PDA

View Full Version : Resort You'd Like To Stay At, But Haven't

PopeCharming
05-17-2010, 08:56 PM
So, even the most overexposed and experienced WDW traveller among us hasn't stayed at EVERY resort...right?

Out of all the resorts you haven't stayed at, which would you most like to check off your list?

I'd love to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I enjoyed walking around the place when I ate at Boma, and love the architecture and design of the place a great deal.

Although I've heard mixed reviews, I'd like to give Saratoga Springs a try. I live only about 30 miles west of the real Saratoga Springs, and it would be a bit surreal to go to Florida, in order to stay at a place themed after my neck of the woods!

elorac
05-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Value: Art of Animation (well, in 2012, that is)

Moderate: Coronado Springs

Deluxe: Contemporary and Polynesian

biodtl
05-17-2010, 09:07 PM
I have never stayed at a deluxe - it's just too much for us to afford, and we are park commandos anyway. But I would be very excited to stay at AKL (for the amazing decor and theming), WL (ditto - plus the boat to MK), and Poly (for all the above, plus the monorail).

SBETigg
05-17-2010, 09:24 PM
We love the monorail deluxes, so much so that it has kept us from trying some other resorts. We got close to staying at the Yacht Club in April but had to cancel. I'm finally trying the Dolphin this year, because I have a conference there. Really looking forward to it, actually. I would love to try the Beach or Yacht Club and the AKL.

plutosnana
05-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Animal kingdom lodge, and probably lots of other ones! :mickey:

Basket Mommy
05-17-2010, 09:29 PM
We're DVC members, and I'd honestly never want to go to any resort that wasn't DVC now that we're used to the extra room ; )

We've never stayed at AKL, BLT, Treehouse Villas or OKW. I'd love to stay @ AKL in a Savannah view room in the main building. I think the kids would love watching the animals from there. Hubby always says no to AKL because he thinks it's too far from the other parks. BLT with a MK view would be a dream for us, because my favorite trip that we've ever taken was spent in a MK view room on the 12th floor of the Contemporary. Right now it just costs too many points for a 2BR MK view. Old Key West is an option we've thought about because a 3BR Villa is kind of cheap compared to other 3BRs, but it's not high on my list of places to stay. Treehouse Villas don't appeal to me at all for some reason. Too rustic, I guess.

We have loved our stays at BWV, BCV and SSR. We love staying in The Springs @ SSR because it's right across the street from the pool area. We stayed @ WL a lot before we joined DVC, but we've never stayed in the Villas there. I'd love to stay there again. It was one of my favorite places that we've stayed.

My favorite place we've ever stayed was at the Grand Floridian. We spent our honeymoon there in a honeymoon suite, and it was a dream vacation. We went back to a h'moon suite for our 10th anniversary. It was bliss. We'll be going back to Disney in January for our 15th anniversary, and we haven't decided where we're staying yet.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-17-2010, 09:46 PM
I've always wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge. When I was a young adult, and Disney was well out of my price range, I'd still buy the guide books and read and dream. I decided then I wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge, but, we've fallen in love with POFQ, so we've never stayed there.

I'd also like to try the Treehouse Villas, and DH wants to stay at the Poly, since it is one of the originals!

Superzeus84
05-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Ive always wanted to stay at either Poly of Animal Kingdom, the price and the timeframe for us hasnt been right yet.

Superzeus84
05-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Ive always wanted to stay at either Poly of Animal Kingdom, the price and the timeframe for us hasnt been right yet.

I meant or Animal Kingdom

jmj18
05-17-2010, 10:11 PM
For anyone who has the POLY on your list.......it is AWESOME!!!!! My favorite! Next would be the Wildernes Lodge....also Fantastic.

I would like to try The Grand Floridian.

:mickey:

thejens
05-17-2010, 11:03 PM
I've always wanted to try the French Quarter and we are going to in 2 weeks!!!

Mousemates
05-17-2010, 11:19 PM
So, even the most overexposed and experienced WDW traveller among us hasn't stayed at EVERY resort...right?

well, not yet but we are working on it.;) As for the one we would most like to stay at that we've not vacationed in yet, for me it would be the GF

Fastpasssteve
05-18-2010, 03:03 AM
I do love the Saratoga Springs Resort. However, its theme comes from Saratoga Springs, New York...made famous in the late 1800's for their many spa's (people found the waters there to restorative when people had a weak or compromised constitution back in the day--it helped if you were rich, too.) and also because of its equestrian/racing history. It is lovely. Take a look at the Disney site to view photos of this resort.

