PDA

View Full Version : Best.

disneydaughter94(:
05-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Okay, so im going to Disney world in July and I would like to know where you think the best ribs are because i'm basically a rib fanatic!

Strmchsr
05-15-2010, 06:44 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

Being a bit of a rib fanatic myself I don't know that I could consider any place in WDW top notch for ribs. The Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom is very good. It's a counter service place. I suppose best overall, though, would be Whispering Canyon.

Going2HeavenRU
05-15-2010, 07:00 PM
I had ribs at Yak & Yeti (the TS) and LOVED them! I go back in 540 days and I am already dreaming of the ribs.

hoosiermickey
05-15-2010, 07:33 PM
I also vote for Yak & Yeti.

disneydaughter94(:
05-15-2010, 08:57 PM

Being a bit of a rib fanatic myself I don't know that I could consider any place in WDW top notch for ribs. The Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom is very good. It's a counter service place. I suppose best overall, though, would be Whispering Canyon.

Thankyou!:mickey: I've been to Whispering Canyon Cafe before, and I didn't enjoy the food, probably because I got the botomless milk shake with it :sick: But i LOVE flame tree barbecues ribs so much!

disneydaughter94(:
05-15-2010, 08:58 PM

I also vote for Yak & Yeti.

I'll have to try those when I go!
Thankyou!:mickey:

Genie1953
05-15-2010, 11:52 PM
We have had both Flame Tree Barbecue and Wispering Canyon Cafe ribs....both are very good...very different types of barbecue but we definitely loved the Whispering Canyon Cafe ribs more and what a beautiful resort!

joebobodo
05-16-2010, 12:35 AM
My DW throws in a vote for Yak & Yeti. :mickey:

Fastpasssteve
05-16-2010, 01:05 AM
If you are a rib fanatic, you owe it to yourself to try the ribs at all three locations mentioned.
I also love the ribs at the House of Blues Sunday Gospel Brunch! Delicious.

ElenitaB
05-16-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm not a big rib eater, but my DS loves them. He pretty much liked the ones from Yak & Yeti, but for years has asked to go back to Wolfgang Puck Cafe for their ribs with Hoisin sauce.

crltkcagle
05-16-2010, 05:34 PM
DH is also a rib person and he loved the ones at Whispering Canyon.

5MemphisTiggers
05-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Sorry, but the best ribs are in Memphis. :D Maybe you could swing by during your trip?

But if you must eat ribs someplace else, Whispering Canyon's ribs were pretty good.

Genie1953
05-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Sorry, but the best ribs are in Memphis. :D Maybe you could swing by during your trip?

But if you must eat ribs someplace else, Whispering Canyon's ribs were pretty good.

Ha Ha Ha....but I happen to think that Kansas City has pretty good ribs also! I am definitely in agreement with you on Whispering Canyon's ribs....they were awesome!

renecat
05-17-2010, 01:31 PM
We ate at Yak & Yeti last year and the ribs were great.

MOJoe
05-18-2010, 12:54 PM
I gotta agree with Strmchsr and 5MemphisTiggers. Disney treats BBQ Ribs about the same way it does pizza. It is a poor substitute for the real thing.

For a real BBQ fan it's hard to find any better than what is around the Memphis and mid-south area. Sorry K.C. If you want great BBQ you gotta head to my side of Missouri. ;)

5MemphisTiggers
05-18-2010, 02:23 PM
I gotta agree with Strmchsr and 5MemphisTiggers. . .
For a real BBQ fan it's hard to find any better than what is around the Memphis and mid-south area. Sorry K.C. If you want great BBQ you gotta head to my side of Missouri. ;)

No better endorsement than having someone from Missouri recommend Memphis BBQ over KC. :D

Seriously, I'm sure Genie1953 knows I'm just ribbing him/her (har har). KC has some good BBQ too. (I'll just keep quiet about Texas and NC).

I'll have to give Y&Y's ribs a taste next time around.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I thought Flametree BBQ was pretty good and I actually had some decent ribs at Planet Hollywood once.

LandFan
05-19-2010, 03:08 PM
The ribs at JIKO were pretty good too:thumbsup: (the coffee ones).

We like the ones at Flametree BBQ as well. You can't beat the value on those - great taste and low price!

DisneyOtaku
05-19-2010, 04:22 PM
This is another vote for Flame Tree BBQ. I thought they were very tasty!

DisneyBunch
05-20-2010, 04:11 PM
I would be happy with ribs from Memphis or Kansas City, but since we're talking WDW, I vote for Yak and Yeti.:mickey: