PDA

View Full Version : Disney's definition of 60 days in advance?

mom2morgan
05-16-2010, 05:07 PM
I just had a slightly odd experience - do they do reservations differently at DLR than at WDW? My trip is July 15th to 20th. That makes today the "60 day" deadline, and I know I'm counting that right because when I made my ressie with MJ Kathy sent me an email saying on May 16th I can make dining reservations. ANYWAY, the very pleasant cast member took my reservations for the 15th and 16th, but told me I'd have to call back Monday and Tuesday to get the 17th and 18th. I could SWEAR that at WDW you can make them for your whole tirp on the first available day. Should I have told her I have a package booked? She didn't ask - although she did ask if I was staying in one of the hotels and I told her DLH.

I LoveJack
05-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Disneyland is a lot diiferent than WDW. You don't have all the different restaurants there and not a real dining plan like at WDW. Their plan gives you "vouchers" for certain amounts and you use them as you would cash. If you go over, you pay extra. If you go under, you still don't get anything back. Not really much of a deal.
That being said, that is the main reasons on why they don't book the same[time frame out or all at once].

mom2morgan
05-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why anyone would want to use those dining vouchers. What's the perceived advantage? Oh, and on that note, am I correct that you can't charge meals to your room key if you are staying on property? is it cash only?

Disney4us2
05-17-2010, 12:44 PM
I just got off the phone with the Disneyland Hotel. You CAN charge meals and merchandise to your hotel room. Just the same way as WDW. The DLH number is 714-778-6600.