PDA

View Full Version : Carpet cleaning

plutosnana
05-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Hi, my dog had puppies and we took them upstairs in our hallway to play. We have carpet.....And they had water....this leads down that they peed. All 6 of them! I have no clue how much money it is to get a hallway cleaned. I already tried cleaning :mop::dishes::laundry: and it smells.. But how much is it for a hallway to get cleaned? Thx!

Disney4us2
05-15-2010, 09:45 AM
I did this when we got our puppy. I used Oxyclean mixed with hot water, and sprayed Frebreeze. It helped. I also have my own steam cleaner and that helped a lot too.

Try looking at the pet store for any pet cleaning products that remove the stain/odor. You can rent a steam cleaning machine as well. I used the Oxyclean in my steam machine and it worked fine.

Good luck and have fun with the pups.

BrerGnat
05-15-2010, 01:33 PM
You need a professional cleaning to get the urine out of the padding UNDER the carpet.

Go to websites for either Stanley Steemer or ChemDry. I prefer ChemDry. They will charge a minimum amount (like, they will not JUST do a hallway). I think your order has to be something like $100 min. Just get another room cleaned. Well worth it. And, go to a pet store and get some puppy piddle pads to put down on the carpet to protect it.