PDA

View Full Version : Does Disney Go Above and Beyond for DVC Members

ehaimann236
05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey Everyone:

I am interested in hearing stories of how Disney has gone above and beyond there already great service to accommodate you the DVC member.

My Story- As DVC members receive complimentary internet access when using there points. I recently took a trip where I was not using points and didn't know if they provide internet for DVC members who are not using points to stay. I found out they don't but the cast member graciously provided me with 3 complimentary nights of internet.

Your Turn

Donald A
05-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Let me first say that most of the time they know they have your money and they go above and beyond to hope you buy more points.

That being said, I was impressed that my wife and I recently took a cruise on the Disney Wonder (our first cruise ever). My mom (a non-member) paid for the cruise for us as she took us as a family cruise. Obviously we had to give our names but made no payment and used no points. In fact the crusie was booked through AAA.

The second day of the cruise a very nice book / cruise journal was delievered to our room for vacation club members. Obviously, there was some "promotional" information in there but it was a nice book. We went to the DVC desk to inquire how they knew we were onboard (probably some computer made the match) and the lady gave us member hats, buttons, and magnets for our stateroom door.

Even though I know it is about getting us to buy more points, it is still nice that Disney goes out of its way to "welcome home" a member.

DVC2004
05-17-2010, 09:28 AM
We bought SSR from home, sight unseen, before it was built. For the grand opening of the resort, Disney/DVC had a special member's welcome home event. For 3 days there were special members only events, gifts and theme park access at night. It was not free of course, but it was very special and we felt like VIP's when they closed the parks for our special parties. I really wish they would do something like that again or more often (other than the members cruise). It was truly magical and memorable!:mickey:

DVC Mike
05-17-2010, 02:12 PM
We still experience at least one instance of Disney's magical guest service every trip.

Checkers
05-17-2010, 03:32 PM
We still experience at least one instance of Disney's magical guest service every trip.

:mickey:Agree.

PlutoPlanet
05-18-2010, 12:15 PM
We still love Disney Customer Service. They can't always be perfect, but to us they are better than other very good organizations.

ANG
05-18-2010, 05:35 PM
This year we'll be going for the first time as DVC members. I'm wondering what "perks" there will be.

Joannelet
05-18-2010, 09:57 PM
We went to the merry member mixer there in Dec. and we truly had a wonderful experience.
I really enjoyed this little perk. I also did the special sale for DVC members and passholders at the World of Disney store in the wee hours of the morning...wow what deals they had!!! :)
I really thought that was worth it :)

kapeman
06-03-2010, 10:35 AM
This year we'll be going for the first time as DVC members. I'm wondering what "perks" there will be.

You should get a portable perks booklet at checkin.

Mackflava99
06-03-2010, 01:28 PM

I totally agree with this also-

One of my daughters lost a necklace in the pool , we notified lost and found, but it never showed up. Then 1 month later, we got a package- it had been sucked up into a drain.

I was shocked that they found it