SurferStitch
05-18-2010, 08:13 AM
We want to try the Beach Club someday. I really love the style and decor.

TikiLounger
05-18-2010, 08:38 AM
Value...Pop Century (June...yay!)

Moderate...Coronado Springs

Deluxe...The Contemporary

Michelle15
05-18-2010, 09:13 AM
There is actually a big list of resorts I want to stay at. But the one at the top is Animal Kingdom Lodge. :mickey:

laprana
05-18-2010, 09:34 AM
I really want to stay at BC or BW someday...hopefully next year! I'd stay at any of the resorts if it meant I'd be in WDW, but those 2 are definitely at the top of my list! :thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
05-18-2010, 09:54 AM
I would LOVE to stay at the Contemporary in the Tower with a MK view.

I would also like to stay at WL...that we will probably do in a few years. :thumbsup:

c&d
05-18-2010, 10:02 AM
I'd love to stay at the Poly, so many people rave about here that I can't wait to stay. I'd also like to stay in the Tower at the Contemporary. We stayed in one of the wings and it just wasn't that much fun.

disneykid@hrt
05-18-2010, 10:13 AM
There are MANY that I dream of staying at.

1. Cinderella's Castle Suite. (Just for one night, though. I heard it's noisy and you're stuck in the building at night.)

2. Become a DVC owner @ BLT. MK view.

3. AKL.

I haven't stayed at a monorail resort as an adult, and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do so. :mickey:

sassy2000
05-18-2010, 10:19 AM
I have always wanted to stay at the Poly but would also love to try Beach Club. I've stayed at AKL and it is FANTASTIC! I could be happy staying there for now on.

pixiedustct
05-18-2010, 10:33 AM
I would say the poly or akl. They both just seem to be themed to the T and I've heard only great things about both of them! Just a little out of the budget for now but I can always dream! :mickey:

SallyMcQueen
05-18-2010, 10:37 AM
I'd like to stay at Beach Club because we really like the whole feel of the area and being so close to EPCOT. I also would like to try GF just for its proximity to MK.

Ian
05-18-2010, 10:38 AM
So I've stayed at most of the resorts ... the full list:

Grand Floridian
Contemporary
Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge
Beach Club Resort
Beach Club Villas
Yacht Club
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Villas
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Walt Disney World Swan
Walt Disney World Dolphin
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
Port Orleans Riverside
Port Orleans French Quarter
All Star Movies
All Star Sports
Pop Century
Saratoga Springs
Old Key West
And yes ... even the Cinderella Castle Suite :D
So basically, any resort that's not on that list is one I want to stay at. Probably top of the list would be Bay Lake Tower, considering we've owned there for almost two years and haven't stayed there yet!

crltkcagle
05-18-2010, 10:51 AM
AKL and Grand Floridian are on my must do one day list!

renecat
05-18-2010, 11:10 AM
AKL on the Savana.

brownie
05-18-2010, 11:52 AM
I'd like to stay at the Contemporary if we can ever work out the budget to be able to do so.

wdwnutz
05-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Our next trip I would like to try POFQ, our last moderate to try. Someday, I'd like to stay at the FW cabins or FW Resort.

Fastpasssteve
05-18-2010, 02:51 PM
While I've been to 1900 Park Fare, Garden View Afternoon Tea, and Narcoosee's, I've never stayed at the Grand Floridian. It looks lovely and gracious.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Any Deluxe, especially AKL Savannah View or Poly.

CanadianWDWFan
05-18-2010, 03:49 PM
We have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary so we could walk to MK. We are living the dream in just over a week's time!!! We check out of OKW and check into CR next Friday.

E-OR
05-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Value: New Animation Resort when it opens
Deluxe: WL and really want to try Polynesian and Beach Club

Gator
05-18-2010, 05:06 PM
I would love to stay at the Boardwalk. I thought I had a chance when I bought some DVC points, but just couldn't make it work. I just think it would be cool to be able to walk into Epcot. A dream come true.

And Ian....you stink!:D

ANG
05-18-2010, 05:32 PM
I truly want to try them all!

But after our trip this year to BLT, I'd like to stay at the Treehouse Villas.

Ian
05-18-2010, 05:34 PM
And Ian....you stink!:DMan, if you can smell me all the way from Modesto I better consider switching to a new deodorant! ;)

McLiberal8
05-18-2010, 05:43 PM
I have always wanted to stay @ the Contemp. I love the look of that hotel - but I have always been too poor to stay there :(
I need to branch out from value resorts, definatly. lol

GrmGrninGost
05-18-2010, 05:47 PM
The Grand Floridian. We have spent a good bit of time exploring there but have not actually stayed there yet. Oh well, perhaps in the coming years! :mickey:

Spang88
05-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Would love to stay at the Grand Floridian!

Tinker Fan
05-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Would love to stay at WL and Polynesian if we can ever afford it. Our very first trip in 2005 we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and it was so awesome.:mickey:

AllDisney
05-19-2010, 05:46 PM
I would one day love to stay at the Poly. Second choice would be Grand Floridian. These wishes are based on the fact that I could afford them:thumbsup:

StuckinOz
05-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Poly & Contemporary - maybe someday!

jnfr2424
05-20-2010, 08:32 AM
So I've stayed at most of the resorts ... the full list:

Grand Floridian
Contemporary
Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge
Beach Club Resort
Beach Club Villas
Yacht Club
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Villas
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Walt Disney World Swan
Walt Disney World Dolphin
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
Port Orleans Riverside
Port Orleans French Quarter
All Star Movies
All Star Sports
Pop Century
Saratoga Springs
Old Key West
And yes ... even the Cinderella Castle Suite :D
So basically, any resort that's not on that list is one I want to stay at. Probably top of the list would be Bay Lake Tower, considering we've owned there for almost two years and haven't stayed there yet!

ok Ian you and I are almost on par except that I haven't stayed at the Cinderella's Suite and I have stayed at BLT (3 times already!!) the only one I haven't stayed at is Saratoga Springs!

DonLefNY
05-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Have not done Bay Lake Towers yet. Really want to.

darthmacho
05-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Well, I haven't had the chance to stay at too many, so I have a LOT to choose from.

I guess my dream visit would be to stay at the AKL with the Savannah View. I hope I can do that some day. :mickey:

eeyorepoohfan
05-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Ian- How did you get lucky enough to stay in the castle suite?!?!?!?! That was MY dream!! :cloud9:Congrats though!

I have only stayed at one Deluxe (Wilderness Lodge) and loved it! I would love to stay there again. But since you asked for a resort we haven't stayed at and want to, I would say:

:mickey:Deluxe: Contempory with Magic Kingdom view. But I also think it would be great to be at an EPOCT resort. So I would probably choose the Yacht because it looks so beautiful!

:mickey:Moderate: POFQ (since I've heard such great things about it) or Coronado (Queen beds!)

:mickey:Value: The new Animation Resort (when it opens!)

kemps@wdw
05-21-2010, 11:10 PM
I think I'd like to try the Boardwalk area, mainly because of it's proximity to Epcot.

jkjs
05-22-2010, 10:33 PM
We have 5 more(1 mod & 4 deluxe) then we can start on the DVC's.
5~FWC
4~Yacht Club
3~Beach Club
2~Grand Floridian
1~CR Tower MK view

MushuGrl
05-23-2010, 01:48 AM
I would love to stay at Wilderness Lodge. Mainly at Christmas.

TiggerFan13
05-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I would have to say the Contemporary and Coronado Springs. And lucky for us, We will be staying at the Contemporary at the end of August.:D

Jenemmy
05-24-2010, 05:02 PM
I would like to give Boardwalk a whirl. I have found that I really enjoy being in the Epcot resort area, and the pics I have seen on line of the rooms there look great.

I also would not complain if someone wanted to put me up at BLT :mickey:

The only Moderate I have tried is POFQ, so I honestly wouldn't mind exploring all the others as well.

AdventurerKim
05-25-2010, 12:51 PM
I would love to stay at the Grand Floridian since we've never stayed there and really want to go back to Poly. Perhaps I will do both if the Powerball gods smile on us tomorrow night! :thumbsup:

ShanPooh
05-29-2010, 01:08 AM
I've always wanted to stay at the Poly! :tikki:

ryca1dreams
05-30-2010, 09:14 AM
As a kid (it was a while back) I always thought the Contemporary was cool - so futuristic with your own monorail going through the resort. Wow!

That would be my pick.

Seasonscraps
05-30-2010, 10:30 AM
AKL and Poly.

LudwigVonDrake
05-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Contemporary :mickey: