PDA

View Full Version : Extinct Attraction you miss the most?

Georgesgirl1
05-16-2010, 08:33 PM
I know this has probably been done already, but I couldn't find it...

What extinct attraction do you miss the most? Why?

zcrsdad
05-16-2010, 08:35 PM
20000 Leagues under the sea

Georgesgirl1
05-16-2010, 08:35 PM
I miss a lot of old rides, but I miss Horizons the most. Probably because I don't like Mission Space at all:sick:. I have ridden it once, and can't see myself riding it again anytime soon (even with the new non-:sick: version)!

WDWNut02
05-16-2010, 08:46 PM
The adventurer's club!!!!!!!

crltkcagle
05-16-2010, 08:54 PM
I just watched a youtube video about the extinct wdw. I really miss Horizons, Kitchen Kabaret, Cranium Command, and the Orginal Figment, Oh and Time Keeper and Alien INvasion. WOW guess i miss alot of the oldies!

magicofdisney
05-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Horizons. :(

TysMomTink
05-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Chalk up another one for Horizons.

PrinceCharming13
05-16-2010, 09:19 PM
The Wonders of Life pavillion.

Fastpasssteve
05-16-2010, 09:21 PM
While Stitch is fine and dandy for youngsters, I miss the scarier Alien Invasion. That thing scared me the first time! Super cool.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
05-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Horizons because it is really what EPCOT is about.

cather74
05-16-2010, 11:09 PM
Horizons. It will always be the ride that reminds me of my childhood and an optimistic future. The smell of oranges makes me weepy.My runner up is Mr. Toad. People should always appreciate a wild ride.:secret:

gollybass
05-17-2010, 02:28 AM
toady

dizne4me
05-17-2010, 06:30 AM
The Skyway .

ryca1dreams
05-17-2010, 08:30 AM
They should have put Mission: Space where Mission to Mars was (if it fit) and kept Horizons.

Personally, I guess I miss (ready) If You Had Wings only because we rode it so much on my very first visit as a kid - no ticket needed. I like Buzz though.

Stu29573
05-17-2010, 08:46 AM
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (when it closed we got nothing better to replace it. That's a BIG no-no for Imagineering)

Horizons (It better summed up the ideals of Epcot than Mission Space and was more family friendly)

World of Motion (I liked the story telling much better than Test Track and it didn't break down every day)

jnfr2424
05-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Hard to pick just one so here's my list!

Horizons - the smell of oranges and Happy Birthday Davey!

World of Motion - oved being in the middle of the traffic jam and seeing the family on a road trip - heck it's fun to be free

Kitchen Kabaret - Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit!

Dreamflight - The Paris scene I could always see something new

Skyway best place to take photos of MK

Superstar TV - Where else can you see classic TV

If you had Wings just because it was the first ride I ever went on back in 1979

Mr. Toad - the headlights!!

Body Wars - IMO better than Start Tours

WEDway Peoplemover - Paging Mr. Tom Morrow classic!

20000 Leagues - being caught by an octopus

CaptainSad
05-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Horizon's for me. Also Spaceship Earth pre December 2007 with either Walter Cronkite or Jeremy Irons. Judy Dench has got to go. They ruined that ride for me...

slegrant
05-17-2010, 09:44 AM
I miss Horizons, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the Skyway, Country Bear Christmas and River Country!

Loweschevy
05-17-2010, 09:55 AM
I am going with the Sykway

Scar
05-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Restaurant Akershus... before the Princesses ruined it.

biodtl
05-17-2010, 10:20 AM
It's a toss-up!

Horizons - because it was so innovative (at the time, at least). I still can remember riding it for the first time and being amazed. I had a long period of no visits and I was so sad to see it gone when I went back.

Mr. Toad - because it was simply a fun ride.

Skyway - because it's one of the attractions that - to me - just reminds me of amusement parks of my youth - all the good ones had one and WDW's was the best. It was great to be able to relax and get a great view, plus a nice way to get to the other side of the park.

And finally If You had Wings - because visiting WDW as a child in the early 70's. I was fascinated by this - it was unlike any ride I had ever experienced. The "speed tunnel" room was the best.

Goofster
05-17-2010, 11:24 AM
River Country - Have a lot of great memories at this sleepy little water park...

The Timekeeper - I loved this ride and I really don't care for its replacement (the Laughfloor), which makes me miss it even more! :(

Ian
05-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Ugh ... do I really have to pick just one??

Okay, so here are my top five and the rationale used to settle on my official selection:

5. If You Had Wings - I loved, loved, loved this attraction when I was a kid. The theme music alone is enough for it to make my list. But at the end of the day, I kind of suspect that if I rode it now I might think, "Huh ... this isn't as good as I remember it."

4. Horizons - Honestly, I have much deeper roots with Magic Kingdom than I do with Epcot. For a variety of reasons, I didn't really visit WDW too often in Epcot's heyday, so I don't have quite as much of a connection with Horizons as others do. I was on it a couple times, though, and it was great. I'd love to have it back, even at the expense of Mission Space which has kinda run its course for me.

3. The Skyway - The views afford from the Skyway and the ability to sit back, relax, and put your feet up make it one of the most sorely missed attractions for me. That being said, there was a bit of an "eyesore" side effect from seeing Magic Kingdom from the sky (in that you could see backstage areas and the roofs and all) that prevents this from being my top choice.

2. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - This would absolutely be my top pick were it not for one thing ... I can still ride it in Disneyland.

1. Journey Into Imagination - To me, the original JIY wins this award hands down. It has all the makings of a tragic extinction ... it was an amazing attraction, unique in every way, it's replacement stinks, and it doesn't exist anywhere else in the world.

BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL!!! LONG LIVE FIGMENT!!!

PETE FROM NYC
05-17-2010, 11:50 AM
I miss most of the attractions mentioned.
Now for a few additions:
Energy, before they turned it into a joke
The Living Seas, now also a joke
Diamond Horseshoe
Legend of the Lion King
Mickey Mouse Revue

grumpyguy
05-17-2010, 11:57 AM
i would have to say 20k leagues under the sea.
here's what i remember about it.long wait times,hot and smelly once on the sub.really,really awesome ride.
also,i would vote for mr.toad's wild ride.i don't ever recall riding the ride (other than utube)but
from what i've read here on intercot it is one truely missed by others:(

AJ Springfield
05-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Mr. Toads Wild Ride-- a classic!!

I never rode on the Skyway--but I would have LOVED it!!! Drats!

dobby2010
05-17-2010, 12:22 PM
I miss the enitre wonders of life pavillion, it still sits there, unused. Why they didn't just update a little bit and keep it open.

DVC2004
05-17-2010, 12:24 PM
I miss 20,000 Leauges. I liked it and I remember it. My husband misses World of Motion ( was where Test Track is he said? I don't remember that one). I only went once as a small child and one more time at age 14- then not again until I was an adult so my memories are faint. I also miss the Adventurer's Club.

biodtl
05-17-2010, 12:44 PM
If You Had Wings - I loved, loved, loved this attraction when I was a kid. The theme music alone is enough for it to make my list. But at the end of the day, I kind of suspect that if I rode it now I might think, "Huh ... this isn't as good as I remember it."
Ian - I was thinking the same thing - that if I rode it today, it wouldn't be quite the same. But even though the WOW factor might not be there - the nostalgia would get me.

Spang88
05-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Skyway for me- Lots of good attractions listed here, but I loved the views and as someone else said it was a cool way to get to the other side of the park.

On a side note, maybe I miss it most because it was on that ride, on our honeymoon, that my wife and I (after months of deliberation) finally decided to both make a career change that has continued to make us both very happy.

PopeCharming
05-17-2010, 01:32 PM
I miss late 1980s Disney World! I love the original JII and Horizons; between the two I would give perhaps a slight edge to JII...it lived up to its name...it was the most wonderously imaginative thing I had ever seen. Horizons was at least given the dignity of having a worthy replacement. JII did not.

For what its worth, I also miss Dreamflight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Cabarello-free El Rio de Tiempo, Short-free O Canada, Kitchen Kaberet, and American Journeys. I'm not a luddite- some of the newer rides are quite good-- Test Track, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Soarin'...but I miss the spirit of World in the late 80s and early 90s. :(

wdwfansince75
05-17-2010, 04:05 PM
I miss Horizons most...although I would love to take my DGK's on the rides I enjoyed with my kids...20,000 leagues, Toad, If you had wings, the Skyway....really loved going from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland...Imagination, and World of Motion.

MMFreak
05-17-2010, 04:07 PM

I agree :thumbsup:

GoBlueLacheta
05-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Horizons, Alien Encounter, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, the Original Backlot Tour was 90x better, Cranium Command, and the old Communicore after Spaceship earth now it's just 4 attractions that no one takes turns on, and I don't have the patience to stand and watch someone take four turns on the activity.:mickey:

Daisy'sMom
05-17-2010, 07:12 PM
1 Horizons
2 World of Motion
3 Skyway
4 Original Journey into the Imagination
5 If You Had Wings
:mickey:

pianobabe
05-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Cranium Command (funny) and Food Rocks (loved the music).

badkitty
05-17-2010, 07:56 PM
1. Journey Into Imagination - To me, the original JIY wins this award hands down. It has all the makings of a tragic extinction ... it was an amazing attraction, unique in every way, it's replacement stinks, and it doesn't exist anywhere else in the world.

I couldn't agree more. I still don't understand why they changed the ride and removed the "imagination" elements and the uniqueness of Dreamfinder's stage. My mom loved the original so much, she named our dog Figment.

So I repeat:

BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL FIGMENT!

ibrowse17
05-17-2010, 08:09 PM
20K for me. As a kid, I also enjoyed the old airliner type ride that used to be in Tomorrowland. Where Buzz is at now. Does anyone remember it's name??

TinkerbellsMom
05-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Another vote for Horizons and original Figment!!

PopeCharming
05-17-2010, 08:48 PM
20K for me. As a kid, I also enjoyed the old airliner type ride that used to be in Tomorrowland. Where Buzz is at now. Does anyone remember it's name??

You are thinking of Delta Dreamflight, or if you are half a generation older than me, If You Had Wings.

ibrowse17
05-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Ah yes... "If You Had Wings"!! Thanks:thumbsup:

doombuggygal
05-18-2010, 02:03 AM
I vote for Alien Encounter!

TikiLounger
05-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Alien Encounter
20,000 Leagues (I never got to see it, but it was my husband's favorite)

brownie
05-18-2010, 11:53 AM
I wish Horizons was still there.

GrmGrninGost
05-18-2010, 05:45 PM
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I thought it was awesome (I love the movie!)! I also miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Horizons.:(

lettripp
05-18-2010, 06:03 PM
The Adventurers Club and Mr. Toad

tink'72
05-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Mr. Toad's wild ride and 20,000 league's

magicalmom
05-18-2010, 09:52 PM
20,000 Leagues
Adventurer's Club
Journey into Imagination
Swan boats (never got to ride them!)
Timekeeper

AHOTE
05-18-2010, 11:44 PM
The adventurer's club!!!!!!!

:ditto:

waymickey
05-19-2010, 11:18 AM
discovery Island
World of Motion
Original figment
Mr. toad

diz_girl
05-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Mr. Toad
Skyway
Horizons
Discovery Island
River Country :(

madhatterrules
05-19-2010, 01:56 PM
If You Had Wings
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea:mickey:

Gator
05-19-2010, 03:41 PM
I can't say I miss anything a whole lot. I did like Alien Encounter, but it never was very Disney to me. I'm suprised at the hate for Mission:Space. That ride kicks bootie. It's way more fun than Horizons.

I guess the one thing I really miss is DHS having Fantasmic on every night. I avoid the days that they show it, so I guess I miss Fantasmic.

Donald Duck Rules
05-20-2010, 12:31 PM
I miss the original EPCOT that was more Worlds Fair than amusement park so that would include Horizons, World of Motion and Journey to Imagination the original....although I do enjoy Soarin

@ WDW

If You had Wings....favorite as a child (happy to see I am not alone). We would always fly Eastern down from NY

Mr Toad...fun ride can't see why they couldn't build the POOH ride as a "new" attraction

20,000 Leagues....something about fake fish that amazed me

artyboy
05-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Horizons...my favorite ride ever...seconded by World of Motion.

Scorpiosammy
05-20-2010, 09:13 PM
By far, my favorite extinct attraction was Horizons :( It was the first thing I went on when I went to Epcot. I miss the smell of the oranges and the whole idea of colonies in the sea, space, and desert :thumbsup: It was such a positive ride, that IMHO gave one such hope for the future :)

I also miss how Journey into Imagination used to be with Dreamfinder. I am SO sad at the state it is now. I do not even go on it anymore.

Test Track is fun, but I miss the old World of Motion. My favorite part was the discovery of the wheel and the different vehicle inventions (the centaur was so cute! I'm a Greek history / myth buff so just overlook me on that one ;) )

Dreamflight was always a good one. As a previous poster said, the Paris scene (and the Japan scene) was so unique.

The Pirates re-vamp after the movies is about the only re-do I really like (since I love the PotC movies anyways ;) )

Bethanymouse
05-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Definitely Toad

plutosnana
05-21-2010, 06:49 AM
Old tta audio!!! :(:(:(:(:( how could they!

Tinkerbell19
05-21-2010, 10:08 AM
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Dreamflight

:(

MNNHFLTX
05-21-2010, 10:58 AM
I love Mission: Space, but I do miss Horizons.

denygold
05-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Another vote for Horizons

ransam
05-21-2010, 06:18 PM
I'd vote for the toad ride...not sure why, but i really liked that ride.

eeyorepoohfan
05-21-2010, 07:11 PM
:number1:HORIZONS!! My sister and I were talking about it when we were at WDW in December! Great memories!

:number1:The original Bakclot Express. The new one is short and boring to me.

:number1:River Country! This is the one water park at WDW we got to go to when we were younger. I miss the simplicity. Though I always thought a gator was going to eat me when I was there!

:number1:Mr. Toad's. However, I got to ride it at Disneyland last weekend so I got my fix again!

:thumbsup:I'm glad they did update EPCOT over the years, and probably appeals more to the younger generations (I'm 30). So I think I just miss being able to ride the rides I rode when I was younger. :( Even though they may seem "cheesy" by some of today's standards, they were still very memorable and fun to us!

SandmanGStefani24
05-22-2010, 12:34 PM
im probably in the minority here, but i miss Body Wars. It was one of my favorite rides. It was educational, and fun. I was sad to see it go.

I also love Test Track, but the old World of Motion ride was another one I liked as well.

Lastly, El Rio Del Tiempo!! I miss it, and wish WDW hadn't messed with a good thing.

ltjrrich
05-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Organizing my list of rides I miss by park:

MK
First and foremost - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. My favorite part of the one trip I ever took to California was going to Disneyland and getting to ride Mr. Toad again. Not to disrespect the Winnie the Pooh ride, or even Winnie the Pooh himself - the new ride is certainly cute and fun - but I miss Toad.

20,000 Leagues - I loved loved loved this ride as a kid. I was 100% convinced that we were all in a submarine going through the ocean. In fact, I honestly still have trouble believing it was only a ride. Even seeing it from the Skyway couldn't convince me it wasn't really going underwater and out to sea.

The Old Tomorrowland - Tomorrowland was always my favorite land. It still is, and I do like all the current attractions there (except for Stitch), but I miss the Tomorrowland of my youth. I miss Dreamflight. I am old enough to have been on If You Had Wings, but not old enough to remember it. LOL. I remember going on Dreamflight, and thinking that the ride was a little different, but I don't remember what came before it really. Dreamflight was great, though. I will also say I miss the original Buzz Lightyear ride, before the days when they took your picture as you fired at Zurg. The flash from the camera directly in my face really hurts my eyes, and I don't like it. Ruins the ride for me.

I miss the Space Mountain queuing area from a few years ago, when they had the TV's throughout the boarding area. They really helped pass the time while waiting.

On a related note, I miss the WEDway People Mover/old TTA for one big reason: being able to see into Space Mountain. Oh sure, I miss the old narration too, but the big thing that I don't like now is the inability to see into Space Mountain and look at how long the line is. Is that why they got rid of that - because people were opting not to ride based on seeing the length of the line from the TTA?

I'm mixed on Timekeeper. I do miss it, but I'm a big fan of the Laugh Floor. I think it's a brilliant show.

Here's one no one else mentioned: Mission to Mars. I guess I'm the only one who puts the "miss" into Mission to Mars. I thought it was absolutely fascinating. I also enjoyed the pre-show, with the audio-animatronic mission control and the bird setting off the security alarms.

The only thing I kind of miss from the Carousel of Progress is "Now is the Time." But thanks to the miracle of mp3s I have it on my computer.

The Enchanted Tiki Room - "What's this?" you say. "That still exists!" Yes, but not the original one. If going to Disneyland and riding Mr. Toad was my #1 favorite moment of being there, then #2 was being able to see the original Tiki Room. I miss it a lot, although no one in my family does. LOL - my parents both hated it, and they don't really like the new show either, but I always loved the Tiki Room. Again, thanks to the miracle of mp3 I have the original opening on my computer. "In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room, in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room..." You know the rest.

The Mike Fink Keelboats
the song on the Walt Disney World Express. Anyone else remember that? The song on the train that circles the MK? "We're rolling, we're rolling on the Disney Express! We're rolling on the Walt Disney World Express!"

Frozen pink lemonade bars sold at the ice cream carts throughout the park

and the brief period when the Hall of Presidents had the break-dancing Chester A. Arthur (just checking to see if you're paying attention)

Epcot
Communicore - no, I'm not kidding. I really miss Communicore. I LOVED those touch-screen computers! I'd give anything to be able to play that one game they had where you had to re-route the weather by touching cities on the computer screen. Or the one where you picked up the phone and gave vocal directions to the mouse in the maze to reach the cheese. I also miss those video screens where you could make lunch and dinner reservations in EPCOT (that's another thing, I miss the park being called EPCOT Center) and the person taking the reservation could actually see you. I thought my mom was crazy when she was talking to the TV the first time we ever went to EPCOT, and then it scared the pants off me when the TV talked back! Oh yeah...I miss those pants, too. I thought that was the coolest thing that you could use video screens to make reservations. I also remember that the first time we went to EPCOT and my mom used the screen, the cast member taking the reservation looked a lot like Dave Coulier.

Horizons - I loved seeing the possible future. I also loved being able to choose the way we could return back - I always loved the space one.

World of Motion - two words: Gary Owens. Also, the caveman blowing on his feet - something my mom and I still reference on trips to WDW after all the walking

The original Journey into the Imagination - "Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow..." Oh Figment...not going to cry...not going to cry...:crying:

I miss old EPCOT Center so much, that on my most recent trip I bought a green soccer shirt that has not only the old EPCOT Center logo, but also the old logos of the original rides. Remember those? Like the waves inside the circle for The Living Seas.

Studios
I do miss it being called MGM. Much easier to say that "Hollywood Studios" or even just "Studios"

Sony Superstar Television - it was a hilarious show, and on separate trips I got to be Little Joe on Bonanza, and The Skipper on Gilligan's Island (it's the part I was born to play!) One time my dad got to be the cue card guy for the moon landing. Also, as a Mets fan, I always enjoyed the Howard Cosell interview with the kid who got to be a Mets player. BTW, does anyone remember WHO the kid was supposed to be? I want to say Howard Johnson, but I could be wrong.

The Monster Sound Show - Chevy Chase + Martin Short = the most brilliant thing ever. As a kid, and as an adult for that matter, I was a HUGE fan of both Chevy Chase and Martin Short. I grew up with old episodes of SNL and SCTV on Nick at Nite, and I grew up watching their various 80's movies on HBO. So seeing the two of them in a Disney attraction was the most incredible thing I could possibly imagine. It also helped that the show was hilarious, especially when people couldn't get the sound effects to sync up.

Non-park things
Pleasure Island - I was never old enough to go, and then when I finally DID become old enough, everything was gone!

the game room on the 1st floor of the Contemporary - It was HUGE! Even if we were staying at a different resort, I'd always go there for at least one afternoon. It was my favorite arcade on property, and even my favorite arcade ANYWHERE!

I think an interesting topic spurring from this would be: What attractions and things are you glad to see gone? Like those awful boats at the AK that circled Discovery Island. On the rare occasions they were running at all they were always overcrowded, and it was very boring.

DisneyNut6777
05-22-2010, 02:35 PM
I miss the main street "Penny Arcade" I miss it alot, Main street is not the same as it was in the 80's, Even though it would be corny now, I will always have fond memories of the "Mission to Mars", and "If You Had Wings".:mickey:

ltjrrich
05-22-2010, 06:29 PM
I miss the main street "Penny Arcade" I miss it alot, Main street is not the same as it was in the 80's, Even though it would be corny now, I will always have fond memories of the "Mission to Mars", and "If You Had Wings".:mickey:

The Penny Arcade! Yes! I was devastated when it was gone. Same for the old movie theater on Main Street that showed the old cartoons.

pokci
05-22-2010, 09:21 PM
The old Universe of Energy
Everything in Wonders of Life
The old Living Seas with the hydrolators
Food Rocks
Horizons
Akershus before the princesses
Gary Sinese (spelling?) at CP
More attentive and happier cast members
Crisper details and upkeep at the parks

I miss EPCOT... :(

pokci
05-22-2010, 09:23 PM
one more...

the "snow" that would fall during Silent Night at the CP. When the German version would end and the audience would join in, there would be light "snow"... :cloud9:

Georgesgirl1
05-22-2010, 09:38 PM

Oh gosh, I totally agree. Figment was my favorite character when I was little and I would spend my souvenir money on anything wasn't Figment related. I am glad they brought Figment back in this last incarnation, but he just isn't the same.

MKFD43
05-23-2010, 06:25 PM
I miss:
The main street magic shop
The penny arcade
Discovery island
River Country
The Sunday brunch at the Poly(where ohanas is now)
2000 leauges
Toadie
The real electric parade

donnine
05-23-2010, 08:42 PM
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (when it closed we got nothing better to replace it. That's a BIG no-no for Imagineering)

Horizons (It better summed up the ideals of Epcot than Mission Space and was more family friendly)

World of Motion (I liked the story telling much better than Test Track and it didn't break down every day)

These are exactly the 3 attractions my husband and I came up with.

OnceUponADream93
05-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Alien Encounter... And Jeremy Irons on SE! :( <3
ANNND The Hunchback of Notre Dame show at the Studios.

AdventurerKim
05-25-2010, 12:42 PM
1. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
2. Horizons
3. World of Motion
4. Skyway
5. Original Journey Into Imagination
6. Monster Sound Show
7. Superstar TV

tiggerbuddy
06-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Horizons by far !!!

Tekneek
06-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Hard to pick just one... I really miss Future World, so here is the top 3:

1. Horizons
2. World of Motion
3. Journey into Imagination

Joannelet
06-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Definitely Mr. Toad's Wild RIde for me. But like previous posters mentioned I was sooo happy to ride it in Disneyland :)

20,000 Leagues under the Sea. I can remember thinking oh my gosh we are going deeper? I remember me and my sisters holding hands everytime on that ride cause we REALLY thought we were deep in the water :) LOL

Horizons. My entire family loved this ride. It was our favorite in Epcot.

I saw someone previously mentioned the Candlelight Processional snow. I thought they still did that during Silent Night....? no? did they discontinue that too!? I miss the doves flying out at the end of the show. That was truly touching. They did the doves when I sang in the cast member tree in 1998. Not sure when they stopped that but I wish they still did that....

AllDisney
06-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Original Figment & Horizons:mad:

magicalmom
06-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Oh - also, Body Wars and Cranium Command

caryrae
06-27-2010, 07:56 PM
The old hot dogs at Casey's Corner.

EpcotFan182
06-28-2010, 11:26 AM
I miss the Wonders of Life pavilion and the original Backlot Tour

Disneyfamilyoffive
06-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Skyway just loved the view, as well as Mr. Toads wilde ride. :mickey:

Michelle15
06-28-2010, 12:53 PM

I think this is my DH's too.

MCeee
06-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Horizons!

kemps@wdw
06-29-2010, 09:09 PM
"Skyway"

Emme&TeddysMommy
06-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Oooooo good question! I f I had to choose just one. Horizons I still can recall the sweet smell of the oranges:thumbsup:

Zawadi
06-30-2010, 04:51 AM
The original animation tour where on a weekday you could see the animators at work.

Can still remember a guy who gave a demonstration by drawing Koda

Scrappy2
06-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Oh there are so many...
I really miss 2000 Leagues under the sea
Horizons, Dreamflights, If you had wings, the Sky buckets...

CU Tiger
06-30-2010, 09:53 AM
I actually miss the "Skyway". I loved taking the ride from fantasy land to tomorrow land. It was a nice relaxing ride and a neat view of the MK.:mickey:

darthmacho
06-30-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm going to have to say Alien Encounter, which was a great attraction IMHO. :mickey:

Laughin' place
06-30-2010, 08:31 PM
MK : Mr Toad - I love that ride and have many fond memories with my father and my boys

Epcot: Horizons - this ride was the essence of Futureworld. Its a shame the way it was "retired" way before its time. WDW really missed on this one.

DS: the REAL backlot tour. It was so so much better than the hollow shell that is left

AK: Tarzan show was fun, and the bad river boats are the only other extinct I can think of ...