PDA

View Full Version : Found my dream job but cant take it

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-17-2010, 12:01 PM
I found my Perfect fit job with Disney today but I cant take it. I am active duty Army and I have three years until I retire. I have done Military Intelligence for almost the entire time and would love it if I could do something along those lines with Disney. SOOOO anyway Today I find this. The job is the Senior Analyst, Global Intelligence and Threat Analysis, anticipates and assesses threats that could harm, or make vulnerable, The Walt Disney Company (TWDC), its employees, guests, or assets and establishes and oversees various special security programs designed to do the same (thier description).
It is an EXACT fit for what I do in the Army. But since I have 3 years until I retire I cant do anything about it. I cant apply, im to far out and they wont answer any questions (ive already called) about any similar jobs again because I am to far out. Whats funny, kinda, is that I have told them I might get out of the Army if the job/pay was right but they wont answer any questions.

The only bad part of this job would have been a required move to Corprate HQ in Burbank and I really dont want to live in the greater LA area.
Sigh

Thanks for listening to me vent for a moment.

Heres to hoping they have something somewhat similar closer to my retirement from the army and that its in Florida.

Michelle15
05-17-2010, 12:13 PM
First and foremost Thank you!
Second Good Luck:mickey:

vicster
05-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Keep your fingers crossed there will be a similar job when you do retire from the Army. The way this crazy world is I wouldn't be surprised.

As a former military brat I soooooooo appreciate your service - thank you.

Sunshine1010
05-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Everything Happens For a Reason. Trust it....

#1donaldfan
05-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks for serving...I'm prior Air Force....I don't necessarily have a dream job there, I just dream about a job there...maybe upon retirement I'll join their ranks....who knows....good luck to you !! :thumbsup: