PDA

View Full Version : Looking for something new to do

AJ Springfield
05-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Hi, everyone!! My family will be returning to WDW in about three weeks and I am so excited.I am looking for something new to do. We are staying at the Poly for the first time so that is a biggie. In addition to that, I thought about taking the monorail to the GF for dinner, to the Contemporary for dessert and returning for poolside drinks (and swimming) at the Poly. I don't need fancy or expensive-- just different. Thoughts??

BugeyedMuggy
05-14-2010, 09:44 AM
I like to print out one of Disney Shawns blogs and bring it to the park to check out some of the background stories. You would not beleive how many things you walk right past without noticing.

Strmchsr
05-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Try one of the tours - Behind the Seeds is pretty inexpensive and fun. The Segway tour and Keys to the Kingdom tours are great. The AquaSeas Tour (or Divequest if you're scuba certified) is the best.

buzznwoodysmom
05-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Last June we did the behind the seeds tour and it was fun. It's not fancy or expensive, but it was different. We did the tour that day and later that night we ate at Garden Grill so the kids thought it was cool that we might be eating some of the fish or veggies we saw earlier that day.

Since you are staying at the Poly I'd recommend just spending an entire day at the resort. We stayed at the Poly for the first time in Nov. and we enjoyed many days poolside. There is a very fun, laid back vibe at the pool there. My kids played games and did some of the children's activities, and we just enjoyed lots of relaxation. My mom and I also went "shopping" around the monorail one afternoon. DH stayed back with the boys and we hopped from one monorail resort to the next, shopping and snacking. It was a very fun way to spend the afternoon. What ever you do you'll enjoy the Poly.

DisneyHoneymooners
05-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Have you ever visited the AKL to check out the savannas. There are plenty of viewing areas both in and outside of the resort. If you check it out after dark you can use the night vision glasses that have at the Jambo house. There are plenty of rocking chairs around to have a seat and relax too.

mjm12000
05-14-2010, 12:53 PM
I always lover renting the water mice and taking them for a spin on the 7 seas Lagoon, that way you can also see your resort from a different view.

Another great idea is the tours, we are doing the Backstage Magic tour for the first time on this trip.

You could if you enjoy alcohol drink your way around the world at Epcot, it is always a fun way to spend an evening.

Explore your resort by walking around all of the grounds and buildings, lying by the pool etc.

Grab a snack to eat in your facorite park and sit on a bench for 10 minutes and just watch people and absorb the themeing all around you, I think alot of us forget to just sit and watch sometimes and really soak it all in.

maleficant mommy
05-14-2010, 05:37 PM
If you are looking for places to eat in the monorail circle, I would do a late tea (3pm) at the Grand Floridian (wonderful food, different experience, very relaxing), a boat ride to the Wilderness Lodge for a light sandwich at the walk up and dessert at the Kona in the Poly (the best dessert selection ever!).

paragon
05-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Book a fireworks cruise! We did this in April, it was very, very, very, very good! A 24' lake cruiser ( open top- they have blankets for you if its chilly ) They cruise around Bay Lake for about 45 min prior to the fireworks, the guide will also show you some things you wouldn't normally notice, or see, like the water birds nesting in the trees at night, (which is funny to see, they look like big cartoon birds in the trees! ) Then, he will bring up close, very close, to the Electric Water Parade, the music sounds great, echoing off of the water. Book the cruise with audio, so you will hear the entire "wishes" soundtrack, which often in the park you can't hear fully. After the electric parade he will cross over to Seven Seas Lagoon and position the boat so the Castle is in your center view, and you will see the fireworks over the park! They offer chips, pretzels, snacks and soda as well. Our driver also took two photos of our group before we left the dock. Welll worth the money, and something I would do again, especially in the warmer weather!

AJ Springfield
05-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks for all of your ideas. I thought that since it is the year 2010, I should find 10 new things to try. Keep the ideas coming.

kemps@wdw
05-14-2010, 10:35 PM
This year is gonna be "different" for us as well. Now that our DD is 17, we'll be doing more adult activities that she hasn't been able to do before now. Such as, parasailing and the Keys tour. And this year, we plan on resort hopping 1 day, and have decided that each one of us gets to chose 1 new place to dine that we haven't been to before. But, we'll be returning to some of our old faves also! :thumbsup: