PDA

View Full Version : New member with questions

waggles02673
05-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Hello

My wife and I are purchasing at BLT and were wondering what the odds were of getting a one bedroom or studio there for the second week in Dec going wed 12/8/10- sunday 12/13/10. If we can't get in at BLT do you think we will have problems getting in elsewhere?

Thanks

Jon

FiggyFan
05-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Early December is rather popular with DVC members. The Christmas decorations are up, and the nightly point cost is at its lowest level of the year. The smaller resorts (BCV, WLV) fill up very quickly. I don't have any first hand knowledge about BLT. The general opinion I have heard is that you can almost always find something at SSR since it is so large.

waggles02673
05-15-2010, 02:30 AM
thanks for the response

CanadianWDWFan
05-15-2010, 09:22 AM
The general opinion I have heard is that you can almost always find something at SSR since it is so large.
Old Key West is another option. We had to move one of our trips up and with only a couple of weeks before we left we couldn't get into our home resort let alone anywhere else. The exceptions were OKW and SSR.

Good luck on getting into BLT. :fingers:

SD Price
05-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Probably not too helpful to you now, but we are booked at BLT for a 1BR LV that same week 18-23 Dec 2010. When we booked back at the 11 month window, the Standard View rooms were not available at that time so we had to move up to a LV room.

waggles02673
05-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks again for all the responses. My wife and I have not signed anything yet and are still going back and forth on the whole thing. This wait list thing was never mentioned to us and it might just make more sense for us to "pay as we go" at resorts instead of DVC. Have a call into our guide to get some questions answered.

Thanks again

Jon

TinkerbellsMom
05-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Hi,
We just returned from Disney on Saturday. We did the tour at BLT. It was beautiful! We are undecided about purchasing or continue to pay when we decide to go. Our issues of concern are:
1) Availability to stay at the resort (BLT) when we want to or having to go with a larger room due to nothing else available. The rep did not really discuss this. I would not be happy if I had to stay at another resort the first few times I tried to use DVC.

2) You do not get mouse cleaning everyday. I really don't like not having clean towels.

3)Incentives are not like they have been in the past either.

I would love to hear more from members regarding availability.

Thanks!

MinnieMommie
05-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Old Key West is another option. We had to move one of our trips up and with only a couple of weeks before we left we couldn't get into our home resort let alone anywhere else. The exceptions were OKW and SSR.

:

The other possibility is AKL. We are always able to get something at AKL (even once when we could not get SSR). Our luck with AKL is what has prevented us from purchasing there. Just another option to consider. :mickey:

Pirate Granny
05-18-2010, 07:48 PM
I plan to exchange my towels for those at the pools...I'm sure that is acceptable...
:pirate:

dlpmikki
05-19-2010, 03:49 AM
I plan to exchange my towels for those at the pools...I'm sure that is acceptable...
:pirate:

No it is not.

However when staying at DVC you can use the washers for free (apart from soap). You can also pay extra to have trash and towels done every day.