PDA

View Full Version : Online check in and paying for DDP?

laprana
05-17-2010, 01:50 PM
We'll be arriving at BLT this Sunday, and we're thinking about doing the online check-in before we leave. I've never done online check-in before, but I understand that there is a section during the process to enter your credit card information.

My question is that we have added the DDP onto our reservation, which we always just pay for at check in. Would this change at all if we did the online check-in and entered our credit card # during that process? Would we still have to give the CM our credit card to pay for the DDP?

The reason I ask is because we have a couple gift cards that we are going to put toward the DDP cost, and then pay the balance for it with the credit card. I wasn't sure if we could do this if we did the online check-in.

Thanks in advance for any help and info you can provide! :mickey:

Checkers
05-17-2010, 02:51 PM
:mickey:Just arrived home from a fabulous 8 day stay at the BCVs. We did online checkin and I entered my cc info but when we checked in (btw, the online checkin line was tied up with a family having some sort of problem so we were directed to regular checkin) and they had no record of our cc#! Anyway, I think it would be a good idea to use online checkin, entering your cc# and then when you checkin just make sure you tell them you want to add your gift cards to the ddp amount due. There should be no problem. The CM asked me if I just wanted the dp added to my cc (which I supplied again). I purchased APs for my 2 DGDs at Guest Services at the International Gateway and used a combination of Disney Visa Rewards Dollars and gift cards and just paid the balance with my cc and the CM didn't have a problem with it. Good luck and have a great time -- hope your weather is as good as ours was (not a drop of rain)!

laprana
05-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks so much for the great info! I hope we have weather like you did, too! It's been dreary, rainy, and cold for about 3 weeks straight where I am in IL, so I'm looking forward to some Florida sun! :thumbsup: