PDA

View Full Version : GCH Trip Report - Day 2

ozmom
05-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Woke up bright and early to head out for our Magic Morning (early entry) at Disneyland. Slept good the night before - bed was very comfortable. Did find out that monorail would be closed today as it was the day before due to maintenance. As entering the park, noticed that someone was arguing with a CM about why they could not enter the park. Poor CM was trying to explain about Magic Mornings. Headed to our first rides of the day Buzz Lightyear and then Space Mountain. Headed over to Fantasy Land to do Peter Pan, we had approx. 30 min wait for Peter Pan. At this point Magic Morning was over so after Peter Pan we headed over to Matterhorn. We then headed on into Toon Town and rode Roger Rabbit, walked around and had a bite to eat.

We were going to have a late lunch at Blue Bayou, as in all my years of going to Disneyland have never been. We started reviewing the schedule for the CA Food & Wine festival and decided that our lunch time might interfere with one of the demonstrations we wanted to see - so we headed over to BB to see if we could change the reservation to the next day. No problem we were able to get the time changed.

Next was pirates and then over to California Adventure, first we hit up Toy Story Mania and then the Food & Wine festival. We saw the demonstration and then headed over to Aladdin as I had never seen this show and had heard great things about this show and didn't want to miss it before it was going to close in August (have since learned that has been changed) Finally got in to see the show and enjoyed it very much, it was worth the wait.

Time for another demonstration, just barely made it in as each session was filling up. After the demo we went over to have some tapas, had a hard time finding the location. Felt not too smart after finding the location, we were standing in front of the building the whole time and didn't realize.

After our tapas we headed back over to Disneyland to hit some rides there as California Adventure was closing at 6 and Disneyland at 8 this night. This was okay as we wanted to watch Survivor at 8. Did some more rides and then headed back to the hotel trying to decide what to have for dinner. We originally had thought we would try Tortilla Joe's but the whole restaurant was booked for a private party, as we were walking by Storyteller's we checked out the menu and decided to give them a try. We were very happy with this meal, the carved New York Loin was delicious, I also loved the cooked carrots, they reminded me of the carrots my great grandmother use to make us when we were kids.

After dinner headed back up to the room to watch survivor and get ready for sleep. We were happy that the new refrigerator was working so we would have cold drinks in the room. We had a busy day and were sound asleep by 10pm.

It was another great day. I have fallen in love with this hotel. :mickey:

BrerGnat
05-17-2010, 07:19 PM
It was another great day. I have fallen in love with this hotel. :mickey:

Us too! It's our favorite Disney hotel (well, okay, maybe tied with Beach Club after our spring break trip there...) :cloud9: We stay there every year for 3 nights even though we only live 15 min away. LOVE GCH!!!

Sounds like you had a very productive and fun day! How did you like the food (tapas) you tried? I love that cheese soup and the little beef sliders! Oh, and the chocolate Ghirardelli protiferole. Yum!

pdrlkr
06-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Tigerinvestigator
07-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Good report. Blue Bayou is one of the things I am looking forward to at the DLR.