PDA

View Full Version : Poll for people who wear crocs in the parks

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
05-14-2010, 12:08 PM
If you wear crocs to the parks, do you wear socks? Yes, No, other.....

I've finally bought a pair of the "classic" crocs, and I'm surprised at how good they feel. My big reason is because I always get blisters on my toes when I wear my running shoes to the parks, and I'm trying to avoid that.

Emme&TeddysMommy
05-14-2010, 12:28 PM
I know some people find crocs unfasionable, but to my family it's all about comfort. My husband and I have crocs RX and love them. It's like wearing your slippers all day long. Yes we wear Socks in our crocs. We wear low rise socks in them just because I don't like the feeling of sweaty feet.

kakn7294
05-14-2010, 12:35 PM
If I wear my clog-style Crocs then I do wear socks because I can't stand sweaty feet either. I like the little no-show kind in bright colors.

DisneyFan4Life
05-14-2010, 12:47 PM
We love our crocs too!

I usually wear them without socks. But I always throw a pair in my "park" bag just in case.

pcoleman
05-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Luv my crocs around home and for running short errands. Wore them last trip and lost feeling in part of my foot which has not returned. Doctor said it was because of how the shoe rubbed in instep during the long days of walking. Nerve damage. I now use a walking/hiking shoe from Merrill. I did wear socks with the crocs. Doctor said I probably would not have had the problem if I did not wear the socks. Go figure. I am of the feeling, this is not a place to be a fashion statement, it's all about the comfort.

cantrellmo
05-14-2010, 01:19 PM
I always wear my crocs to the parks. I also wear low rise socks with them. They are the most comfortable shoes I have found to wear at the parks.

vicster
05-14-2010, 01:59 PM
I was a Croc hater until I broke down and bought a pair of Disney Crocs two years ago. I cannot believe how comfortable they are - I won't wear anything else in the parks anymore. And I do not wear socks with them.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-14-2010, 02:01 PM
I always wear socks with my crocs. I love how comfortable they are, but find that my feet get all hot and sweaty without socks, but with socks, my crocs ROCK!

pianobabe
05-14-2010, 02:12 PM
DH always wears his Crocs and he loves them. The only problem was he wouldn't wear socks and he would always get blisters on his feet:walk:. He says on the next trip he will wear socks.

3Cabsfan
05-14-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't give a dog what people think about my Crocs. They are very comfortable!

debandbub
05-14-2010, 05:43 PM
I usually wear those short little socks with crocs at the park, just for the comfort. I do care what I look like, but I don't think it looks that bad! Plus, we walk A LOT (one day we did 16 miles according to our pedometer), and I'm all about the comfort. If I look a little goofy (no pun intended), I think it's better than limping around with blisters the next day.

Disney4us2
05-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I voted "yes". I wear the low rise socks with the pompom mickey's on them. I take them off for the water rides though. I don't like wet socks.:mickey:

ANG
05-15-2010, 08:57 PM
I usually wear crocs, and no socks

javamama
05-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Personally not they are not for me, but my kids wear them with out socks in the warm weather. In the winter/fall they wear them with socks, on our last trip ds didn't wear socks with them ever.

disneykid@hrt
05-15-2010, 11:01 PM
I bought a pair of the Disney flip-flop type Crocs on my last trip after scoring some pretty painful blisters. I wore them in the park for a day and a half and they were like walking on a cloud! :cloud9: So as far as comfort goes, Crocs have it! And who cares if you wear socks with them? If it gets chilly I would prefer to have socks on.

I find socks with Crocs way less offensive than Crocs with Birkenstocks. Not that I am the fashion police. I'm guilty of it myself!

Tink#64
05-16-2010, 02:16 AM
Typically we were tennis shoes/sneakers to the parks, but all 4 of us have Crocs & they are great for a rainy day to keep you tennis shoes dry! Last trip we all wore our Crocs a couple of days, it was raining when we went to DTD & for our 1st park day at Epct, so we wore Crocs & were very comfy! At home I sometimes wear them with socks, & in cold weather I wear my mammoth Crocs with socks, who cares about what non Croc people think, Crocs rock! Too funny tho, the 1st time we ever saw Crocs was in WDW many years agao & wondered what those rubber shoes were that we saw so many people wearing! But I loved them right away, I think they are cute & they are the most comfy shoes I own! Gotta love the Crocs! :thumbsup:

Genie1953
05-16-2010, 06:06 PM
My right foot is extremely sensitive due to a history of 4 foot surgeries. I tried on a pair of crocs a few years ago and could barely take a step in them...they hurt so bad. After reading all these reviews guess I will have to try a pair of them again and see if they still hurt my feet.

5togetherWDW
05-16-2010, 06:35 PM
I only wear socks with crocs at the airport (don't want to walk barefoot through security scans.) Love the comfort of crocs. Sock-free is especially good on wet days as they dry so quick. Only the crocs no socks-ers were comfortable on the last not-so-sunny (aka torrential liquid sunshine) week. We do carry along a pair of socks in case . . . but never use them.

finaldynasty
05-16-2010, 09:41 PM
This will be my first year wearing them. This will be my DW's and kids third year. They vary in wearing socks, but love wearing their crocs!!!

wdwvacationeer
05-17-2010, 06:39 AM
If you like the crocs, you might want to try the croc flip-flops. They feel like the regular crocs on the soles of your feet-but your foot is not encased in all that croc material around your foot. Your foot will never sweat. I wear mine every trip with no problems.

vicster
05-17-2010, 08:37 AM
I don't give a dog what people think about my Crocs. They are very comfortable!

I'm with you!!!