PDA

View Full Version : Combining points from two DVC contracts

SD Price
05-14-2010, 07:09 AM
I should know this already, but cannot remeber. My wife and I own a contract at BLT and would like to add on a few points at HHI. Can we combine points from the two resorts to make a long stay at one or the other? Thanks in advance.

Scott

Mrs Bus Driver
05-14-2010, 08:04 AM
I think you can but only at the 7 month window:mickey:

DVC2004
05-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Yes you can add on at a different resort. You can book with both points at 7 months. So- if you are staying at HHI you can use the HHI points (and borrow next years if need be) to make a ressie at the 11 month window. You wouldn't be able to use your BLT points until the 7 month window then (assumming you still needed more points). The 11 month home resort priority is only good for the points you own at that resort and can borrow. Hope this makes sense.

SD Price
05-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks a ton! Let me ask a follow up to clear my head...To use those additional BLT points to upgrade to a larger room on an HHI reservation at the seven month window, would I have to rebook the whole reservation?

sdp

DizneyRox
05-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Yep...

You could book what you can at the 11 month mark, and then hope at the 7 month mark you can add on the days you couldn't book.

Sounds like you are looking to book a 1BR at HH for the whole stay and then hopefully upgrade to a 2BR using your BLT points. Yes, that would require that you cancel your 1BR reservation to have the points for the 2BR reservation.

That's a risky way of doing it, but I've heard people having trouble getting into HH at the 7 month window. Might be 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of another.