PDA

View Full Version : Low sodium diet

disneymom15
05-15-2010, 05:48 PM
My husbands father may be coming with us in Dec. He's had some health problems recently and is now on a low sodium diet. Is it possible to get low sodium foods from counter service resturants? We do most of our meals at counter service places. Are any places better than others? Can we request low sodium when we order? Any info would be great.

Pirate Granny
05-15-2010, 08:48 PM
My dad was on a no sodium diet...and we would pack him a lunch every day rather than try to figure out the counter service sodium. We ate Table Service every night, and that works wonderful as the chef would come out and ask my dad what he felt like eating, and then they would take his suggestion and 'cook' to order...what wonderful chefs..since we had to weigh my dad every day to check the sodium (see if he was retaining water)...we would take a drive down to the supermarket, and yes, stand in line with the other senior citizens who were also there to weigh themselves...we did great...and he had a great time.
:pirate:

ElenitaB
05-16-2010, 06:09 PM
I've seen firsthand how accomodating WDW is with other types of dietary restrictions (particularly allergies). I'm sure that they'll be equally sensitive to your FIL's needs. Check out the Guests with Special Needs forum (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=64) to see how other INTERCOTees have managed while at WDW. The numbers they called are the same that you would call to request information.