PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever been to Sesame Place?

disneykid@hrt
05-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Hey everybody! We're thinking of packing up and heading out to Sesame Place for a long weekend in August or September... It really depends on $$$ right now. We have a 2 year old. She LOVES Elmo. (Don't all 2 year olds?) I haven't found any real planning sites for the Place and I'd be interesting in hearing of anybody else's experience there. Does it get really busy? Has anyone done the character breakfast? Any and all input would be much appreciated...

terri110874
05-16-2010, 07:29 PM
We have gone several times. It was a blast. Character were good with my son. We have gone in July and end of May. It was very busy in July. End of Aug maybe less busy .

As for the character meals, we have done lunch and breakfast. My opinion, breakast was better. Only reason I say this was after a hot day in the sun lunch was not something we wanted to do Yes it was cool in there (very cold after being wet and coming into an AC room) but not feeling up to par from being in the sun.

2 day is plenty to do this place. Can be done in one day but we found spreading it out worked for us. I had a less cranky boy.

We stay in Holiday express which is only 2 blocks away. It was clean and we had no issues. It did have an outside small pool. There is a Motel 6 across the street from this hotel.

If you google Bucks county in PA it will have a tourism website that is helpful.

PM if you want to see pic that I have on this place

DisneyDog
05-17-2010, 10:17 AM
We don't live too far away from there, but we've never been. My DS7 was never into Sesame, much to my disappointment. You are coming from far away, so you might want to add some other local interests to your trip. If you have any questions about Philly or Valley Forge or Lancaster, let me know. I'll be glad to give you suggestions for family-friendly places to visit to supplement your Sesame trip.

disneykid@hrt
05-17-2010, 05:57 PM
We were thinking about checking out Hershey maybe too. Is that a 2 or 1 day park??

luvdiznee
05-17-2010, 06:27 PM
We have been to Sesame Place a couple of times. The first we did it in 2 days next trip we did one. Same with Hershey.

We are actually going back to Hershey in August on our way back from DC. DD is too big for Sesame Place. :D

But certainly great for a 2 year old.

kathiep
05-17-2010, 07:08 PM
We've done both several times. I definately think Sesame is a one day park if you plan on arriving early. My kids absolutely love this park. We don't do too many of the dry rides because same we have several places near home with the same types of rides. We stick to the water attractions, parade and shows. It really is a fun place to take your little ones.

Having done Hershey before, it can probably be done in one day. But if you haven't been before, I'd try to make it 2 days.

magicalmom
05-18-2010, 11:09 PM
You can get an Annual Pass at Sesame Place which will let you into Busch Gardens FL and VA and also into Sea World. (Cheaper than buying an AP through the other Busch parks)

terri110874
05-23-2010, 05:31 PM
We just to PA for a little getaway and found MC Donalds in PA has coupons for Sesame Place. Also Hershey Park coupon are at the local Dunkin Doughnuts. I grabbed a few to give to any of my friends who want them.:mickey:

rjmdds
08-04-2010, 12:44 PM
We've done a two day trip to Sesame Place every summer for the past 3 or 4 years. My kids love it. I highly recommend the Sheraton which is right outside the park (you can see it from almost anywhere inside the park)...the beds in that place are SOOOOOO comfortable. I think 2 days is ideal. It's definitely do-able in 1 day but I think it is much better in two. We just got back a couple of weeks ago and again had a blast.

luvdiznee
08-07-2010, 09:49 AM
I thought I'd ask about a Mall that was either across from Sesame Pl or Hershey Pk, just can't remember which. We leave in 2 weeks. :cool: