come back and get the luggage?

Yes they do. Bell services will keep your bags in a secure airconditioned area until you get back to the room. Once at your room press the "bell services" button on your phone and they will deliver your bags.

Gusgus

DisneyFr33k
05-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Two times we were early we left our luggage with ASMo and when we returned from a day in the park, all our luggage was waiting there for us!

The last two times we arrived early (at POP) and were surprised to find our room already ready! So we were able to go ahead and put our luggage in ourselves!

So no worries either way!

TheRustyScupper
05-18-2010, 04:43 PM
1) Bell Services will keep the luggage. *
. . . it may or may not be air conditioned
. . . it may or may not be secured
. . . it may be left inside or outside the building
2) You must be present for it to be delivered to the room.

* Yes, I have seen all these occurrences on many occassions.

#1donaldfan
05-19-2010, 12:24 PM
1) Bell Services will keep the luggage. *
2) You must be present for it to be delivered to the room.

* Yes, I have seen all these occurrences on many occassions.

....me too !!! I've seen tons of bag lining the sidewalks at bell svcs, waiting on "something" ...... we normally just keep ours in the car.....we too arrive very early and come back to the resort around 3 ish and just move our bags, take a swim, a possible nap, then back to the parks we go......

Gusgus
05-19-2010, 12:57 PM

Really? I have always been told it was air-conditioned and secure when I have checked in early. Is this a resort specific thing?

Gusgus

#1donaldfan
05-19-2010, 06:54 PM
...the bell services area designated for our luggage has AC, plus in a "secure" area, however like I mentioned, while waiting to go into that area, I've seen a lot of luggage being stationed just outside this mentioned area, virtually unsecured and obviously not in the AC....I'm sure it's just fine, and will eventually go into the AC / secure area, but if someone really wanted it bad enough I could see the possibility ....... :mickey:

Fastpasssteve
05-19-2010, 09:24 PM
It is my understanding and experience that one's luggage is only stored in a secure place if one uses Disney's Magical Express from the airport.

Other than that, it might be better in the long run to keep your luggage in your car and park in a shady place. This isn't the best option, but you know it will be secure. Do you really want to worry about it being left outside or inside? Watched or not watched?

disneylovinmom
05-19-2010, 09:33 PM
We have left our luggage with bell services before at POR and they took it in a room and had us fill out tags to put on it. This was before Magical Express even existed. There were no problems at all. We took the luggage with us when we were shown to our room when we got back from sight seeing. Last time we used ME to OKW and our bags were delivered while we were at one of the parks. We did not have to present for delivery.

TheRustyScupper
05-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Really? I have always been told it was air-conditioned and secure when I have checked in early. Is this a resort specific thing?

1) All resorts have an air conditioned luggage room
. . . bellmen luggage gets placed here - usually
. . . DME luggage is never stored in A/C at resorts.
2) But, frequently the storage room is left unlocked.
3) The room can also simply be left open so bellmen can go in-out quicker.
4) Plus, luggage can be placed outside of the luggage room in a big group.
. . . this is in a non-secure area
. . . people could conceivably pick it up and walk away
. . . it is also not A/C and is in the sun

kemps@wdw
05-21-2010, 11:50 PM
There is a luggage storage area usually off the main or service desk where you can have them put your luggage while waiting for your room to be prepared. However, be sure to have a lock on ALL your things. We had our laptop stolen in the supposedly "secure" luggage storage area at one of the deluxe resorts. I'm sure that many people have had no problem with this, but on this particular day, I found it odd that the Orange Co. sheriff's dept was at our resort when we returned from the park to check into our room. As this was right before we found our property missing, I can only assume they were there for the same reason (as they were going thru the storage area) but for someone else. So, be sure to secure your belongings, and when you read/hear..."not repsonsible for lost/STOLEN articles"...trust me...they mean what they say. They take NO responsiblity ! :soapbox: (sorry, just want everyone to be aware)

LVT
06-06-2010, 05:49 PM
6 times. We arrive at POP at 0700 or earlier and take the luggage to bell services. We do not take valuables on vacation. You could take a soft sided cooler for the car for temperature sensitive stuff. You can check in around 7AM even if no room is ready. Get tickets, get bus and go.

Darbylew
06-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I know at the moderate resorts they will hold
your luggage for you until you check in and also
when you check out and want to go to a park on
the last day they will store your luggage for you
until you are ready to depart. :mickey: