PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Deciding on Dining

madhatterrules
05-17-2010, 01:48 PM
We just booked our trip on SAt for August 2010. I've made most of the reservations for dining but still need to make one, and I might switch an existing one to a different restaurant. It's me, my DH, and DD who is 11.

We are booked for: O'Hana, Kona, Chefs de France, 50's Prime Time, Sci-Fi, Grand Floridian Cafe, 1900 Park Fare for Character Breakfast, The Wave, and Tutto Italia (unsure about this one). Working on Le Cellier.

These are a few we are looking at:
Boma
Cape May Cafe
Cap'n Jacks
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Raglan Road

:chef:

GoBlueLacheta
05-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Boma and Wolfgang Puck are good choices. There are lots of options at both and you are not tied into one particular food type. RR and Tutto the choices are more limited.

Julie_Mouse
05-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Big thumbs up for Ohana, Kona, GF Café, and Le Cellier :thumbsup:

IMO Cape May Café is nothing special... I enjoyed the character interaction and the food at Chef Mickey's better, but that may just be personal preference.

Sci Fi sometimes gets a lot of criticism for the food, but personally, I go for the dining 'experience'. I love eating in those cars!

Keep trying for Le Cellier! Good luck :mickey:

markyv
05-17-2010, 02:15 PM
If you haven't eaten at Boma, then do yourself a favor and try it. It is wonderful. My family has been to Disney several times, and we had never discovered Boma until our last trip. It will be an every trip thing from now on. If I remember, you also stated that you had kids. Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness is a can't miss as well. Especially with Kids.

Zippy 1
05-17-2010, 02:19 PM
We hve done Captain Jacks and Cape May. I really enjoyed both. We will be making return trips when we gp again in 2011:mickey:

vicster
05-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Boma is a must for us every trip.

Fastpasssteve
05-18-2010, 03:11 AM
I, too, love Boma...for breakfast and dinner.

It has a wide variety of interesting dishes. I have seen many people on other sites rate and review this restaurant, saying that their kids enjoyed trying new foods, but not being locked into any particular dish...if they didn't like it, they could go back and get something else. They also have some very normal kid food for those who are not courageous.

This place has some of the best roast meats and a couscous dish that drove me crazy. I could have eaten dishes of it. All so delicious! Plus, it is in the Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is amazing to visit. So much to see in the lobby itself. Just beautiful!

5MemphisTiggers
05-19-2010, 12:05 AM
I agree with markyv about Whispering Canyon. We've had lunch and breakfast there, and ordered the skillet meal each time -- all you can eat selections served in (what else) a big skillet. I prefer breakfast there (eggs, pancakes, sausages, bacon, biscuits, etc.), but the lunch was very good too. Lots of fun.

Also, have you considered Biergarten? If you like German food at all, the buffet is great (especially the deserts). It's a fun experience, too. You sit 8 to a table, and we always enjoy meeting folks from other parts of the county (or world). The show is quite entertaining. I'm a big fan (in case you haven't figured that out already). :)

Good luck with Le Cellier. I would trade it for any other ressie (except, perhaps, O'hana). Coffee-rubbed KC strip, pretzel bread and Maple creme brulee . . . mmmmmm. And never give up. Last trip I landed Le Cellier about two weeks before we left. Got in on-line while watching TV.

merrymouse
05-24-2010, 10:15 AM
The only one listed that Ive been to is Boma and we agree it was fantastic. Unique dishes but not so out there that kids won't like it. My kids and entire family thought it was the best buffet we went to. 1900 park fair was a close second.

OnceUponADream93
05-24-2010, 10:51 AM
If you change anything change Sci-Fi...
It's a cool place to eat, but if you actually want decent food, that's the last place I'd go. :sick:

Try to find a way to sneak in Hollywood & Vine, this is definitely my favorite buffet. Great atmosphere, great food, and an overall great experience. :)