PDA

View Full Version : Ever booked through a site like Expedia?

TinkiTime1989
05-16-2010, 06:20 PM
I have a PIN code for 30% off values that I was planning to use for an upcoming trip. We usually book directly through Disney or using Magical Journeys. However, I was checking some numbers just now and we can book cheaper than the 30% code through Expedia. Has anyone ever booked a Disney resort through a website such as Expedia? Pros and cons? Thanks!

cinderellagrl
05-16-2010, 07:00 PM
we have actually booked many times through expedia. We have never had a problems (some travel sites actually allow you to buy tickets/ register for magical express on their websites, not sure which ones though). Once we got to disney everything ran as normal, we have even been upgraded once or twice while booking through a travel website! I'd say, if that is where the saving are at, GO for it!

jodijo
05-16-2010, 09:30 PM
We have also booked through Expedia. It was great. The only thing I did not like was the fact that once you booked your trip, you could not make any changes without paying extra fees to do so. Also, we were unable to log into WDW's and DCL's websites to with our Expedia reservation numbers.

Fastpasssteve
05-16-2010, 10:00 PM
I always book through Disney directly, because I like the ability to call and check on things...make changes...ask questions. I've always gotten good deals..like this last trip: Disney was encouraging people to book their next trip while they were still in WDW. To encourage this, it was 30% off values, 35% off moderates, and 40% off deluxe resorts. Because of that, I am staying at the Animal Kingdom Resort (Jambo House) for the first time. All I had to do was put down a deposit for the first night. I still have the option of cancelling if I want...but who would do that?